October 21, 2014 | 1355 users online

Pressed Powders - Wet 'n' Wild - Silkygirl Lightening Pressed Powder

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 12/17/2009 6:54:00 AM More reviews by princessjaslyn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used to use this product, loved the finish it gave my face after using a fluffy brush.
I agree with most of the reviewers - the sponge provided IS rubbish and the packaging tends to get dirty real quickly and hence look old as it is white.

I stopped using this product after 1 and half compacts, because I realised the powder didn't hold on my face. It'd only adhere to spots where I used concealer at the end of the day and I'll end up having patchy looking skin.

Scrapped this after that and never repurchased.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2008 11:46:00 PM More reviews by reverie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The powder itself does what it's supposed to do, at a really low price. I bought this in 02 Light, and it looks really natural. It lasts all day. I never use the sponge/puff thing though. It sucks. I apply it with my regular powder brush to set my makeup. The packaging is kinda lousy and cheap looking, and also gets old-looking really fast.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2008 11:49:00 AM More reviews by Natashia

Small
Cheap

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2007 10:48:00 PM More reviews by elphinstone

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Toss the sponge and use a decent brush - the application will be so much more smoother :) it's quite good for the price you're paying, excellent in fact. Decent coverage, did not oxidise on me and it looks very natural.

2 Gripes though: 1. The packaging is horrible (like what most reviewers said below, there is no separate compartment for the sponge which is kinda yucky, and 2. The shades are too limited - only 3 and none is a perfect fit for me which is such a shame. Still, this is a rather good product. Would not repurchase because i would like to try other powders :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2007 7:35:00 AM More reviews by Jadetive

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Good points:
Huge mirror inside, perfect.
Though it's a pressed powder, the coverage is very good.
The color is slightly yellow, great for Asian skin.
Cheap!

Bad points:
The sponge is useless.
It CAN be cakey, depends on your mode of application. It's hard to go wrong if you have a fluffy brush.

After I buy a retractable fluffy brush, this will be my HG pressed powder. 5 lippies! :)

rated 3 of 5 on 7/2/2006 1:28:00 AM More reviews by golden_gal

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

I love this powder... I have this in 03 Natural. Lovely coverage and leaves me shine free.
However, the packaging is horrible. After some usage, the cover tends to pop open by itself and the sponge lies directly over the powder. The only thing I like about this product is the actual powder inside.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2005 8:26:00 PM More reviews by chi77

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I deduct 1 lippie for terrible plastic packaging and no separate compartment for the sponge which lies directly on top of the powder causing possible contamination. I deduct another lippie for poor color choices cause I got "light" and it's half a shade too dark. The next lightest shade is "white", which I think I'd try the next time I decide to repurchase. The oil-control is not as good as my TLC and MUFE loose powders. But the coverage is fantastic which probably warrants me to repurchase when I need to replenish. It covers the uneven areas and camouflage my pores pretty well. It doesn't cake. It's not drying like most other pressed powder I've tried. This pressed powder even reminds me of MAC's studiofix except that it doesn't contain foundation ingredients to give it that ultimate hold. But for a powder, it definitely ranks high; i.e. if you can find a suitable shade. But I wish they'd change the packaging. It's not something I'd draw out in the ladies for touch-up. The white cheap plastic is horrible, not to mention having my sponge sit on top of the powder all day. In my country, they've renamed Wet'n'Wild to Silkygirl.