October 24, 2014 | 1846 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - Stashette Holiday 2005- Olive

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2006 2:23:00 AM More reviews by silvershimmer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am very happy with this brush set because it contains brushes that I don't have in my collection. It's also a pretty good deal for only $60. Too bad it's limited edition. I don't store the brushes in the brush bag because the bag squashes the bristles a little bit. I use the bag as a makeup bag in my purse and I've received many compliments on how cute it is although I would have preferred a magnetic snap closure instead of the regular grommet closure. I'm afraid it might rip the fabric some day! All the brushes are of great quality and I use them regularly with the exception of the conture brush. I haven't really figured that one out yet. My favourite brush is the foundation brush which works with both powder and liquid foundation to give a smooth finish.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2005 1:39:00 AM More reviews by gracerose

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

These are good brushes, not quite as good as the full-size of course. I especially like the foundation brush and find it comparable to my smashbox one which is my all-time favourite. The bag is beautiful but really not that well made - have to really push and pull to snap it shut or open it. One day, I can just see the silver snap on the fabric part of the bag ripping right through the material. Plus, only one of the elastic holders fits the foundation and blush brushes, the other one is too small and I have to really force the blush brush through the elastic to get it in, too much trouble in my opinion.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2005 4:05:00 AM More reviews by Auryane

I would buy this product again, but only to keep the really nice bag and for the foundation and concealer brushes. (190, 194). I sold off all the others. The quality simply isn't up to par--I've had better brush sets from department store brands (try Sonia Kashuk). I've heard that full-sized MAC brushes are worth their hefty price tag...I'd rather save my money for those, rather than spend on sub-par tools. The foundation and concealer brush ARE pretty nice--not fantastic, but they work well enough for me to keep them.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2005 11:25:00 AM More reviews by MerelyGod

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm so glad MAC did a brush set with different brushes this year, and in my favorite color of the three! I don't know why I am such a sucker for travel brush sets, but the little stashette bags are so cute that I just had to get one. I think the brushes are awesome quality for the price, which is a little over $7.50 per brush. I'm not so into makeup that I need every brush to be a high quality full-size version, so sets like this are a perfect way for me to try things out. Then if I decide I really like a brush, I can always upgrade to a better one. I haven't used any of the brushes yet, but the quality seems to be on par with other MAC travel brush sets (not as good as the individual brushes, but for the price, who cares?).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2005 3:48:00 PM More reviews by fabmac1

The main reason i bought this set was because of the Foundation Brush. I heard such good review on it, but could never fork over $38 for one brush. When i was passing by the local MAC store i noticed that they had this brush as part of a holiday set, so i bought it (5 brushes including a beautiful bag for $60). I tried using the brush the next day with my liquid foundation and was totally AMAZED as to how beautiful and flawless my complexion looked!! i tried it on half my face to compare and there was a noticeable difference!! this brush is a GOD SEND and i can't wait to try the other brushes in the set!!. One complaint is that altho the foundation rinses off easily (when washed right away), the brush takes FOREVER to dry!!.. oh well i am willing to sacrifice =)!! love this set!! and the packaging is GORGEOUS!!!