August 1, 2014 | 1757 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Zeno

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2013 10:18:00 AM More reviews by mooshrimp

Here's how you make a Zeno that's mess free, fast, and doesn't feel like a DIY hack. Buy a dimmer switch, like this:
Then buy a "Darice accessory cord" like this:

Total cost under $10, requires no waiting and unlike the spoon method, it stays hot and the heat is there very quickly. It's a lot less messy. When you're done just take a cloth with some toner on it and give the bulb a quick wipe down.

To use, just turn on the bulb, let it heat up, then dim it to a temperature that doesn't hurt, and hold it on your bumps. I have never used this on cystic acne because that is not how I tend to get acne, but I break out thanks to a medication I'm on and this works amazingly well on all of it, from the little annoying bumps to the huge painful lurkers for all your Georgia Nicholson fans. The catch (there's always a catch isn't there) is that you have to catch it early for it to go away fast. If you wait for it to be a huge inflamed zit, your healing time is going to take longer. If you catch it while it's just a little bump or a painful spot with no swelling, you can usually prevent it from coming to a head at all. Last night I had a bunch of little bumps threatening to erupt and treated them with the bulb for a few minutes, this morning the bumps are probably 90% gone.

Since the heat is working by softening the oil up, it's a great way to unclog your pores. After you've treated a bump, make note of where it is. Then the next day, treat the area again and dab a clay mask over the area, like a little spot treatment.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2012 9:26:00 AM More reviews by Beautyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I purchased this around the time it first came out which just happened to be the time that I was trying everything in my power to get rid of my acne that wouldn't go away. I was iffy about spending the $150 for it because I didn't know if it would work but I was desperate so I did. I was immediately angry that I had spent the money. It did absolutely nothing for any pimples I had not to mention that you have to sit there & hold it on to each pimple for like 3 minutes. Who the hell has time to sit there & do that? Even as badly as I wanted to get rid of my pimples, I could not sit there & do that for each one. I think this product was a complete scam for people who were desperate and just wanted to believe this was the "next best thing" that would work. At least when I spent the $150 on my Clarisonic it actually worked & was worth the money! This on the other hand, was not.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/30/2011 8:21:00 PM More reviews by lynnmats

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I hoped this product would really help my adult acne. It did seem to speed up the process of eruption and healing on some of my deeper cyst-like acne bumps, but overall...it's time consuming to stand there with the head in contact with the acne spot for the 2.5 minutes for so little in the way of results. I got this before it really became available in drug stores. I was glad when the replacement heads became more readily available, but I rarely use it because it's only good for certain types of pimples.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/6/2011 9:10:00 AM More reviews by tightkitty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Grey

This gadget is ultimately nothing more than a glorified heating compress. This did nothing but make my painful pimples feel better but did not help them go away at all.

This product is SO not worth the money, if you take the time to do the research. Apparently, the active aspect of the product is the heat. It says that the heated plate warms up the zit, which softens the skin to open up pores, allowing the skin to breathe and self-eliminate any impurities. Think about it... a hot washcloth does the same thing. WITHOUT the possible scarring and burns that some MUAers mentioned below. I tried out my theory, and guess what... a hot washcloth, used RIGHT when you detect the zit, does the exact same thing as this $250 tool. Save your money!!!

I returned this and I think this was the last product/item I bought for my acne before going to the derm and getting REAL help!! I got mine at cvs

rated 1 of 5 on 8/15/2011 4:46:00 PM More reviews by Kurohyou

DOES NOT WORK.
I can't believe I wasted so much money on this!
save yoiurself the money and frustration and buy a good spot treatment cream.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2011 7:20:00 PM More reviews by leah2412

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This product is best for deep, painful cystic pimples that never come to a head which I don't get very many of. My pimples are mostly around my chin area when it's that time of the month and they are generally pretty small and end up coming to a head. I have gotten a few cystic pimples lately and zeno has done absolutely nothing to speed up the healing process although it did work wonders on those deep ones at first. Now it doesn't work at all! Since this very expensive device only cleared maybe 4 pimples I don't think it's worth it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2011 3:31:00 AM More reviews by Dimplesgalore

I have the Zino Mini and I bought it on Ebay for a lot less than market price. The Mini may be discontinued, Im not sure.

