November 28, 2014 | 1893 users online

Powder - Larenim - Mineral Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2014 12:51:00 AM More reviews by aberg1991

For reference: I have lighter ivory skin, but not vampire pale. I have normal to oily skin, obviously a little dryer in the winter. I use cetaphil for my cleanser and moisturizer and a microderm scrub to keep it polished and to avoid nasty dry patches. I also use Ulta's double duty primer and foundation as a base underneath this product.
I LOVE this stuff. I have a friend who did nothing but rave about it for months so when I wanted to look for a new powder foundation I decided to give this a try. I bought it a health food store for around $20 which is a little more than I like spending, but I wanted to try it so I sucked it up. I'm so glad that I did!
I think this provides a really good coverage and makes my skin look really really lovely. It doesn't look too powdery and its smooth and makes my tone even as well. Fabulous. Love it.
Any time i can find a product that is all natural AND works (its a hard combo to find), I jump on that boat ASAP. It's really important to me to make moves towards beauty products that are good for my health and good for the environment too.
I also really love the packaging. This is a heavy duty case, not cheap plastic. I'm not at all worried about the top breaking off if I set this down the wrong way, and I'm surprised at how much I like this product just based on the packaging alone. I have several bronzers that the top has broken off of that I won't use just cause it annoys me.
I haven't decided if I will continue to repurchase this, I think when I run out I will attempt to use Ulta's pressed powder (which is paraben free!), before repurchasing this, simply because of the price difference. This is a product that I definitely love though and will continue to buy if i can't find something I like better.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2014 3:08:00 PM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Absolutely fabulous loose powder foundation. Great color selection and gluten free to boot! I have this in 1C and have porcelain skin tone. Easy to apply and blend in. Love the natural ingredients, the ease of applying this, and how long it lasts on my skin. I Don't think I want to try any other foundation after finding this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2014 3:56:00 PM More reviews by ferosferio

I bought the loosed foundation and the blush in shade mauvelous after getting a big rash from the mac concealer and blush that I use almost everyday. My skin feel so light when using this foundation. Love it! It's gentle and has good coverage for me since I don't have any problematic area. No break out so far :) I just don't like that it's a bit more expensive than the Alima Pure foundation and has 1.5 gram less powder than Alima Pure. But I can see that it's more pricey because it has more ingredients. I will continue to use this though. It keep my skin balanced.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2011 3:29:00 PM More reviews by PinkArmenia

Got this powder a week ago and I love it so far. I do not understand why people do not like its coverage, I think it is perfect! I switched from Chenel Double Perfection because it had 5 types of paraben in it and I was surprised to find a natural product that gives me the same full coverage and silky smooth finish. I have a super sensitive, extremely oily and acne prone skin and this does not irritate my skin at all (so far). I really hope it does not give me any problems in the future because I LOVE its ingredients. I also love the fact that it has no parabens, sulfates, chemical sunscreen, talc & other harmful stuff in it. The price is reasonable as well, you can find it for 18-19 dollars at certain vitamin stores (online). I tried all the high end brands and ended up with breakouts, dark spots and wrinkles at the age of 24. I believe that this natural powder will improve my complexion and help me look the way I am supposed to look- young and fresh.

update: i have been using it for a year and will not change it fr as long as they make this. it is very gentle, natural looking and makeup looks awesome in pictures, too. on cooler day i use it over my hourglass or cover fx acne healing primer and on hot days i use it over dusk till dawn by larenim and i always finish by spraying urban decay de slick oil control makeup setting spray.results are amazing. fyi i have the oiliest skin ever- my pores get oily after only a minute of washing my face...so yeah, if you have the same problem, try this routine, it may work wonders for you, too!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2010 6:24:00 PM More reviews by ELDN54

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this make-up..It's the only one that does not ITCH my skin! I like it much better than JI or BE..they both made my skin feel terrible..I feel the loose works awesome in the warmer months b/c of all the humidity in the air..I have normal/dry skin..I use 4w loose in summer b/c I self tan and that color is perfect..I use the pressed in 3w in winter b/c i feel it had more hydrating properties than the loose..Here's some tips for u guys..
When using the loose I set it with a rose water spray I get at a health food store..It works wonders if you feel the makeup is dry! Do it and you will love it! You should do it for all mineral makeup!

When buying the color, the loose is darker. For example, the 4w pressed is lighter in color than the 4w loose..For all the shades you will notice this..So, if you feel the color is off a bit on your number, try it's other version, ie, pressed versus loose..

When using the pressed, press/push in and roll onto skin..it will look more natural that way..only do the areas you need coverage..then I buff out with a brush and it blends it all together..
I worked as a makeup artist in a store and I tried all these methods.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2010 3:34:00 PM More reviews by lfcfl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this line for about 3 yrs. now and have to say I'm very pleased. I'm 50 but have very oily skin and now lines, giant and fine. When first applied, it is somewhat dry but after it mixes with my natural oils, it looks fabulous. I think my skin is actually better for using it and I've actually been complimented on how good my skin looks, which is a first. I have extremely sensitive skin and have tried GLO and BE. GLO makes me too oily and BE makes my skin crawl. Larenim color stays true and it gives a nice airbrushed effect. The coverage is very light however and may not cover all skin irregularities. The compact foundation is a little heavy and somewhat dry for me so I only use it to pat after many hours away from home. I wear 3W in winter and 4W in summer and sometimes mix as I have a strange, hard to match complexion. If you buy it at WF Market and don't like it, returning is a snap; no questions asked. I'm also a big fan of Innocence blush, it gives you a really natural, youthful color.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2010 6:20:00 PM More reviews by nonnen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

In a heartbeat, I would buy this again. For a truly natural, soft look, this is the best mineral foundation. There is none of that weird, shiny effect that BE sometimes has (although I do like BE too). I use BE for pictures (for the "glow") and Larenim or Everyday Minerals for daily use. I use 3w in the winter, the paler side of fair-medium. I do have yellow undertones, foundation is tough for me to match without getting orange... and this stays true. Might be a tad light, but it works quite well. Makes me look smooth, and I have some discoloration and slight acne scarring (looks like freckles). This evens out my skin without looking heavy or oddly shiny, doesn't irritate/ itch, or get dark on me. It's not a miracle worker and it doesn't cover everything, but I use it because of how natural it looks. I've had one regular size jar for three years and it's still going strong. Also use the mineral silk from the same line, not every time, but it is nice as well. It's not going give you the look of BE... but if you're looking to avoid that and don't like the matte BE, this might be what you're looking for.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2009 6:03:00 PM More reviews by mgkballet

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely love this foundation; I don't think I'll use anything else. The shade range is epic, and the payoff is incredible. It makes my skin look so creamy and airbrushed . . . love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2009 5:12:00 PM More reviews by ShayFL

These are the only minerals I use now because of their purity and non-toxic ingredients. Very pretty too.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/2/2009 12:12:00 PM More reviews by greengoddess11

I love this stuff! I have tried bare minerals and pur minerals also. Both bare and pur contain bismuth oxychloride which makes your face shinny and itchy. Bare used to contain aluminum and parabens in there mineral veil, which makes me not trust them even if they have changed the formulation. Pur currently has parabens in some of there products. Larenim is pure and beautiful. It makes my skin look air brushed. I love it! Just make sure you pick the right shade and use sparingly! *EDIT* I recently tried everyday minerals as a cheaper alternative to Larenim and found out how much I don't like this product. It's so chalky and the price is outrageous! I'm movin on to everyday minerals! (which I LOVE)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No