Alima Satin Matte Mineral Foundation

Not tested on animals

INGREDIENTS: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Zinc Oxide (CI 77947) Mica (CI 77019). May contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I've been using this for almost three years now and it works fantastic for oily/acne prone skin! As a college student, I used to sleep in my foundation a lot. After doing this too much, I had the worst breakout I've had in my entire life. I decided to start looking for more natural foundation alternatives so I wouldn't exacerbate my acne and I came across Alima Pure. I pretty much haven't used anything since.

Color Selection: I love that this foundation has multiple undertones- I ordered a few samples before ordering a full size and they send almost 4-5 application's worth, which also let me decide whether I liked the product or now. Warm 3 works basically perfectly with my skin, but Beige 3 also works pretty well. Warm 4 is my summertime color.

Coverage: I use this with an Ecotools Retractable Kabuki Brush and the coverage is medium to full. I've had a difficult time getting a "light" coverage with this.

Lasting power: This lasted the longest out of all of my foundations. I used to be too harsh to my oily skin (which made me even more oily) and this would last until the afternoon, turning more "dewy" by the end of the day. After I focused my attention on skincare and my skin became more balanced, this lasts pretty much all day now. This definitely works better with primer though - I use BareMinerals PrimeTime in Light.

Other: This never broke me out (even when I went to sleep with it) and while using this foundation, my skin was much clearer than it had ever been. The foundation is also rated on EWG Skindeep as safe for you skin, so I feel good about putting it on my face.

Downsides: It takes a bit longer to apply and can get a bit messy, especially if the brush doesn't pick up all of the product. For this reason, I usually use a pressed powder for more "daily" use instead to save a bit more time in my morning routine. However, I always go back to this if I need heavier coverage.

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Firstly, this packaging is lovely. Very modern. I like following how the company has grown as a brand. My issue is the coverage- I thought it would be much more substantial since zinc oxide and titanium are supposed to help with coverage & SPF. The good news: beautiful packaging with a bit of a pricetag, but I have gotten used to these prices with other mineral makeup lines & organic companies. The downside is the price for the lack of coverage despite having the ingredients that are supposed to aid in coverage.

I bought 4 samples first, W3 is my perfect match so I ordered the full size when they had a 20% sale. The coverage and texture are perfect for my skin, I use an ecotools kabuki to apply and buff. I don't use a ''primer" so this only lasts about 3-4 hours max on me, that's the only draw back. My skin looks amazing and get compliments from coworkers but at the end of the day the stuff is gone. I mostly use it on my non-make up days and will keep repurchasing since it does not break me out and does cover blemishes with out further irritation and does not clog my pores.

Just no. Most mineral foundations work well for me, but my dry skin did not like this at all. It somehow highlighted my pores (which are very small) and made me look worse than before applying it. Was disappointed because I'm trying to use more natural products.

Like most mineral make-up, this gave me a strange silver glow. Too bad, because it does have good coverage (i have mild rosasea). I tried several shades, all with same effect.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I've tried a few mineral foundations, and this formula is by far my favorite in finish. It's not matte or satin but somewhere RIGHT in between in my opinion, which makes it look very natural. It doesn't irritate my skin, clog my pores or require special care cleansing it off, but stays put until you remove it.

For reference, my skin type is combination and sensitive (I react to a lot of base makeup badly or break out). I have had no issues with this in "Neutral 1" though.

My skin tone is pale (about NW15 but leans neutral) and I tend to redness, so the color is absolutely perfect on me to even tone. The coverage depends on the brush, but I find with a denser brush it is moderate though build-able. It looks very close to actual skin, especially when finished off with a setting spray.

I also like the sifter jar (which you can "twist" to close)--it makes application a lot less messy than other jars I have tried in the past.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This is a great natural powder. I ordered samples first to make sure I bought the right shade and found one quickly. The Neutral 3 is perfect for my pale skin without being too blue or pink. The coverage is light so I use it on my Tzone only since it remains clear. My cheeks need a little more coverage.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

i was so wonderfully surprised with this powder. iblieve this is the first product ive ever purchased thans to MUA reviews! this has such glowing reviews and i can see why.

i bought a lot of mini samples online for $1 each and they sent me more than enough to play around with. i ended up buying a full sized of neutral 3 & 4 and mixing them when i need.

on too the actual product, i really love this stuff. im sure youve read many other people who've claimed to be foundation junies but that was literally me. ive tried and owned countless foundations trying to find one that would suit my skin. i honestly believe its because i was insecure about my skin so i was about ready to give up. that, and almost every foundation i tried would break me out! so even if i found a foundation that looked and layed great on my skin, it would break me out.. which brought me to the realization, my skin will not tolerate silicones of any kind.. and theyre in practically every foundation on the market today :/ and that brought me to this beautiful powder.

i searched online for foundations with the simplest ingredients and here i am!

not only does this not have silicones, but it literally has nothing thst isnt needed. no fillers or other junk. ok so theres that checked of the list... but does it look on the skin? does it blend seamlessly and stay all day? is the coverage buildable? YES!!!!!

it lays beautifully on my skin (even with my acne scars and large pores) and the coverage is great. i generally only need one all over dusting with a fluffy brush.then go back in with a concealer brush and build up coverage with the same powder! i dont even use concealers any more. this stuff wors just as great under my eyes with very tiny minimal creasing. there is no "fine, micro shimmer" to be found and is completely matte.

it last all day and my oil starts to brea through after about 5 hours. which is awesome because to say im oily is an understatement. the powder is a natural sunscreen and its just a little too early to see if it clogs my pores but so far so good!

the price is decent given how overpriced many foundations have become these days. i payed $30 with shipping.

i love this and will always have a jar!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Firstly, I brought Neutral 1, Cool 1 and Cool 2 in sample sizes (Yes, that's the great thing you can order sample sized pots!) so this is a review based on the sample sizes I got.
I have quite dry, sensitive skin and this foundation works beautifully with my skin! It looks luminous and doesn't cake at all on my dry patches, however this foundation is very sheer so if you have problem skin this may need more work to cover those imperfections. A little goes a long way with this, the sample sizes have lasted me around two months so far and I haven't broken out or gotten a rash from them. I found Neutral 1 was perfect for my skin (I'm incredibly pale with cool undertones) and their website was so easy to use. Shipping costs me $9 to the UK which isn't too bad, my order came to £11.70 that was for the three sample foundations, sample powder and a sample powder primer/colour corrector (which also works!). I applied with downward strokes with my buffing brush which didn't flake up my skin and applied it evenly, it really does make your skin look amazing!
I highly recommend this brand to anyone with sensitive skin as i've had no reactions at all to it and with most foundations I tend to develop a bad rash, it is also un-perfumed.
The only problem I have with this foundation is that the sample sizes are so messy to use! However, it really isn't that much of a problem in the scheme of things.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is THE ONLY foundation that does not break me out. Seriously. I've tried them all. Liquid, mineral, tinted moisturizer, BB Cream, whatever. I recently tried to switch back to a different mineral makeup and my skin broke out like crazy.

Yes, it's expensive but the ingredients they use are not crap, which means your skin won't break out. It's worth the extra money to have clear skin for once in my life.

My only complaint is that I live like 5 miles from their shipping facility and shipping is $6. I wish they'd adjust shipping rates based on location or that they sold more colors locally so that I could just go pick it up! I'm an Olive 0 and I can't find it anywhere in stores.