July 24, 2014 | 1795 users online

Eye Shadow - Lancome - Color Design

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2014 8:17:00 PM More reviews by Barbara18

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I've had this eyeshadow in a lovely gold shade for ages. I think it is the only eyeshadow ever where I have used almost the whole palette.

It is highly pigmented and can be applied with a light hand for day, or a heavy hand for a glistening evening look.

I apply using a eyeshadow brush, and although it can sprinkle a little more widely than intended, I'm now well- practiced using it, so not an issue for me.

I can't remember what I paid for it, but its been worth every penny spent.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2013 12:50:00 PM More reviews by whocareswhoiam

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My favorite color is ALL THAT GLISTENS. This is a light color with subtle shimmer that can be built up for a more intense look. The formula is smooth and glides on effortlessly for an even application. The shimmer is subtle and should work for anyone of any age. This particular color is blendable and can be applied on top other matte shades (light, taupe, browns) for a sparkle effect. ALL THAT GLISTENS on its own is my favorite way to apply, I use a black liner. Long Lasting up to eight hours for me. My lids tend to have uneven skin tone, I find this color evens out the lid quite nicely. I sometimes add a darker Color Design brown in the crease and corners and line under eye. Really nice.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2013 12:01:00 AM More reviews by Isabellaqi

Amazing! I tried it on at Nordstrom's with a beauty consultant. I have light asian/chinese skin and it was amazing!! I had been searching for a color just like this with a little tint of pink!!! It brought my eyes out especially with the definicils mascara!!! And the hydrating lip balm rouge in love #120 and rose romantique blush and bronzer metalique. It was an amazing combination and i absolutely loved it because I dont wear makeup a lot and it was all put on in five minutes :D

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2013 10:56:00 AM More reviews by Dannigiirl

Lancôme eyeshadow is by far one of my favorite shadows on the market! Even though its a solid (dry) shadow, it had a nice creamy feel. (Dry, soft creamy texture...not actually wet!) A little goes a long way and I love how it adheres to the brush perfectly. It doesn't fall off or just not stick. It spreads evenly and the color is so vivid, what you see is what you get. No mind games. They have a wonderful color selection, although I would prefer a bit more in between colors. Shimmery, glittery and matte! Gotta love a selection.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/18/2013 8:49:00 PM More reviews by Marivale

Tengo una paleta de muestra, que incluye 7 sombras: Drape, honeymoon, Impress, Statuesque, floralesque, Icy y the new blue.
Algunas son MUY duras, cuesta mucho que quede algo del color impreso en el ojo, además son sueltas y caen sobre el pómulo, manchándolo. Sé que suena raro que sean duras y sueltas a la vez, pero es así como son.
El gris (the new blue) es un color lindo pero mancha mucho y cuesta que quede fijo en el ojo, el negro es mejor (statuesque), aunque es duro también, pero pigmenta bastante bien. El negro también se suelta y cae en la mejilla, lo que mancha bastante, es un color casi carbón.
El resto son: un rosa metálico (impress) que pasa desapercibido por lo duro que es y el poco color que deja, un crema agrisado (icy) que pigmenta bien pero el color no es muy usable, un blanco perlado (drape), un color piel también bastante duro (honeymoon) y el mas lindo es el floralesque: un marrón cobrizo con shimmer, que es el que mejor pigmenta.
En síntesis: no vale la pena.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2013 3:34:00 PM More reviews by FaceofMaleah

I have tried to love the Color Design shadows for so long but I think they're just horrible. Since I am an avid user of Lancome cosmetics, I always get their seasonal gifts and they include a little palette in each of the gifts so I own more of these than I can count on both hands. The shadows always come in beautiful packaging and look so gorgeous in the palettes. The colours are really unique which makes me so excited every time I go to try them but it never stops me from trying them again but they NEVER swatch like they look in the palettes at all. I use them with primer potion and they never show up the same. You need to dip your brush in the shadows multiple times to get any kind of real color payoff. Even with primer these shadows don't last or look pretty which is really disappointing. I prefer shadows by Maybelline. Really awful products, do not recomment.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/11/2013 11:59:00 PM More reviews by Megzmuse

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This sucks! I was all excited when I finally splurged on Lancome eyeshadow, thinking it would be the best of the best because of the price. I was sorely disappointed. It is better then Wet and wild, but not by much.

This eyeshadow is smudgy, it does not go on very smoothly and requires a heavy hand to blend, When applied with brushes the "Chic Mademoiselle" Colour pallet barely shows at all, the pigments are good, but do not show up nearly as much as I would hope from such an expensive product. In order to get the full effect, one must use an eyeshadow applicator instead of brushes and blend after application. Haven't tried wet, like the colours in this pallet, but overall underwhelmed by this purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2012 4:55:00 PM More reviews by BlueTutu

I have this in no 121 Classy Stiletto which has a lustrous finish. In the pan this looks like a shimmery pink shade. When swatched you can see it has more depth to it and has a taupe undertone to it. I have several other eyeshadows that look similar in the pan but swatch as pure pink. This is so much nicer and it is very soft and east to work with.
I would describe it as a satin finish with a medium amount of shimmer. It looks more glowy than shimmery on the eyelid. I have experienced no fallout during application or weartime.
The sliding package is not the sturdiest in the world but very easy to open,has a see through panel and does click shut. I've had mine 4 months now and it hasnt broken yet. Very impressed with this eyeshadow.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2012 11:10:00 AM More reviews by pixelmignon

I've been using this eye shadow for some years now. I've tried others but always go back to this one. I use "it list" which is a matte black and "The new Black" black with sparkles. The pigments are rich and blend well. With other eye shadows I can never achieve a true smoky eye. These ones are just perfect!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2012 5:02:00 PM More reviews by KseniyaLed

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I absolutely love these shadows! They are extremely pigmented, last a long time and don't irritate my eyes! I love them!