August 29, 2014 | 1199 users online

Moisturizers - Liz Earle - Liz Earle - Skin Repair Light

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2014 12:14:00 PM More reviews by joannajane

this is one of my holy grail moisturizers. my man also uses it! i have combination skin and am an unfortunate eczema sufferer (eyelids mainly) so i need to use incredibly 'clean' products. a friend recommended liz earle to me many years ago and i haven't looked back. i flirted with avène briefly as i wanted something readily available in singapore but it broke me out like mad and my eyelids were intolerant. this gives me such smooth and lovely skin, i will use it forever! in colder climates (i.e. when back in the UK) i switch the using the super skin at night and this in the day.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2014 7:03:00 AM More reviews by Victoriajane89

I have been using L'occitane Riz Rice moisturiser for years but it has sadly been discontinued :( so I have had to start looking again for a moisturiser for oily/comb skin.

Overall, I am happy with this moisturiser, it is definitely light weight and you only need a small amount as a little goes a long way. I would also say you could use this as a foundation base/primer as my foundation applied smoothly and easily over and doesn't dry out my skin like most moisturisers for my skin type and keeps my skin hydrated.

For oil control, it doesn't do much at all for my oily forehead and I needed to reapply powder throughout the day! Packaging is in a long tube with a pump which is always an added bonus!

But for the price I think I can find something better.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/12/2013 8:28:00 AM More reviews by mka87

I didn't like the Cleanse and Polish, despite it's rave reviews but thought I'd try a more natural moisturiser when my skin wasn't behaving... Cue, Skin Repair Light...

Truth? It's HORRIFIC. It broke me out into red cyst like pauples which scarred and looked very unhealthy. I must be allergic to the majority of Liz Earle products which is ironic as they're marketed to be all natural, therefore causing no reactions.

I don't reccommend it and the oil controling properties are terrible.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2013 6:58:00 PM More reviews by Reality9

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is an amazing product. I also tried Boots No.7 Protect & Perfect Intense Beauty Serum and both do the same thing, they instant plump the skin so imperfections are diminished for the day that you use the product. But what I noticed with the Liz Earle Skin Repair is my overall facial skin tone evened out really nicely. I love this product, but it is very expensive (£19.25 for just 50ml in the UK) and aged 20 I rarely get any spots at all, only need to wash my face once a day in the morning if I don't wear make-up, so I actually use Vaseline Cocoa Butter in the tub on my face because it seems really hydrating and has a similar effect to this product (not quite as good though!) and if I can use a deeply hydrating moisturiser and not get spots I will. This product I would save for days you want to go out in public but not wear foundation as it will reduce any redness or anything and not look oily, so it's a very nice product to use. It smells like play-dough though, which is a bit of a downside but keeps your complexion nice. I can imagine it would be amazing on teenage skin, but can't imagine a teenager being able to afford it!

If you aren't a student and you are a working woman who can afford more high-end types of products I would say go for it, because if you take care of your skin and hair the right way, with natural products and oils (like organic macadamia oil for hair and a natural product for your skin) you'll look naturally beautiful and not need to wear make-up and hair dye/hair spray which just damage your hair and skin. And to be quite honest, sometimes I just see girls with an orange face, false eyelashes, split ends, dyed hair in a bun and find it gross. It seems to be more middle class women who wear less make-up because they can afford to take care of what's already there rather than just plaster over it with other stuff and make it worse. If you're a student like I am I'd say it doesn't really matter too much about appearance, but once you're about 25+ the way you dress and present yourself is really important because people make more judgements about you based on the way you look.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2013 4:31:00 PM More reviews by lmajor

I had been using Liz Earle cleanse and polish for a while but was using cocoa butter (very lightly) to moisturise my face as I'm sensitive to alot of moisturisers and have bad acne scarring on my chin so thought the vitamin e in the cocoa butter would help my scars. The cocoa butter was fine in winter but as it started to get hotter it was way too greasy for my skin! I decided to try the skin repair light on a friends recommendation and I love it! It's so light and sinks it straight away, it also helps control my skin throughout the day and best of all its massively improved my scars in just a week! When I first used it I think I applied too much because I broke out on my forehead (where I almost never get spots) I think where the product sinks in so quickly it's easy to use to much as you're trying to massage it into the skin. The smell of the product is ok...doesn't bother me either way but I love the packaging! Pump for hygiene and convenience and it's really petite so doesn't take up much space. Coupled with the hot cloth cleanser and tonic my skin looks so much brighter and fresher and its evened out my skin tone and reduced alot of redness. My skin in oily/combination but leans more towards the oily side and i get break outs very frequently. It may not be for everyone but then I thought it wasn't for me until I realised I was putting on too much! Price wise I got 75% off so I thought it was a bargain, I wouldn't usually want to pay 20 for a moisturiser but would definitely get it with discount again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2013 10:50:00 AM More reviews by prettypollyperkins

No good for my sensitive/combo skin. My rosacea flared up badly. I like the texture though. Won't re-purchase and wouldn't recommend for sensitive or reactive skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/17/2013 9:19:00 AM More reviews by tinka10

Wow. This wasn't good. I wouldn't consider this a 'light' mosituriser at all, it feels quite heavy on the skin and takes a while to absorb. AS for balancing I experienced the complete opposite, my face felt uncomfortably greasy the morning after, especially around my T Zone, and I ended up breaking out pretty quickly.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2013 7:53:00 PM More reviews by lilasbaby

This is a great moisturizer for people with sensitive skin. It is very light. Smells very light ang nice, without a hint of irritation. Only con is that it's not moisturizing enough for me and does nothing else but a tiny bit of moisturizing.

However if that's what you're looking for, this moisturizer is great.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/5/2013 5:48:00 PM More reviews by belleetbeaut

I bought this product not too long ago after loving the liz earle cleanse and polish. for the first few days I loved it, even so much as to put it in a blog post of my favourite products! I may as well have jinxed myself, as ever since, it has without fail, broke me out every single day! It leaves my skin feeling soft for about an hour or two, then i'm back to an oily t-zone. I have read on the Liz Earle website about refunds and returns, and am hoping that this applies in store too as I really feel I have wasted my money! I wish i'd read more reviews before I bought the product as they are mostly negative! I'd love to hear recommendations of moisturisers for normal/combination skin types!

beckie @ belleetbeaut.blogspot.com

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2012 3:45:00 PM More reviews by lunalove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wish there were a maybe button when they ask if you would buy it again...
While I really love the cleanse & polish and toner, I am so-so on this moisturizer. It works well in tandem with the other two at night (if for no other reason than the scent) but I am still looking for an HG daily (under makeup) moisturizer.
I do love the pump bottle and that the scent is the same as the other two products but it does still sometimes sting a tad (but be aware this is bc of my dermatologist prescribed acne meds) and doesnt completely do everything I "need" it to do.
I want moisture without shine and breakouts, as well as no stinging sensation. So far, I havent found it yet!