October 21, 2014 | 2069 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - #190 Foundation Brush

rated 3 of 5 on 6/8/2014 6:15:00 PM More reviews by dierregi

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought this and a Bobbi Brown within a short time frame. This brush offers mediocre results compared to the BB. Besides, after the first week of use and cleaning with soap and hit water, it lost softness and became brittle, while the BB can be washed without any problem.

After a month, this brush started to give a streaked result and I could not manage to clean it properly. I am disappointed, as I bought a couple of other MAC brushes and I do not have any problem with them.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2014 8:41:00 PM More reviews by mccalisterr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I didn't actually buy this brush by itself since I bought my MAC brushes by set which actually costs probably a couple of hundreds less as a set rather than buying them all individually. I honestly don't like using paddle brushes for applying foundation as to no matter what brand it maybe or thick and meaty the brush may be, it'll always leave out streaks on your face which is clearly something that no one would set as a goal. However I've been using this brush for a lot of purposes just not foundation. You may use it as a brush for applying primer especially if the paddle brush is synthetic or like what I've been doing lately, I've been using this brush to go over my foundation with a sheer-light coverage concealer just to make that triangle highlight from under my eyes to my cheeks which it's perfect for that because you don't get streaks at all since the concealer is sheer and it won't move your foundation since it's already clung onto your skin unless you use a heavy hand which you're not supposed to be. It's basically more of a large primer/concealer brush in my opinion. Rather than a foundation brush

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2014 2:24:00 AM More reviews by Perfectbody

I love this brush!!!
It makes easier to apply foundation, more smooth and even skin. Better than apply by fingers or sponge.
I can't live without this brush. It might be so expensive but I can tell "it is worth!"
It's expensive but it can be stay along with you for many years.

Must have item for anyone who loves foundation.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/30/2013 9:00:00 AM More reviews by ElineSP

I bought this after reading a couple of reviews, and because I needed a new one. It is absolutely not a cheap brush, even in overpriced Norway this brush was expensive: I paid $65/£40/€47/NOK400 for this! It is totally not worth a quarter of the price... It gives a terribly streaky result and sucks up half of the product ~ even after watching a bunch of tutorials from MUAs and ordinary youtubers this gives the same, terrible result! I was super disappointed, after all... So many people say this is great - well, to me, it wasn't! I'd much rather buy the Real Techniques Expert Face brush and the Core Collection!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2013 2:15:00 PM More reviews by adh1006

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I use this brush for liquid foundation and concealer. It blends smooothly and evenly with no streaking. The bristles are soft and haven't shedded so far. I wash the brush after every use with a gentle, fragrance-free soap and it's just like new every time!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/28/2013 6:39:00 PM More reviews by margrosek

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Initially I thought this brush was just barely adequate for applying foundation, but after I purchased better brushes, like the 187 duo fiber, my opinion of the 190 immediately changed. I realized that the duo fiber brush was doing a much better job with regard to application and blending of foundation. No more streaks! It also was taking a lot less time, time that I had sadly wasted in trying to get an even application with the 190! My190 brush remains unused in addition to my perfectly useless 136 Blush Brush which is far too large for blush application. I have found that the small duo fiber 130 brush does an awesome job of applying blush! The 190 foundation brush and the 136 blush brush are my two least favorite Mac brushes. (After reading some reviews on the 190 I have decided to attempt to put it to use for the application of my concealer. I don't know if it will work for this purpose, but it's worth a try.)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2013 12:07:00 AM More reviews by Rocklover

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

The first foundation brush I owned was a cheap brand, which I thought was awesome at the time in comparison to using my fingers. One day I was at MAC buying my foundation and one of the girls convinced me to buy the 190. Best. Decision. Ever.

About the 190:The bristles are super fine, soft, flexible (but not too flexible), and extremely densely packed. I have had mine for more than 2 years and have not seen one single hair shed yet. The shape of the brush is great too, it's just the right length and has a nice subtle tip which is great for getting in around the eye area and the edges of your nose.

The result: better blending, streak free, more natural appearance and less product use.

If you're still not convinced then hear this: the first day I used my 190, my husband said my makeup looked better than usual. When I asked him to explain, he said that my skin tone looked more natural and even than usual. And he's not the type to notice that kind of thing so be impressed! Be very impressed!

A few people have complained that they feel this applies their foundation too heavily. If you get a blob of foundation on the brush and apply directly to your face, then yes, you will get very heavy application! The trick to avoid this is to use a palette - I use a MAC one that looks like a little hand mirror. How to: apply a some of your foundation to the palette and gently swipe the brush against the palette, picking up a small amount of foundation, then keep swiping to spread the product out on the brush BEFORE you apply it to your face. If in doubt, ask a MAC artist to show you how.

Only con: I took one lippy off the packaging score because I find the handle on this brush way too long. I like to get up close to the mirror but the handle length prevents me from doing that. I ended up sawing off half the handle and sanding the edges smooth (I can see you all cringing). Yes it's ugly now, but functions better in my opinion!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2013 1:18:00 PM More reviews by Henab

One of the best foundation brushes I have used. I hope it proves its value by lasting a long time.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/28/2013 10:07:00 AM More reviews by makeupgalley2

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this brush very cheap for a mac brush so I thought I would give it a go. This brush is good for around the eyes but not very good for the whole face as it is quite a small brush. The brush feels great at first but gets harder to use (even when you clean it). Thr brush creates faint lines on your face and it seems to soak up your foundation. I would not buy this product again (especially at full price!) The packaging is a rubbish little plastic wallet and the brush is too long to fit into my make up bag.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2013 2:37:00 AM More reviews by hpunkinway

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really don't understand this brush, nor any other foundation applicator. I have used it dry, and with water. I do not like my makeup foundation to cover like a mask. If anyone out there would care to illuminate me as to how to use this tool, I would be so grateful. Somehow, I think that I just either don't know how to use it, or I am too impatient.

I tend to blend my makeup into my face almost like moisturizer. Maybe that is my problem, but I always thought that was the way to do it.

Please advise! I'd love to be able to enjoy these things. Thanks.