July 29, 2014 | 1738 users online

Hair - Ojon - Hydrating Styling Cream

rated 2 of 5 on 7/5/2012 9:46:00 AM More reviews by Srovenia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Is it just me or does this product smell horrible? i just used it for the first time and it smells completely terrible!! >.< good thing i didn't actually buy this product and just got a free deluxe sample...

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2012 12:57:00 AM More reviews by kahaluumauka4

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I super love this Ojon hydrating styling cream...but i cannot find it no where at fine store's like our local hawaii sephora...i heard its discontinued...darn darn!!! this styling cream makes my hair super manageable and smelling sooooo sweet after a shampoo, and conditioner...plus its NOT oily and NOT greasy afterfeel...it soaks right into your hair with no oily residue...I wish Ojon would bring this back...i guess i have to hunt for it online and buy it online if i find it!!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2010 5:11:00 AM More reviews by ashleydutta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Wow, I'm surprised at the low ratings. I've been searching for a while for a good styling cream to put in my damp hair that will air dry well. This is the best I have found so far. Not perfect, but pretty good. I have very fine hair, and this does not weigh it down - which is why I give it a high rating! It moisturizes, tames frizzies, and in general makes my hair more manageable. It does not give any definition though - I feel it's more for moisturizing and less for styling. And the real reason I take a lippie off: the smell! Ewww, it smells like old cigarette smoke! like clothes full of stale smoke, eek. I think that is just how the Ojon oil smells. but I do not want that smell on my hair! So it defeats the purpose and makes this oil useless as a hair product in my opinion.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2009 3:47:00 PM More reviews by Missscarina

I'm not sure why there are so many negative reviews on this product, but I love it! It makes my hair looks healthy and shiny, and since I use really cheap hot rollers, my hair usually curls with lots of frizz. However, after putting this product in my hair is smooth yet the curls stay intact. The smell is like oatmeal, it's not that bad it's actually kind of nice. It is really strong, though. Get a sample of this product and give it a try because it worked wonders on me!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2009 10:00:00 AM More reviews by pf3855

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My hair has taken on this dry, coarse quality lately and we've pinpointed it to a thyroid problem. Trying to get that under control is one thing, but my hair was a bigger concern as I generally have smooth silky curls and this dryness was causing me great distress. My hair guy suggested I get this line of products and I love it! Been using the shampoo, conditioner, hydrating style cream & restorative hair treatment and can say my hair is back to it's normal shininess. I love the smell of the Ojon line, makes me think of my yoga studio and that makes me happy - a very fresh woodsy natural scent. Ojon products aren't inexpensive to buy but a tiny bit of product goes a long way. I highly recommend and will definitely repurchase!! I also use Moroccan Oil about 4 times x week and it's a lifesaver as well!!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2009 4:41:00 PM More reviews by NYC22

Oh my! I HATE this product!!! I used it the other day and it made my hair feel like I had rubbed paste into it. After blow drying, my hair looked like one big solid as you could not identify individual hair strands. Also, I had difficulty running my fingers through my hair because it was so sticky/gloppy. Finally, this made my hair look "big" as if I had put in a thickening agent which was disappointing because I thought this product would smooth my hair and make it look sleeker. I was so upset with how my hair turned out that I had to wash and dry my hair a second time - and the result is that my hair is out of control from over-washing.

At first I blamed myself and thought that I had put way too much product in. However, other reviewers stated that they also had sticky hair from this product and one reviewer in particular said that she got the same result no matter how little product she put in. Thus, I won't be giving this product a second try because I just can't deal with the same sort of horrid results all over again.

Finally, I did not think this product was user-friendly at all. I did not like the fact that I had to rub the cream between my palms in order to dissolve the microbeads. This was time consuming and once I was done rubbing I had difficulty telling how much product was in my hands. Also, I had to wash my hands twice in order to clean off all the sticky residue from my palms. And get this: I just noticed last night that the bristles on my brush are coated with this stuff. I am not looking forward to having to clean it . Finally, I did not like the pump because the lip on the pump did not extend far enough so I kept having to tilt the bottle in order to get it into my palm.

For $30 this product was ridiculous and I will be retuning it this weekend.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2009 3:46:00 PM More reviews by diggity

I picked up a trial size tube of this (along with the Ojon Glossing Leave-in Cream) at Sephora. I was looking for a styling cream to use on wet hair before air drying, something with a little hold and hopefully some moisturizing qualities. This product is not it! I didn't use much, and yet my hair still felt gunky and coated (plus it looked very dull). I had the same issues with the Glossing Leave-in Cream, although that one actually worked alright as a pre-heat styling product. I tried using the Hydrating Styling Cream before air drying and before blowdrying. Both ways, it was a disappointment. And also I feel the need to address the smell. I am usually not too picky about smells, and I tend to like the "earthy" scents of Aveda or other Ojon products. But this one is just plain terrible. It smells like dirt. And sometimes I detect a small undertone of something sweet - like they tried to make the dirt smell less offensive. Only it only makes it worse. It really is a nearly nauseating smell that I couldn't wait to wash out of my hair. Yuck.

If you are looking for a smoothing and moisturizing styling cream like I was, a much better option is Paul Mitchell's the Cream. I use the generic from Sallys and love the results. Another cheaper alternative is Garnier Smoothing Milk. Much better product for a much smaller price.

Bottom line: Overpriced gunkiness with a terrible smell. Pass on this one.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2009 12:09:00 AM More reviews by CharismaSL

I really like this product as it is the only thing that tames my hair. I have very fine, straight, long hair and it has numerous issues with flyaways. I've tried using many other products which only made it greasy, oily, and/or crunchy. This doesn't do any of that! It makes my hair soft, smooth and shiny. Awesome! The only problem I have with this product is its smell - i wish it was better as it reeks of mud or something like that. Good thing i only use a pea size. I warm it up in my palms and apply it on damp hair, only at the ends (it may get too rich/greasy for the roots/scalp, so i avoid applying it there). Then I let it air dry. In addition to the downfall of the smell of the product, it is also quite pricey at $35 Cdn (before taxes). EDIT: Returned it because I couldn't stand the smell of this product. I don't want my hair smelling bad.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2008 4:33:00 PM More reviews by chb555

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I personally love this product. I have thick hair that gets very full after blow drying it. This helps with shine and style. It is just important to not use too much of it. I will be buying my 2nd bottle today.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/20/2008 9:20:00 PM More reviews by its4kix

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had such high hopes for this product, but it's HORRIBLE! And the smell is AWFUL! Ugh! I would have forgiven the smell if only the product made up for it in spectacular performance. I did everything the instructions said to do, and still my hair ended up dry and frizzy, and not to mention - stinky! Thankfully I only received a small sample sized product, so I don't feel bad for throwing this in the garbage where it belongs.