September 30, 2014 | 1138 users online

Eyeliner - Stila - Kajal Eye liner Pearl

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2013 5:30:00 PM More reviews by alina08

I was expecting more of a shimmer from this white eyeliner, but instead it is opaque white. It is impossible to wear alone (because it looks like just a white line on your eyelid), so I always pair it with black liquid liner for a stark contrast. I agree with the other readers that it has a tendency to migrate/rub off, but I only reapply it once during the day and then it is fine until nighttime. The price is a bit much for a product that you cannot use by itself so I will not be repurchasing.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2012 1:49:00 PM More reviews by cherylf

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have to agree with many of the reviewers - this liner is SUPER white. A bit unnatural on the waterline, and the staying power isn't great, but it does have a very creamy texture.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2012 5:16:00 PM More reviews by TiaDGB

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

Probably one of the worst white eyeliners that I have ever used. The reasons are as follows:

-The only reason 99.9% of women buy white eyeliner is for use on the waterline. The trouble with this liner is that it's WAY too bright and obvious on the waterline. If you can picture an almost fluorescent, neon white then this is it.

-The texture is weird as hell. It does not go on smooth or evenly. As the user under me said, it looks like a chalky, clumpy, uneven mess when applied. I also tried blending this but that only resulted in the liner disappearing altogether.

-Poor lasting power. I understand that the creamy texture of kajal liners usually makes for some pretty poor lasting power, but this seemed to be exceptionally bad. It faded off within an hour.

Thank God I only paid $6 for this at Winners. I'd have been mad had a shelled out the full $18 that Stila's Kajals usually retails for. The only upside of this is how cute it looks..

*DISCLAIMER*- I have not tried any of the other shades from this line, but this particular one was a complete miss*

rated 2 of 5 on 8/4/2011 12:52:00 AM More reviews by anorakcity

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I haven't tried any of the other Kajal shades, but the "Pearl" shade definitely leaves something to be desired.

The consistency is creamy, but once applied looks chalky and clumpy rather than smooth. Whenever I use this product I have to transform into my alter ego "The Human Blender" (abilities = blending eyeliner for an ungodly amount of time, carpal tunnel syndrome) in order for the product to even look remotely appealing. Even after blending and layering several times over, the color always seems to just IMMEDIATELY melt into my waterline, leaving me looking the same as I did when I started. Without the blending, you're left with a thick chalky, possibly clumpy bright white line.

Oh, and another thing- when I sat the cap on the back of the pencil the UNGLUED back cap (why is the back cap even necessary?) got stuck in the front cap rendering my front cap completely unusable, SERIOUSLY? Eyeliner pencil, I hate you so much right now.

Okay, there is one redeeming factor: I haven't tried any other white eyeliners and can't yet say that this one is definitely the worst.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 4/25/2011 1:18:00 PM More reviews by Extacey

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

SUPER pigmented on the water line, almost too much. A little goes a long way if you like white liner on the inner rims of your eyes. Besides, if you use too much it will run off and look nasty underneath your eyes. So this works well if used sparingly. Honestly, if you want something a little less bright to line your waterline with, try Revlon's white Colorstay Matte eyeliner pencil. It's less pigmented but still brightening, and it doesn't run off as obviously.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2009 2:19:00 PM More reviews by mtycer

I bought this on clearance for $4 at a SiJCP.

I have owned this in two colors, black ("Onyx") and white ("Pearl").
PROS: Cute packaging. The colors are very very pigmented.
CONS: Expensive when bought at full price ($18). Too soft. Does not set. Smudges everywhere. Does not stay well on waterline.
Overall, not a product I would repurchase. I prefer products that DO set, but can be smudged out while applying. This product does neither of those things. Stila's Smudgepots are much better products and are more versatile than these kajal liners--try those out instead! I don't even think I'll keep it--up for swap it goes!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2009 4:55:00 PM More reviews by MakeUpJunkiee

A little too white for inner rim, but when applied lightly definitely brightens eye. Its all i use it for. Very soft, smooth and good staying power. I love stila kohl pencils.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2009 1:14:00 AM More reviews by lilhottiencali

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a great pencil to blend into the lids, under those bright shadows... It makes them true to color, brighter!!! These pencils are not just for lining the eye. They are made soft to also blend under shadows.....

rated 2 of 5 on 1/25/2009 1:08:00 PM More reviews by CharmmyTina

The packaging is really cute :) but do not be fooled!! This eyeliner did not have any sort of pearl look to it! It came out like chalk white. DO.NOT.LIKE! It made the whites of my eye look less white because the eyeliner was so stark white. I exchanged for another product at Sephora. The SA told me Shiseido has a good pearl eyeliner. I might try that instead.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2008 3:40:00 PM More reviews by russianGRL

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Its a nice product. I use it in my inner rims to open up the eye. However I agree it is too soft.

I put yes to purchase question, but I am really not sure. I will unless I find something I like better