November 27, 2014 | 1377 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Pur Minerals - Color Correcting Primer

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2012 4:16:00 AM More reviews by i8alltheBacon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This does work. I'm VERY pale, most companies don't carry a light enough foundation colour for me, and if they do, it's too pink or orange. I have a lot of redness from past acne troubles and I currently have eczema issues. This goes on smooth like all the other primers out there, but you have to blend it in a bit more because of the colour in it. The green evens out my redness really well.. It does make your face look paler than usual...my MAC N3 StudioFix looked almost whitish ...when it used to be a tad too pink for me. ***make sure to give it a few mins to dry on your face, the first time I used it I applied it right away and it smeared a bit. I get a pretty shiny t-zone and this did about as well as other primers. It's expensive $33 (Cdn), but if it works I guess it's worth it.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/1/2012 11:34:00 PM More reviews by avaqadore

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

What a disappointment. I love Pur Minerals foundation, and this primer was suggested to me because I have some redness on my skin. I put a little on my face, and let the primer dry. It dried and turned into a chalky white on my face. I thought it would be covered up by the foundation, but it wasn't. I looked like I was sick; all the color was gone.

I guess this is amazing if your face is REALLY red.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2012 1:27:00 PM More reviews by kaysee11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I am so thankful for this primer, it's actually amazing. I used to pile on foundation like it was going out of style because I felt like my skin was so disgusting. I actually tried my room mates Pur Minerals primer, she suggested I try it because I always complain about the redness of my face, and sure enough I swear by it now. It makes all the redness go away, and it is light and just amazing. Now I wear primer and a translucent powder on my face and that's it. I'm not weighed down by my makeup anymore and I have gained so much more confidence from this little bottle! I would reccommend it to anyone and I am going to use it until I die!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2012 10:15:00 PM More reviews by trillium13

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I like this primer quite a bit, for correcting redness. It actually contains enough green pigment to help conceal red areas of the skin. It does leave me looking just a touch paler than normal. Once I put foundation on my skin looks normal, but wanted to point it out. As far the feel of the primer on my skin, it's decent. I have others I like the feel and appearance of better, but on days when my skin is more reddish or blotchy I do use this. My skin feels smooth and my makeup goes over it nicely, it just doesn't provide a velvety feel, or reduce pore appearance as much as some other primers. I have used Smashbox's green corrector and as far as color correcting, this is much better. I find the texture sort of airy or mousse-like, not watery or oily. I do like that it has a pump, but sometimes the pump gets air in it and it's hard to get the product out without a little patience. It does pump out the right amount of product to cover your face. I would recommend it overall.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/26/2012 10:47:00 PM More reviews by zooming

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I found something interesting when I decided to try this on the back of my hand before using it. I applied it to the entire back of my hand and then used the the 4 in 1 foundation swirled on top, adding a few layers, then I ran a full stream of water over that and everything stayed in place, the water beaded up, very similar to the Hourglass demo they give in Sephora. After seeing that, I know this is a great product with great staying power. The green corrector aspect has never been something that works for me in many products, this is pretty much the same, as far as just a working primer, I love it.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2012 4:52:00 PM More reviews by tricia_g_c

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm not sure that I'll have to buy it again, I mean you have to use so little of it and I don't have a lot of red spots. But, I do like the consistency, it allows me to apply it and tap tap it until it's blended and dry. It dries smoothly and I find any foundation, liquid or powder, or concealer goes over it nicely.
I like the pump and clear glass bottle too.
If I ever get around to needing to buy another, I certainly will buy this one unless something convinces me otherwise.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/1/2012 10:41:00 PM More reviews by Flossie2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I had my doubts about this when I bought it having used green primers before. I have very fair skin with a lot of redness in some areas. This product is quite effective in hiding redness with some negatives. First, it's very watery and hard to apply. I sort of tap it on in very small amounts. The watery consistency doesn't allow you to spread it. Just tap it on. Then you have to wait for it to dry. I'm not too happy with that; having to wait for it to dry on my face but again the stuff is very wet. The positive is that I use a lot less foundation using the primer. Probably half what I used before. It also helps to conceal dark eye circles a little bonus I didn't expect. In fact I've been able to stop using concealer completely. The product has no smell at all and personally I haven't found that it makes my skin oily. I'm not very keen on the packaging however, When are makeup manufacturers going to stop selling stuff in glass bottles? They are useless for travel in a suitcase. Glass can break and is heavy. I would buy this product again even though it's quite expensive because it does help a lot with red blotchiness and dark eye circles.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2011 8:09:00 AM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've tried several other green-tinted colour correcting primers (Smashbox, MAC, Physician's Formula) but this one, from Pur Minerals, is the BEST. The consistency is such that it applies and spread nicely (unlike Smashbox, which was either patchy or vanished entirely) and really worked to help cancel out the redness on my cheeks and around my nose. Foundation applied nicely overtop (the Pur Minerals powder foundation) and even liquid foundations from other companies work well applied over this primer. The pump bottle is a good, convenient feature and the product itself just works really well. Not a product you can wear on its own, though - you need something overtop or you will look pale, pasty and ghost-like. I would definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/18/2011 3:02:00 PM More reviews by snodog16

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Love this product! Although I don't use it every time with my foundation (nor do I wear foundation everyday), it's amazing when it comes to reducing the redness in my cheeks and acne for special occasions. It's very sheer, and feels oily when applying it, but I swear it diminishes pores and leaves my skin soft to the touch! Just AMAZING! I was talked into buying it by a sales lady at Shopper's and I can tell you I am happy I was. It is rather on the expensive side (~$30) and that is why I only wear it on special outings. I am thoroughly happy with this product and if I have some extra cash by the time I finish this bottle, I will definitely be repurchasing it!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2011 6:26:00 AM More reviews by PrairieGirl7

This is my HG! Since I started using it a few years ago I get compliments on my skin everywhere I go. I don't use it as an all over primer, but on top of my Quo primer. I use a noticeable layer on my chin where i have super noticeable acne scarring/redness and on the apples of my cheeks. Let it set for a few minutes then apply my foundation. it gives me a flawless complexion and if they ever stop making it I am totally screwed.