Ojon Restorative Hair Treatment

3.4

Elaeis Oleifera (Palm) Oil, Prunus Africana Bark Extract, Serenoa Serrulata Fruit Extract, Lecithin, Citronellol, Linalool, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Citric Acid, Parfum (Fragrance)

on 6/26/2015 7:33:00 AM

I love the others products from Ojon, but this one didn't surprised me... I used everyday, before washing my hair. To protect the hair worked very well, but I didn't feel the 'restorative' part...

on 2/17/2015 4:56:00 PM

I thought this mask sounded promising, I got two samples from ulta and I tried one out last night. it was a complete fail. I followed the directions although I put more in my hair because it is thick. The smell is different but it doesnt bother me. My problem is that when I woke up this morning after my hair had dried it was a huge greasy mess! I even let it rinse for 10-15 mins in the shower after I shampooed it. I do have another sample so I may try it later just on my ends and I wont use as much. I think there are other cheaper alternatives that are better but it just did not work for me.

on 7/25/2014 1:56:00 PM

Bought this after I fried my hair. Did nothing. Note that I did buy the newer formulation. I still have an entire tub left. Thought id get virgin hair from the marketing claims, but no. Only thing that helped was chopping off the frizzy ends.

Ok, works if you understand the ingredients . That might not make sense to most-but these ingredients help reinforce and condition the stands as well as stimulate the scalp. When most think of hair "trea wants" they think of ultra conditioning moisturizing oils and creams that weigh the hair down. This smoothed rather then weigh down and encourages natural texture and still allows some vine and bounce . I have medium fine wavey hair and my extensions are European, this works great on both and gives natural texture. Love it

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This stuff is simply "just okay" in terms of a deep restorative. To sum up my review, if your hair needs such lengths to "restore" or deep condition, Aussie still has the 3 Minute Miracle that works just as well at a fraction of the price and it'll save you the smoke smell. This stuff has a strong, musky tobacco smell that is slightly smokey. It is okay at first because it's different and new and sort of odd but after sitting with that goopy mess on my head for the directed 20 minutes, I was ready to hurl.

Even after washing it out and rinsing well, I can still smell it. Be sure if you plan on washing it out and not getting that lingering sent to use a clarifying shampoo. Looking past the smell, the performance of this product was not bad. It definitely made my hair feel softer, look smoother and feel more silky. I have normally pretty finely textured hair but the way I treat it on a daily basis, I can sometimes use the deep conditioning treatment and this will do until I run out and then I will never use it again, likely. The price, the container, the scent, it just isn't worth it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This product was a trip. My fine hair did not like it. Thank goodness it was just a large sample from Sephora. I also don't think I'm fond of the WAY you have to put it on, and the smell was not nice. The results just didn't seem to match up to my expectations.

on 5/25/2013 8:30:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product was so - so as far as conditioning goes but the real reason I'm giving it a low rating is because of the horrific smell. I am not usually sensitive to smells and am usually surprised when someone complains about the smells of other hair products. This treatment smells like stale tobacco and coffee. It's revolting. I don't recommend. Yuck

on 4/28/2013 12:58:00 AM

Besides the smell and ingredients, this is pretty decent.

It smells of bitter cocoa, tobacco and thick smoke. It's ok, but it kinda tip-toes into ashtray land. I quit smoking, so I'm not in a hurry to smell like that again. Thankfully, it goes away after you wash it out.

I saturated my hair, combed the oil through and hit it with a bit of warmth from my blow dryer. When I went to wash my hair I put shampoo in BEFORE I rinsed my hair to break up the oil ( learned that using olive oil for my hair ). I washed my hair twice and put in a conditioner as normal.

I did notice a bit more fall out, but this is only my 1st time using it. If i lose a lot consistently I will update.

My hair felt softer, looked shinier and was easier to style. My package says that the ingredients are mostly palm oil and rosemary....I'm not sure if that justifies the cost since I can get an 8oz jar of palm for $12 and rosemary for $5. I might purchase this again, but probably not regularly.

1 weird thing: the little cap that came with it to give extra protection to the product after opening did not fit.

Update: I wouldn't repurchase this. I know that there are other things that can nourish my hair better, for a cheaper price and NOT smelling like an ash tray. Back to Sephora it goes.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

This is the most amazing product that I have ever tried. Yes it smells horrible and yes it is expensive, but it is completely worth it.

3 years back my hair was bleach damaged all of the way up to the roots, it was dry, like chewing gum and snapped off. I had it cut off to my chin and it has now only just reached armpit length seen as I refuse to get it cut and it just keeps breaking.
In the last 5 months alone I have had 2 full heads of highlights, 4 bleachings, 4 ginger dyes, 2 blonde dyes and 3 brown dyes put on my hair. Alongside everyday styling with straighteners and curlers.
After one use of this mask it doesn't even look like I have 1 split end. And the results have lasted after I've washed my hair.
I put it on the ends of my hair, blasted it with a hair dryer for 5 minutes then put my hair up, put a hat on top and left it on overnight and my hair now looks like virgin hair.
Best find EVER

on 3/21/2013 7:26:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I love this product. I never wear it for only 20 mins. Every time I use this product I put it all over my hair from my roots to my ends and I leave it in over night. While its sitting in my hair I will massage my scalp and comb through my hair to make sure it is distributed well. In the morning I will wash my hair out with shampoo and conditioner. My hair always feels super full of volume and soft after this overnight treatment. I don't mind the smell, it actually makes me feel like an ojon warrior LOL.