September 1, 2014 | 1050 users online

Gels/Soaps - The Body Shop - Mango Soap

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2013 11:17:00 AM More reviews by isabellaaaa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i like the smell. and it moisturize my skin enough. enough to not make me feel sticky nor dry.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2013 1:41:00 PM More reviews by chocolateorange221

Best smelling soap ever! I sometimes just wash my hands for the sake of smelling the mango scent. However the small downside to this is that it's not very moisturising, but I just apply hand cream after washing my hands. Would definitely go back and by a couple more =)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2012 2:28:00 PM More reviews by lollsazz

PLEASE READ!
I actually really like this soap! I sometimes use this for my hands because it has such a nice scent at the same time that it doesn't smell strongly, which I really like. Especially when I'm about to eat I HATE it if the soap I washed my hands with makes them smell strongly. This soap is also pretty gentle, but I prefer other things for my hands since my skin is dry and sensitive.
BUT, the main reason I probably always will have this around is that it's a great brush cleanser! I also wash my beauty blender with this. This soap takes away, I think, ANY kind of makeup (UPDATE: not an kind - it doesn't handle MAC's longwear pro, but oil and silicon-based products). I first discovered this when my MAC duo-fiber brush (that I hardly ever use) was stained pink and I couldn't get the colour out, no matter what I tried. I figured out I should try this soap after already trying a lot of other cleansing products on it. I swirled the brush around on the wet soap and the pink disappeared almost instantly...! I couldn't believe it! I went to my room and fetched all of my other brushes and managed to get every one of them clean - even the brushes that were stained with foundation or eyeshadow I couldn't get out. Note: I have tried a lot of other soaps and soap bars on my brushes, but ONLY THIS gets them completely clean - it's the best deep cleansing product for makeup tools I've ever tried.
Also, this hasn't ruined my brushes in terms of the hairs getting stiff. The hairs may be a tiny bit wispy right after washing, but when they dry, there's no wispiness or scratchiness to them. I also checked the ingredients of the soap and found out that the soap basically has no soap - there's no sulphates in this soap, so it's like a sulphate-free shampoo for your brushes!
As said before, this doesn't have a strong smell, so the brushes will just have a light mango smell after washing :) I see the other reviewers have complained about the weak smell of this, but I really like that it's not strong. For my body I like a stronger smell and therefore use the liquid mango soap. A great idea for making the liquid soap last longer is to use a washing glove with it and to dilute it with water since it's quite concentrated.
Since this was so good for cleaning makeup off my bushes this soap is probably great for getting body makeup off too. Also, if you have managed to get makeup on your clothes, don't try to use makeup removers (they often contain oil) - just use this and you'll avoid ruining your clothes ;D

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2011 11:49:00 AM More reviews by Summerbeauty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

smells lush. i recieved this in a set and goes great with scrub, butter and lip butter awsome! ignore spelling soz sore hand!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2011 3:13:00 AM More reviews by pinkfrost52

I got this in a gift set from a friend. The smell of mango is not as strong as the body wash, but it lathers well, my skin feels clean, BUT also dry and a little 'waxy' afterwards. I will use it up, but won't repurchase as it makes my skin feel dry afterwards.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2011 10:51:00 PM More reviews by CuteMo

I'm posting this review for my boyfriend as he's the one who uses the mango soap of the Body Shop collection. The smell is very faint, lathers well, but he doesn't find it moisturizing. But overall I think he quite likes it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2009 11:53:00 PM More reviews by pjw1209

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I received this part of a gift set. The soap lathers well, but barely smells like Mango. I like the Moringa and Wild Cherry soap better. I will not replace this soap when it runs out.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2009 7:58:00 PM More reviews by ImGaskarthsLilMamaxD

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i love this soap. i have super sensitive skin and was really scared to try this but this is is super calming on my skin and my dove soap is what was so irritating. this could be more foamy but it smells really good :). i hope they keep making this. i wanna try the other scents :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2009 5:32:00 PM More reviews by aastew

This is a very nice soap. If feels very velvety and moisterizing in the shower. The reason I gave it 4 lippies is that I can't smell the mango hardly at all. It is a very faint smell. For that reason, I probably wouldnt' buy it again and would choose another scent. The quality of the soap is very nice though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2009 3:02:00 PM More reviews by Sour

The Mango line is my favorite out of all of TBS scents. This soap is another stellar product.