August 23, 2014 | 1005 users online

Lip Gloss - Ecco Bella - Good For You Gloss in Peace

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2014 2:55:00 PM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is such a pretty lip gloss. Peace is a nude peachy color with a hint of champagne shimmer. Has a barely detectable scent. Peace is gluten free, dye free and vegan. It does not dry out my lips nor is it sticky. Lasts about as long as any other lip gloss on me. I enjoy wearing this alone or over lipstick. Really pleased with the quality of Ecco Bella Makeup.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2012 11:12:00 AM More reviews by inmyopinion

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Silver, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have the Ecco Bella Flowercolor gloss in Passion which is truly a "candy apple red" as one of the other reviewers put it. I love the long mirror which goes the length of the rectangular tube - really ingenious. The texture is lovely, although the color would only go with some of my clothes because it is reallllly red!
For something a bit more muted, I would use Korres lip butter glaze in raspberry (see my review)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2008 12:58:00 AM More reviews by flyingwings

I have the gloss in Pleasure (which is a mauve color), but I didn't know where else to put the review.

The simple: I love this gloss.

The good: There is a lot I like about the gloss. The first thing I noticed when I opened the package was the smell. I think it smells like vanilla wafers, and I find this scent very appealing. When I applied it I noticed that it had a lot of pigmentation for a gloss. Depending on how much you apply, it goes on either semi-opaque or almost completely opaque. I like its texture and satin finish. It also conditions lips very well. I had chapped lips, but I wore this and two days later they were healed. The mirror on the package (like others have mentioned) is convenient. Finally, it uses natural ingredients which I find very appealing. Also, Ecco Bella is cruelty free which is a relief.

The bad: The lasting power is about average. I can wear it for about three hours without eating or drinking before I need to redo it. If I eat or drink, it has to be redone. However, to be fair, it lasts okay for a natural gloss. Also, I think it is a little expensive for a gloss at $13-$15 a pop.

Because it has actually improved my lips, I have just bought this gloss in Passion (candy apple red) and I plan to buy Peace (champagne) next month. I believe that the Good for You Gloss is going to become a staple in my collection.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2007 7:12:00 PM More reviews by ashleybabes24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

This stuff is really fab. I wouldn't necessarily call it a "gloss" though. It is more like a liquid lipstick (but thinner) IMO. The color is really pretty. On my pigmented lips it appears a shimmery beige shade. It is very thin in texture, and is not sticky at all. I wore it with my car windows down and my hair didn't stick! The smell is heavenly too! It is kind of vanilla-ish. I love the tube too. It has a mirror on the side for easy application. Love this product. Would love to try other shades too!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2007 2:11:00 PM More reviews by ms_fj

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i love this stuff! it's a nice neutral color--not super-glossy, but it adds a bit of shine and color that i like. it moisturizes okay, it's great that it's all natural, and it smells faintly sweet. not vanilla-like, but pleasant. i love the little mirror on the back of the package too.

(i think it's called flowerpower gloss rather than good for you gloss though--maybe they changed the name)

rated 3 of 5 on 10/15/2005 9:33:00 PM More reviews by FallenStar841

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Definitely not the best lip gloss out there, hardly anything compares to MAC Lipglass in my opinion ;). This gloss doesn't have a glassy shine, it's more like a liquid lip color along the lines of L'Oreal Rouge Pulp. There is a slight fragrance to it that doesn't necessarily smell bad, it just doesn't smell good. The ingredients list says there's a "vanilla flavor complex" which isn't really noticeable to me. Peace is a light shimmery champagne color that would pretty much suit everyone. What I love about this gloss is the packaging LOL, on the back of the tube there is a very convenient mirror (their mascaras have one too) so I rated the packaging a 5. I got this free from their recycling program (only for the month of October) at Whole Foods.