July 29, 2014 | 984 users online

Lip Gloss - Philosophy - Cinnamon Buns Lip Shine

rated 2 of 5 on 8/31/2012 11:11:00 PM More reviews by armygirl

Let me start off by saying that I am a huge fan of the Cinnamon Buns 3-in-1, which is why I purchased the matching lip shine. This smells nothing like the Cinnamon Buns 3-in-1. In fact, I don't think it smells remotely like cinnamon buns, but instead like a mix of petroleum jelly and pure cinnamon. The only thing that this lip shine has in common with a cinnamon bun is that it is very, very, disgustingly sticky. I wouldn't purchase again.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/6/2012 6:55:00 PM More reviews by EscalatorKid

I received this as a gift for Christmas, otherwise, due to the high price, I probably wouldn't have purchased it for myself.

This product smells nice and it looks nice.

It is thicker and goopy, so you have to be careful applying it, otherwise you'll have slick, messy lips.

It smells nice, like I said, but the taste is... blah. I know, you're not eating lip gloss, but the general taste is more like vaseline than cinnamon bun.

I like the thickness of the gloss, but I think that the CO Bigelow and other Bath and Body Works products have a much better taste for a similar (or in some cases LOWER) price...

rated 3 of 5 on 3/20/2012 9:32:00 PM More reviews by H3LL00

A really good gloss, just not the best. i used this for the first time, it smelled amzing. Exactly like cinnamon buns, i dont think any other cinnamon bun flavored gloss has gotten this far..enyways, it has the smooth - yet- kinda sticky lipgloss feel..lasts and last, just the scent is too "warm" for summer and i cant stank wearing this. I prefer the Coconut Frosting one to this. Also, the packaging sucks. its pretty, but just to let ya know, it rips/tears really easy. 2 of these have just exploded on me.:[
Overall, a decent gloss, but not a rave.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2012 1:43:00 AM More reviews by Lisatoxic

My go to lipgloss! My friends love to use it because it smells so yummy!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2012 6:52:00 AM More reviews by dictatorprincess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I got this on a fluke with an Ulta coupon because I like the sticky textures of these glosses (also have Vanilla cake).

In the tube, cinnamon buns is an unassuming milky light beige with gold glitter.

Lo and Behold, it turns up MLBB on me despite having no real pigment or color to speak of. Maybe the glitter reflects the light, I don't know, but I do know that I looks darn good on me and I love it. The Vanilla Cake actually looks less pigmented on my lips despite being darker.

If don't like sticky, tacky glosses, stay away from this line. I happen to like the stickiness because I find it helps the staying power.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2011 10:43:00 PM More reviews by debbrumb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Have had this for months and love it!! Have the shower gel too but the shower gel doesn't smell as strong. Its not tacky and def good in the winter!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2010 11:51:00 AM More reviews by divadenah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm on my 3rd one of this. I lovvvvve this thing! It is yellow toned with gold sparkles in it. It smells soo good and taste good, which is good when Im ready to kiss. Its very shiny as well as moisturizing, I dont get what the bad reviews are about. I see most women here Mac dazzleglass,.Glosses are either too sticky, too shiny, too this, too that. You just can't please women now days, I love this stufff! And will continue to buy it! Now ready to get rainbow sorbet!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2010 1:54:00 PM More reviews by rydellpink

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I love it! I think it smells great and feels great on. I will buy this again!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2010 9:01:00 PM More reviews by DodgerDasher

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I loooove this. It smells strongly of cinnamon at first, then mellows down into a yummy vanilla icing scent. It's very realistic. The texture is thick and sticky which I don't mind. It's very glossy and shiny, a little goes a long way. I wish that the staying power was better though. And the gloss tends to ooze out fast. But for $10 this isn't a bad buy. I'm sure I'll try other flavors.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2010 1:45:00 AM More reviews by xxanaisxx

I didn't like the taste at all when I first got it, all I could taste was the cinnamon, but no sweetness (I was expecting a sweet cinnamon bun flavor, especially after smelling the 3-in-1). Which was a shame, because as a gloss it is great - a sheer, shimmery gloss with flecks of gold (fortunately, I haven't experienced any of the white lines like other reviewers - although I found you only need to apply a tiny amount, as it goes a long way, and if you use too much, the gloss will turn opaque and whitish all over your lips). The smell/taste has grown on me, and I've been using it every day lately. I ummed and ahhed over whether I would buy it again if I ran out though (the tubes do last a long time), and although there are other Philosophy lip glosses that I prefer to this one, I think yes I would buy again.