This works for me. I get the occasional stress pimple(s). I also dont follow the manufactures recomendations of waiting 4-5 hours between treatments. I dont see the point. I do wait at least 30min to an hour to give the heat time to work. (I am not a medical professional, I do not recomend people stray from the directions printed on the box) I have found this to work best for my skin and my acne situation.

If I catch the pimple in an early enough stage this little device can turn back time. I'll zap it a few times, 2x min 3-4 prefered, and in a few hours/half a day it will be but a memory. If I dont catch it that early and it has time to develop the ZMini will help shorten its life dramaticaly. It does this by bringing the blemishes to a head letting my skin expell all the gunk.

It is not a fool proof device. It does not work 100% 100% of the time. There have been some monster stress related zits that even God himself could not help that my ZMini had almost no effect on. I still like the portability and ease of use. It is not the cheapest acne product out there but it works for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/30/2011 11:27:00 PM More reviews by Koumiko

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I had the Zeno MINI, and assuming that since both have the same mechanism of fighting pimples, I might as well review on this product. I found that this works less than 50% of the time on any pimple break outs. Not impressed for the hype it was given. I'm glad I got it for free since I had bonus points saved up on my Optimum Card (Shoppers Drug Mart), or else I'd probably be more upset.

Pros:
- clears away some pimples, (the non hormonal ones - if you can even tell the difference :S)
- portability - (only for Zeno Mini, since it uses AAA batteries)

Cons:
- the other pimples it does not clear seem to scar from the heat. I actually tested it out, that if I used the Zeno, it darkens the pimple, and my skin underneath it. I only get scarred if I actually pop it, but the ones I tested out on weren't popped at all, yet left the same mark that took even longer to go away.
- lasts only a couple treatments before needing to replace the batteries :(

Overall, my skin did not improve from using this product. Never buying it again, even if the original Zeno is on clearout from $150 to $30

rated 2 of 5 on 1/22/2011 2:31:00 AM More reviews by betteefelon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Oh, Zeno. How I wanted you to be everything you claimed to be. But I have never felt like you actually got rid of any zit I had.

What Zeno did do, for what it's worth, is bring down the swelling for a while after each use. When you have a red, inflamed bump on your face and it hurts, you appreciate this. After use, the spot is (temporarily) flatter and hurts less. But the results never seemed to last, and I never felt like the "lifecycle" of the zit was reduced, either. I also sometimes get small circular burn marks on my face where I used it, but I think this is probably because my skin is extra sensitive from other medications.

Ah well. I still use it for the gratification of trying, and also because it reduces the pain/swelling where it is used, albeit temporarily. But can't in good faith tell anyone to get one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2011 10:43:00 PM More reviews by AlyssaJD

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Read the review before mine. Is is 100% accurate. If you dont wanna read all that, then ill just make this short. This is a PIMPLE treatment. NOT an acne treatment. Dosnt work on white heads, blackheads, or red zits. You use it when one of the more medium sizes are JUST STARTING TO come in under the skin. Everyone knows putting heat on a zit makes it go down put this puts CONSISTANT, TEMPERATURE CONTROLLED, HEAT directly to the spot is much more effective. You will notice right after, the zit is flat. By the next day it comes back, but half or less of the size it was before the treatment. Your zit is gone within a few days depending on the "characteristics" of the zit and at WHAT point you did the treatment. The earlier the better.

I havnt read the reviews but i bought the mini and hot spot and toke them both back. The classic one was on sale for 60$ so i bought it. Works better.

I dont know how this could get bad reviews. I mean it works. It really and honestly works if you know when and how to use it. Is it worth the full price? Depends on how much zits bother you.

This is a product for people with the odd five-ten zits. Not fifty.

Hope this helps someone!