April 21, 2014 | 1227 users online

Lip Gloss - Ecco Bella - Good For You Gloss in Peace

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2012 11:12:00 AM More reviews by inmyopinion

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Silver, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have the Ecco Bella Flowercolor gloss in Passion which is truly a "candy apple red" as one of the other reviewers put it. I love the long mirror which goes the length of the rectangular tube - really ingenious. The texture is lovely, although the color would only go with some of my clothes because it is reallllly red!
For something a bit more muted, I would use Korres lip butter glaze in raspberry (see my review)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2008 12:58:00 AM More reviews by flyingwings

I have the gloss in Pleasure (which is a mauve color), but I didn't know where else to put the review.

The simple: I love this gloss.

The good: There is a lot I like about the gloss. The first thing I noticed when I opened the package was the smell. I think it smells like vanilla wafers, and I find this scent very appealing. When I applied it I noticed that it had a lot of pigmentation for a gloss. Depending on how much you apply, it goes on either semi-opaque or almost completely opaque. I like its texture and satin finish. It also conditions lips very well. I had chapped lips, but I wore this and two days later they were healed. The mirror on the package (like others have mentioned) is convenient. Finally, it uses natural ingredients which I find very appealing. Also, Ecco Bella is cruelty free which is a relief.

The bad: The lasting power is about average. I can wear it for about three hours without eating or drinking before I need to redo it. If I eat or drink, it has to be redone. However, to be fair, it lasts okay for a natural gloss. Also, I think it is a little expensive for a gloss at $13-$15 a pop.

Because it has actually improved my lips, I have just bought this gloss in Passion (candy apple red) and I plan to buy Peace (champagne) next month. I believe that the Good for You Gloss is going to become a staple in my collection.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2007 7:12:00 PM More reviews by ashleybabes24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

This stuff is really fab. I wouldn't necessarily call it a "gloss" though. It is more like a liquid lipstick (but thinner) IMO. The color is really pretty. On my pigmented lips it appears a shimmery beige shade. It is very thin in texture, and is not sticky at all. I wore it with my car windows down and my hair didn't stick! The smell is heavenly too! It is kind of vanilla-ish. I love the tube too. It has a mirror on the side for easy application. Love this product. Would love to try other shades too!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2007 2:11:00 PM More reviews by ms_fj

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i love this stuff! it's a nice neutral color--not super-glossy, but it adds a bit of shine and color that i like. it moisturizes okay, it's great that it's all natural, and it smells faintly sweet. not vanilla-like, but pleasant. i love the little mirror on the back of the package too.

(i think it's called flowerpower gloss rather than good for you gloss though--maybe they changed the name)

rated 3 of 5 on 10/15/2005 9:33:00 PM More reviews by FallenStar841

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Definitely not the best lip gloss out there, hardly anything compares to MAC Lipglass in my opinion ;). This gloss doesn't have a glassy shine, it's more like a liquid lip color along the lines of L'Oreal Rouge Pulp. There is a slight fragrance to it that doesn't necessarily smell bad, it just doesn't smell good. The ingredients list says there's a "vanilla flavor complex" which isn't really noticeable to me. Peace is a light shimmery champagne color that would pretty much suit everyone. What I love about this gloss is the packaging LOL, on the back of the tube there is a very convenient mirror (their mascaras have one too) so I rated the packaging a 5. I got this free from their recycling program (only for the month of October) at Whole Foods.