November 26, 2014 | 953 users online

Blush - MAC - Deep Pink

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2007 4:12:00 AM More reviews by calistarose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Whoa Nelly! This one is a bright one. I was at the MAC Pro store in San Francisco and the nicest MA by the name Leili (might be misspelled) applied this on me. At first, I wanted her to try Dollymix, so once she put it on me, she said it was "too sheer" and I need something with more depth. For reference, I'm a NC30/35. She instantly picked Deep Pink and I took one look and thought 'Oh.my.god. I'm gonna look like a freak show clown' but I was pleasantly surprised! To achieve the cutest, innocent flush, you need to gently dip your blush brush on to the powder. That's all you need! This blush is a PRO shade but I highly doubt I will ever go back to the PRO store to repurchase because with the amount that I use, I can assume that I'll be passing this one on to my daughter when she reaches her teens (and I don't plan on having kids until another 6+ years!). I agree with the reviewers below, it's definitely a fun shade. The MA said it was her first and favorite MAC blush ever and she has been with the company for 13 years! So, if you're able to make it to a MAC Pro, give this one a shot :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2006 12:04:00 PM More reviews by CarlaN

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I've been looking for months for a matte hot pink/magenta blush, and this is PERFECT! It's not for the timid, though, or those who prefer a neutral look.

I have "high-contrast" coloring (pale pink-ivory skin, dark brown hair, very green eyes) and I love colors like this!

You do have to be careful, though. DP is such an intense color and so pigmented that it would be easy to overdo. As another reviewer observed, if you think "Dollymix" is frightening, "Deep Pink" will probably cause fainting.

Lightly and carefully applied, though, it looks great, like a natural pinky flush. I find it very face-brightening.

It's a Pro blush, so it can be a little tricky to obtain, but it is SO worth it!

I'll gladly buy this again, if I ever use all of this wonderfully huge MAC compact.

NOTE: I wore and loved this all summer, and have recently added MAC's "Magenta", DP's deeper and purpler cousin, to my blush collection. I love "Deep Pink" for warm weather, and "Magenta" for cool weather.
FURTHER NOTE: This really is a terrifying blush, and "clown spots" are a definite hazard. Before applying, be sure your cheeks are evenly dusted with transluscent powder, so that there are no patches where the color will "grab." Also a good brush is a must; I use the "powder" brush from the Mary Kay Signature brush set as my blush brush. "Deep Pink" is a wonderfully fun blush, and worth a bit of effort to apply. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2006 1:43:00 PM More reviews by cainca

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Most tremendoos blush ever. Up there with gel Pink Subtropical and the much-loved Pink Pool. I love it, love it, love it and haven't used one of my other blushes since I bought this 4 weeks ago. It's deep deep magenta-pink and looks scary in the pan but is really wonderful on. It is a truly special blush - fun, young, hip but not scary. Realy specia for evening and if I use a light touch it works well during the day too. I am a PPP with light blond hair and this truly works great for me!!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2006 2:30:00 PM More reviews by Fabfame

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is truly a deep pink blush. Its matte and looks great on my NW45 skin tone. I was lucky enough to get this as part of a fantastic palette on ebay containing Reed, Blunt, Frankly Scarlet, True Red, Deep Pink, and Bright Coral. For darker skintones those are all great colours.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2005 2:13:00 AM More reviews by another_mac_addict

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Anyone who thought Dollymix looked scary in the pan would be terrified of this. Deep Pink is shockingly bright magenta and it goes on pretty much the same. On my LLL skin gently touching the brush to it and blending it across my cheeks gives a flushed appearance. It is, without a doubt, the funnest blush I own. I'd love to see it on someone with a darker complexion. Would repurchase, except at this rate I'll probably never run out and I think it's only available at Pro Stores.

*EDITED* Another product I reviewed too soon. I fell in love with it for a month, then realized that I was wearing it as a regular pink blush (very sheer application) and I own other blushes that are better natural pinks for me.