Dior Instant Gentle Cleansing Oil

3.6

Aqua (Water), Butylene Glycol, PEG-20 Glyceryl Triisostearate, Glycerin, Diglycerin, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Polysorbate 20, Pentylene Glycol, PEG-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, PEG-20 Glyceryl Isostearate, PEG-32, Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract, Phenoxyethanol, PEG-8, Parfum (Fragrance) Tetrasodium EDTA, Citric Acid, Sodium Citrate, Tocopherol, BHT.

on 2/16/2015 7:15:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

This product is excellent for me. I've not found anything else yet that I prefer. I have super oily skin & acne. This cleans off every trace of makeup. I notice some say it doesn't do well on removing mascara, but I've had no problem with regular or waterproof mascara. It's important to use it on dry (or they also say damp) skin & use your fingers. After rinsing off, sometimes I will wash my face with facewash or just leave it, as it leaves my skin fresh, cleansed, not greasy, but not dry. I do find it very expensive, but it really cleans the makeup out of my pores like no other cleanser I've used, so I will purchase it again.

on 9/15/2014 3:19:00 PM

I don't understand why this product get bad reviews, it is a great cleanser, especially for those who suffer with oily skin, as i do. I had previously tried the Kose Softymo speedy and this oil was good in removing makeup but caused me so many breakouts that i had to stop using it, i think this happened because it contains mineral oil in the formula...then i started to search for one cleansing oil without mineral oil until I found this one from Dior and i am glad i bought it, is leaves my skin so SOFT, well cleaned and bright.
This product does not irritate my eyes, I can rub my eyes to take the mascara off and I dont end up with irritated eyes. It removes waterproof products very well and easily.
You are supposed to apply this product on a dry face with dry hands and than massage into your skin, do not use a cotton pad to apply it.
You have to rinse it off with warm water to avoid an oil film left on the skin, overall i love it, i will buy it again and again! :D

on 8/31/2014 6:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

im so glad to have discovered this cleansing oil!! in fact contrary to the name, there is no oil in this. i use a pump and a half for my face excluding my eyes and its heavenly! the texture glides so smoothly and then while massaging, it starts to "dry" or turn tacky and then i wipe it all away with a warm wet wash cloth. it cleans so easily and i will always own this. its never irritated my skin. its just a lovely product all the way around. i have not tried to use it to remove eye makeup as i have something else for this.

update: still loving this. definitley a holy grail product! :)

on 1/21/2014 3:33:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

It doesn't feel like a cleansing oil. Doesn't even soften mascara (i dont know if this is a correct word, excuse my English). Sucks.

on 9/21/2013 7:27:00 AM

I had a severe allergic reaction to this product. I have sensitive skin so I am very careful with new products. I received a sample from Sephora and tested it for a month with no problems. So I bought the full size version. Although the oil was a slightly different consistency, I used it Monday night and the next day I woke up with a red, prickly rash on my face and neck, hives, and swollen eye lids. The day after that my lips and tongue started to tingle so I went to the doctor and was diagnosed with a severe allergic reaction. I have never had such a bad reaction before. If the product I sampled had been the same as the product I bought, I wouldn't be writing. It appears that there was a change in the formulation and that a milder or fragrance free version is in the sample so BEWARE sensitive skinned ladies and shame on Dior.

on 9/14/2013 1:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

First thing is I don't believe it has any oil in its composition. Second I use DHC deep cleansing oil regular and I will compare this product to DHC.

Like other cleansing oils this product is applied dry to face and rinsed clean with water. I always follow this(or any oil cleanser) with a fash wash cleanser ( at this time it's Purity/philosophy) This product is thin and does wash off easily. I wish it was a little thicker, like the consistency of coconut or olive oil. Mildly scented therefore not recommended for those with sensitive skin. Scent is pleasant and not overpowering..

Washes/removes makeup well, except for mascara. I have to use an eye makeup remover to get the residual that I find under my lower lash line with this product.

I got to try this as a deluxe free sample, and bottom line it's ok, but I would not replace my usual oil cleanser with Dior's product.

on 8/5/2013 7:53:00 PM

My skin: oily/dehydrated, sensitive, very clog-prone

This is a decent makeup remover. I'm not sure if it's a true oil cleanser though; it has a different feel from any oil cleanser I've ever used... this one isn't "oily", and if I'm not mistaken, it doesn't contain any oil. After massaging it into the skin for half a minute or so, it starts to lose it's slip and dries down. Unlike a true oil cleanser, it doesn't seem to break down makeup quickly, especially waterproof mascara, until adding water to emulsify and then *almost* everything melts/rinses right off. If you use a lot of heavy or waterproof eye makeup this may not remove all of it. I've been using 2-3 pumps, sometimes 4 depending on how much sunscreen and makeup I'm wearing, nightly for about 3 months with half a bottle remaining. The price isn't too bad (6.7 oz for $36). It removes my makeup and sunscreen and doesn't break me out. However, it's fragranced and burns my eyes. I'll finish up my bottle, but I don't think I'll repurchase because it simply doesn't wow me. It's just "ok." UPDATE: 2/15/13- Alright, so I've repurchased this "oil" cleanser because after trying a few others, this is the only one my skin doesn't react negatively to... no breakouts, no clogs, no irritation bumps. It's not my favorite, but it works.

on 4/2/2013 4:53:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This is an ok cleanser for my dry and sensitive skin. It takes the make up away, but I canīt stand the smell! It smells like grandmothers. The bottle also seems to be oily and dirty all the time, no matter what I do.

All in all, a very basic cleanser. Doesnīt break my skin out, doesnīt dry it. Doesīt remover waterproof make up.

Unfortunately 40 euros for a basic cleanser is just too much.

on 3/19/2013 1:56:00 PM

on 8/25/2012 5:42:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

pros: It takes of all makeup.
cons: It does not rinse off. Make up goes but a layer of oil stays. So i have to wash my face with a foam cleanaser after using it. i have used MAC shisheido and precleanse before and MAC seems to be best in cleaning and rinsing off.