October 20, 2014 | 1969 users online

Lipstick - Bonne Bell - Cool Shine Lipstick

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2010 2:59:00 AM More reviews by iramasson

I have this in 100% coffee. It is one of those lipsticks I don't use very often, but when I do use it I wonder why I hadn't used it for so long LOL
It is discontinued and I bought it on sale for very cheap. It has a huge amount of product for a lipstick!!! I have never seen a lipstick go that high!!!

The shade is brown but it can still be classified as nude. It smells like coffee and tingles on application. It is not that shiny and doesn't contain any shimmer. The wear is good enough - nothing worse than other lipsticks I own. It also covers very well.

I think its a great lipstick for the price! Get it if you can get hold of one!!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2005 12:04:00 AM More reviews by tooextreme4you

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have this in Iced Latte. I like the smell of it and even better, it has a great taste, which is hard to find in a lipstick. I like the tingly feeling of it as well. I'm sad that it's been discontinued, but I have a lot of this left.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/7/2004 7:42:00 PM More reviews by electrik_aurora

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have the mocha coloured one, which is a warm, brownish shade that doesn't look too good on me. I've actually begun applying it on my eyelids in a really thin layer, which looks better than it ever did on my lips. It shades my eyes quite nicely, but I won't be buying this again, which probably won't be much of a problem anyway, since it appears to be discontinued.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2004 2:08:00 PM More reviews by eyeheartyou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i had this in pure vanilla (i gave it to my sister). the color was nice it was darker than the color of my lips but still looked natural. the smell however was disgusting. it made me sick. i couldn't get past the smell.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2004 9:53:00 PM More reviews by amigreatorwhat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i pwn two of these in pure vanilla and cotton candy. i like them because they're just funt o wear, easy, good application, scent and smell is ok, good colours and they're innexpensive. pure vanilla is like a mauve-brown and cotton candy is bright pink. i refer to that one as my "elle woods-barbie lipstick" lol

rated 4 of 5 on 12/21/2003 4:11:00 PM More reviews by pinknglitter

I have a mocha one.I personally like the color on my lips,it's kind of a honeyish meets J.Lo nude color with shimmer.I think it's a good lipstick,but not a favorite of mine.Doesn't exactly last too long either.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2003 9:36:00 PM More reviews by ihatespumoni

I have this in Iced Latte and it makes my lips look kind of "dirty looking." I don't know how to explain it. The colour doesn't glide on evenly and it is a strange shimmery brownish colour. I just tried this without lipliner, I will update if it looks better with lipliner. But just on my naked lips it looks really bad. UPDATE: Used it with lipliner, looks better, but still gritty looking. Smells nice though. Upgraded to a 2 from a 1.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2003 2:28:00 AM More reviews by LittleNesha

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Man, I am so pissed that this stuff got discontinued. Pissed, but used to it since all my favorites get taken off the market. The only thing I didn't like was how the lipstick would tend to break off at the base after I applied it af ew times. I have probably 6 or 7 tubes still, and thank god I still have 2 of Iced Latte left. That was the best color, and I loved the smell, taste, & the way it lasted even though I licked my lips a lot. I found some at Big Lots a month ago, I better check back tomorrow & stock up. Damn, I'm gonna miss this stuff when I run out....

rated 3 of 5 on 9/4/2003 7:24:00 PM More reviews by EmmaPeel2003

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got this in Pure Vanilla. The color is a nice nude brown, but the smell/taste is terrible! Bonne Bell products usually smell great, but this smells like plastic, with only a very faint hint of vanilla. Such a shame, because I was expecting better from them...

rated 2 of 5 on 8/27/2003 7:04:00 PM More reviews by bubbly_soaps

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have Cool Shine in two colours: Pure Vanilla, which I bought, and Mocha Shine, which was a gift. I loved the colour of Pure Vanilla at first, but then the lipstick broke off the base, and now whenever I apply it, I have to be really careful not to smush it against the sides! I have no idea why anyone would think this would smell like vanilla. It's more... waxy plastic than anything. I also found that if I sweep it on for a medium layer of colour, it looks somewhat grey on my yellowish skin tone, so now I just dab it on until I have enough. The colour is still more drab than what I would normally wear, and because this fairly long lipstick will probably last forever (based on how little I use it due to its high maintenance application and unpleasant flavour), I wouldn't buy it again. Mocha Shine is a colour I would definitely never wear on my lips in public. It's a shimmery brownish-pinkish-greyish colour that makes it look like I'm freezing to death. Or died with a lot of sparkles on my lips. However, the scent is yummy, somewhat artificial mocha, but not offensive. I do wear it sometimes as a cream shadow, but because that's not what it's made for, it melts and creases really easily. I wouldn't buy this one, ever. I still keep it around though, in case there's some emergency Halloween party to attend!