December 25, 2014 | 1462 users online

Cleansers - Dior - dior make up remover cleansing oil

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2014 6:20:00 PM More reviews by addkg777

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

im so glad to have discovered this cleansing oil!! in fact contrary to the name, there is no oil in this. i use a pump and a half for my face excluding my eyes and its heavenly! the texture glides so smoothly and then while massaging, it starts to "dry" or turn tacky and then i wipe it all away with a warm wet wash cloth. it cleans so easily and i will always own this. its never irritated my skin. its just a lovely product all the way around. i have not tried to use it to remove eye makeup as i have something else for this.

update: still loving this. definitley a holy grail product! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2013 4:53:00 PM More reviews by InLove87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is an ok cleanser for my dry and sensitive skin. It takes the make up away, but I canīt stand the smell! It smells like grandmothers. The bottle also seems to be oily and dirty all the time, no matter what I do.

All in all, a very basic cleanser. Doesnīt break my skin out, doesnīt dry it. Doesīt remover waterproof make up.

Unfortunately 40 euros for a basic cleanser is just too much.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2013 1:56:00 PM More reviews by Amandaa

I don't understand why this product get bad reviews, it is a great cleanser, especially for those who suffer with oily skin, as i do. I had previously tried the Kose Softymo speedy and this oil was good in removing makeup but caused me so many breakouts that i had to stop using it, i think this happened because it contains mineral oil in the formula...then i started to search for one cleansing oil without mineral oil until I found this one from Dior and i am glad i bought it, is leaves my skin so SOFT, well cleaned and bright.
This product does not irritate my eyes, I can rub my eyes to take the mascara off and I dont end up with irritated eyes. It removes waterproof products very well and easily.
You are supposed to apply this product on a dry face with dry hands and than massage into your skin, do not use a cotton pad to apply it.
You have to rinse it off with warm water to avoid an oil film left on the skin, overall i love it, i will buy it again and again! :D

rated 3 of 5 on 8/25/2012 5:42:00 AM More reviews by taliaseki

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

pros: It takes of all makeup.
cons: It does not rinse off. Make up goes but a layer of oil stays. So i have to wash my face with a foam cleanaser after using it. i have used MAC shisheido and precleanse before and MAC seems to be best in cleaning and rinsing off.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2012 10:48:00 AM More reviews by Danniil

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I love that this is a cleansing "oil" but it's actually water based. From what I've seen every other cleansing oil on the market is actually mineral oil based which is apparently really bad for the skin in the long run.

The only thing I don't like is that it doesn't get rid of all my waterproof makeup-But I just use an eye makeup remover for that beforehand. I'd rather do two steps than use a mineral oil on my skin :) Also, the packaging doesn't have a lid that's easy to travel with so I couldn't bring it overseas with me :(

The price is a little steep, But I'd rather use good quality products on my face and look after my skin. My face is an accessory that will last forever so I don't mind splashing out on this stuff when it works!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2010 1:29:00 PM More reviews by dolce8

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This review is for CD cleansing oil Huile Supreme. The oil is cleansing well and gets rid of even waterproof MU but I would buy it again because there are better oils then this like DHC or Shu uemura.This oil cannot clean my eye make-up,as I cant stand the itching each time,so I guess it is due to the parfum content and I really dont need parfum while cleaning my face.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2008 9:45:00 AM More reviews by tb_macpherson

Not sure if this is the same product as mine says 'purifying cleansing oil - for face and eyes' and was part of a GWP.

I've never used a cleansing oil before but I do love what they do in terms of removing my full face of make up without extra break outs (I still get my monthly spots though). The only issue I have is how my eyes feel a bit dry and itchy afterwards so I'll be looking at other brands. I haven't seen a Dior cleansing oil on its own so not sure if I could buy it again anyway.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2005 9:33:00 AM More reviews by LittleGnome

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've tried DHC cleansing oil and I think this is comparable as far as how well the product works initially. It completely removed all traces of makeup and deep cleaned the pores. I was lucky enough to find a brand new bottle on sale. Unfortunately, I've found that this product really stings my eyes. It's a great M/U remover but I have to avoid the eye area and with an oil product I want something to remove ALL of my makeup. I'll use it up but not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2005 9:32:00 AM More reviews by benjapa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had my chance trying this fantastic cleansing oil by an online deal. With the correct use, it completely removes all my sunscreen and make up. I am using sunkiller sunscreen and it is super hard to remove and usually clogs pores to most of the users as you can find in the sunkiller reviews. I used to have the same breakouts too before using this cleansing oil. I know Shu Uemura and DHC are very famous about their cleansing oil. I got Shu oil in my carbinet and when I finish the Dior one, I will try the Shu one and update the review again.

I would say if I don't like the Shu or it is hard for me to get the Shu, I will repurchase this oil again. I took a point of this oil because it irritates my eyes. I have to be careful of the oil running down into my eyes.