April 16, 2014 | 993 users online

Cleansers - Mario Badescu - Cream Soap

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2012 8:19:00 PM More reviews by GalileosDaughter

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this soap! It cleanses my dry, sensitive skin very well. I have mild rosacea and this leaves my skin feeling soft and calm. I use it with the Aloe Vera toner and the Kera Moist Protective cream.
You can free samples from their website-make sure to fill out the questionnaire.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2009 6:10:00 AM More reviews by mapn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

Quite a standard and mild face cleansing product (it's not a soap!) that leaves my skin squeaky clean, a feeling that I don't really like on my skin. Almost exactly the same ingredients as the Make-Up Remover Soap, which somehow feels more comfortable…

Ingredients: Deionized Water,Stearic Acid,Propylene Glycol Dipelargonate,Glycol Stearate,Propylene Glycol,Glyceryl Isostearate,Lauramide DEA,Cetyl Alcohol,Triethanolamine,Isodecylparaben,Imadozolidinyl Urea,Quaternium-15,Methylparaben,Propylparaben.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2008 9:21:00 AM More reviews by janet1028

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

My cleanser search has come to an end! I reeived this as part of the MB Redness kit and I AM HOOKED! I use it with a washcloth and my reward is breakout-free skin. It is creamy and not for those who need the cleaning "power" of a gel, but for those with sensitive skin or rosacea, give this excellent product a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2008 9:47:00 AM More reviews by Chantel2006

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is by far the best cleanser I have ever used! This is the only cleanser I can use on my sensitive rosacea skin! There are no irritating ingredients like sodium lauryl sulfate, frangrace or dyes. It rinses clean, leaves my face soft, and it doesn't feel like my skin is going to crack after using! I've had no breakouts from using this cream soap. Mario Badescu Cream Soap has literally changed my skin! I have found my HG cleanser. I will never use anything else!!! Thank you Mario Badescu!!!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2008 10:13:00 PM More reviews by DaffodilFields

I do find that this is very helpful with my winter redness. While it does keep my skin very moisturized and smooth, I find that I break out if I use this for more than a few days at a time. I have combo/oily skin, and unfortunately, it really feels like some type of greasy film is being left behind if I don't use a toner afterwards. I'll keep my bottle around and rotate it into my routine if I ever need to, but I'll take redness over breakouts any day.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2008 9:05:00 PM More reviews by vande_13

This product has been heaven for me! I have dry and extremely sensitive skin (I suffer from redness, itchiness, peeling... all the works). I have been using this for about 5 months now and I have seen noticeable improvement. I went home about 3 months ago and my mom commented on how healthy my skin looked (and she sees me every 3 months so she would notice any difference). The irritation stops as soon as I use this and the Chamomile cleansing lotion.
I am not sure if its good for make up removing (I only use sunscreen and powder when needed) but I can tell you it cleans ok and doesn't clog pores because I have had like 3 pimples overall in the last 5 months (no kidding!).
The previous reviewer stated that it leaves a film... I am not sure what method she used but what I do is I wet my face, spread some of the cleanser on, massage for a little bit and rinse while I massage my face. I feel no residue. I think it is obvious it will not clean the bottle by putting water on it since you can't really massage the inside of the bottle! I did an experiment too... I put some of the cleanser on the hand and didn't rub, just let water run over it.. nothing came off! Then I tried putting the cleanser on my other hand... let water run over it while I massaged it off... voila! Everything came off.
I don't think this cleanser would work on someone with oily or acne-prone skin... but if you have dry skin or awful sensitivity you should give this a shot... its about 10 bucks for a 6 oz bottle that will last a looong time. If you dont like it you can always swap with me or something! Hahahaha...
Good luck to all those rosacea/ sensitive skin sufferers out there... I KNOW how difficult it is to find a good cleanser! Luckily, I found mine.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2005 1:24:00 PM More reviews by alliebeth

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff was not for me at all. First of all, it left a film on my face, like many creamy cleansers do, but the film wasn't subtle at all--more like a heavy lotion I couldn't rinse off.

Secondly, it didn't even budge my sunscreen (that isn't water resistant at all, I might add). The instructions said it wasn't for removing "heavy makeup" so I called MB's CS and they suggested I only use it in the AM. When I did, I notied that's when I noticed the heavy lotion-feeling film I mentioned above.

This product is a complete waste! It doesn't seem to do anything but leave behind a heavy film! It doesn't seem to cleanse at all. I expect that I would have broken out with it soon if I had continued using it, but 2 uses was plenty for me.

Unfortunately, my face was very scaly-dry under that filmy mask when I washed my face with a light foaming cleanser (my HG) to remove the film. I think the film kept my skin from "breathing" the humidity in the air for those two days of use, therefore causing the scaly-dryness.

Save your money for something that actually is beneficial for skin!

ETA: When I washed out the sample bottle, even when I added handsoap to the bottle, the creamy, pearlescent soap coated the inside of the bottle. I rinsed and rinsed it. Still, I couldn't see into or thru this clear little bottle. I finally put it under HOT water, holding the bottle there with tongs and almost immediately the bottle was clear. This means that to remove the film from my skin, I would need to rinse my face with very hot water which isn't an option for me (A) because I have rosacea and (B) because this water temp was untolerable on sensitive facial skin since my fingers thought it was too hot.

This confirmed and perfectly described the extent of the film since handsoap couldn't remove it but only scalding water could. continued >>