October 20, 2014 | 1541 users online

Cleansers - Garnier - Fresh Cleansing Gel

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2012 3:06:00 AM More reviews by SimplePleasures

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really liked this stuff at first. Great inverted bottle, flip-top packaging, fresh, fruity smell, and a deep clean feeling. It foamed up nice, removed all my make-up, rinsed off easy, and left my skin smooth-feeling. But, like others have mentioned, this dried out my skin with continued use. I have developed dry patches and even some redness that wasn't there before, even though I only use this once a day, at night. (I NEVER get dry spots.) It also leaves a very dry "tight" feeling after cleansing that has me desperately grasping for the moisturizer. Not good.
I have also discovered that Garnier is involved in animal testing and I won't be using any more of their products. But even if they were cruelty-free, I still wouldn't repurchase this on its own merits.
It's rare that I give up on a product without finishing it, but I need to start getting my skin back to normal. I am going to use what's left (which is lots) to clean my makeup brushes as another reviewer suggested. And if I have any left when summer comes around and my skin is more oily, I may give it another go. But I'd recommend you pass on this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/18/2011 6:03:00 PM More reviews by greenday

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is really good cleanser. It does cleans everything without drying my skin. I recomend it

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2011 7:12:00 AM More reviews by charlie_leone

too drying just like Moisture Renew, i don't like it !

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2011 12:43:00 PM More reviews by PandaMonsterKate

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my go-to cleanser. The gel works wonders on my oily spots and shrinks my pores, but doesn't dry out or irritate my sensitive skin. I find it's great for removing traces of my everyday cosmetics like concealer and mascara, but I'd definitely use a makeup remover first for heavier makeup. It's usually on sale at the drugstore for only $5, which makes my wallet very happy. Bonus, I love the fresh, fruity smell.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2011 9:30:00 AM More reviews by SpendsTooMuch

My skin becomes dry really easily from cleansing even though I have oily, acne prone skin, but I have to cleanse thoroughly since i wear makeup. This cleanser is probably as good as it will get for me: it can be gentle (if I use it only at night) and actually removes my makeup. I also like the light, fresh scent. It also doesn't leave any residue which is a must for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2010 10:02:00 PM More reviews by ukyo1

I bought this because of the nice smell and it works great! I use it everyday to clean my face, even when it doesn't remove make up very well it makes my face feel so fresh and clean; however to achieve better results I still exfoliate my skin 3 times a week. I recommend this for a nice everyday cleanser, is cheap and I have no complains with the bottle.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/4/2010 8:46:00 AM More reviews by asunta

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used to use this garnier cleanser and toner years ago, and i liked it, but i like to alternate with cleansers so i stopped using it. last night i went out looking for a new cleanser, something inexpensive and i saw this again. Well i picked it up along with the toner and i remembered why i loved it so much. First of all, the fresh scent ahhhh.... this is not a makeup remover, you need to precleanse, then you only need a drop of the cleanser to remove all the residue and the toner is so gentle without any alcohol. I usually use witch hazel as a toner and i wanted to see how my skin would react if i stopped using it. So far i like it, but i hope it doesnt leave dry patches on my skin the way other reviewers have commented. What is werid is the places it would leave the dry patches are usually places that would normally be dryer so its best to use a good moisturizer maybe with a drop of jojoba to combat this issue. I will update as the weeks go by. Happy shopping ladies!

EDIT: oh yes ladies you were all right!! dry patches around my mouth exactly like you said! Back it goes. However i dont remember this happening to me years ago.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2010 6:52:00 PM More reviews by Alysha1413

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I have been using this product for about a week. It doesn't dry out my skin.
It's not really good to remove makeup.

Shan I remove my makeup a put olive oil on my skin the wash it off then use my cleanser. My skin does not get dry this way.
You can buy this produtlct under $10. I will update.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2009 1:12:00 AM More reviews by cosfomula

The best cleanser that I have found thus far. Love the scent. Love how it removes my makeup thoroughly and make my face feels super clean.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2009 10:45:00 PM More reviews by MakeupAddictLa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I just finished my second tube of this today. I wash my face three to four times a day since I get oily around my T zone. I find this excellent for that purpose since it is very fresh but not drying. It cleans pretty well and leaves my skin feeling fresh. When I need deep cleaning at night, I use another cleanser this is only for daytime quick wash. I love the scent it gives. Everything about this cleanser is just so refreshing, I love it.

This is not a makeup removing cleanser it only says that it "removes traces of makeup" so I use this after removing my makeup. The only thing I really dislike about this product is the packaging. Product always flow into the cap since it faces down and when i use it, it always give me too much product and the excess on the cap just end up getting wasted. I really hate the packaging so I just put it into one of those pump bottles so it's easier to use.

This is reasonably prices and goes on sale very often for 5.99 CAD which is excellent when I want to stock up. This is a great fresh cleanser for summer time when you need to clean your face multiple times a day but probably not that good for the winter since it can dry your skin up.

Overall a great product if you are looking for something just refreshing. I recommend having another deep cleaning cleanser and makeup removing cleanser thought. When I only had this as my cleanser, I sometimes feel like it didnt clean deep enough for me.

UPDATE: I just went to buy another one of this cleanser. THEY CHANGED THE PACKAGING! The replaced that incontinent cap for a better one. Definitely so much better now. Now I really have NOTHING to complain about this product.