CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion

Water Purified, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglycerides, Behentrimonium Methosulfate/Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth 20 and Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6-11, Ceramide 1, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Dimethicone, Polysorbate 20, Polyglyceryl 3 Diisostearate, Potassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Cetyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Phytosphingosine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum

on 3/5/2015 1:26:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I tried this on my face several years ago and it gave me a very bad sty that took a month to dissolve. I recently bought it again and tried it on my legs. Within an hour they were red (and this is not the one with niacinamide which does cause heat/redness), they didn't feel hot but they looked veiny, all the marks were more pronounced, DRY, and flaky. The skin was super thin. I washed it off and reapplied St.Ives Vitamin E lotion and it is pretty good. It is not causing redness (and E can do that) and it is dry in no time so it feels like the legs can still breathe. Not sure if zi like it either but I know I don'tlike the CeraVe. !2.00 STILL GOT THE RECEIPT. Not for me. This stuff is just like the serum Olay had about 5 or 10 yrs ago that also caused white bumps on people. Sooner or later you will get them, everyone does. It clogs the pores I don't care what the derms say. they have to say something and most of them are not very interested in helping someone that really needs help. Actually way too many doctors aren't interested in it even though that is what they are supposed to be doing. They just want to go to work and not work at what they are claiming to be working at. Helping people. Once you find a caring doctor stay with that one!

on 3/5/2015 10:27:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is an excellent moisturizer, and I also use this on my face. I agree that there is little difference between this and the PM facial moisturizer except that this costs less when you consider the size of the container. The only difference I could find in the ingredients is niacinamide In the PM moisturizer, which is supposed to help calm sensitive skin. I have super sensitive combination skin and this product moisturizers well and is easily absorbed into my skin. I love it. And I have no problem using this under my sunscreen and powder foundation.

on 3/3/2015 12:48:00 AM

Good overall product; I have sensitive skin and this doesn't bother me. When I'm really dry, it doesn't do quite enough. But it never feels slick or irritating.

on 2/28/2015 11:21:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I've been using this as my daytime moisturizer for 3 years. Yes, the body lotion. I checked the ingredients and CeraVe's night moisturizing lotion (not the cream) is almost identical.

It's great. Very hydrating, dries matte, never irritates or breaks me out, is fragrance free, lasts months since I only use it on my face and neck, and basically does everything I need a basic facial moisturizer to do. This is a Holy Grail/crutch product that I can't fathom living without, love it, A+++ moisturizer, will moisturizer again.

Packaging--I love that the pump always locks and never leaks, even when I'm traveling and take the full-size bottle with me.

on 2/23/2015 8:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I feel also this is very overrated, I found it thick, impossible to use under makeup , I don't like the texture nor the smell..it might be thick, but I didn't fnd it nourishing for my dry skin...I know this brand is very popular, I have the cleanser and it is ok, nothing more...I feel there are better choices out there, at least for me..I just don't care for the texture of the Cerave products!

on 2/23/2015 8:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I feel that this lotion is very overrated. It gets a lot of good reviews and the ceramides are supposed to be good for you, so I decided to try it. Well, it's one of the most useless lotions I've ever tried. It simply doesn't moisturize well at all. We are having a very cold winter here in the NYC area and skin needs all the help it can get. I put this on, and 10 minutes later my skin feels dry like I never used moisturizer. I really don't know what good it's supposed to be doing for my skin but when I have to use several coats of it to make my skin feel moisturized, I know I picked the wrong darned product. Waste of money!

on 2/20/2015 11:17:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I love this moisturizer. I have extremely dry, sensitive skin due to chronic medical conditions and am always looking for ways to hydrate my skin without irritating. This is the only moisturizer I've come across that brings absolutely no irritation to my skin. I've tried lots specifically formulated for sensitive skin including brands like First Aid Beauty and Simple, but even those burned. But I'm not just saying this is amazing because it's non-irritating, it is nicely moisturizing too. It definitely helps with any dryness on the face. I use it mostly in the summer, as I don't find this moisturizing enough for the winter and it is great. All in all, I think this would be great for all skin types and I would definitely recommend it.

on 1/25/2015 3:13:00 PM

I've been using this for a couple off weeks now, and so far I love it! My boyfriend loves it as much as I do since its not greasy at all and absorbs in the skin quickly. It's light formulation and you get a big bottle. I actually had no idea this is for body, but I've been using it on my face and it works well. It's an underrated brand and you get a lot for what you pay for.

on 1/23/2015 3:23:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm confused as to why this has four stars. Maybe it works for people that aren't prone to breakouts, but for my dry skin it just left a shiny film. It also caused irritated skin and clogged up pores. This and the neutrogena have been pretty poor moisturizers. (Probably from similar ingredients). If your acne prone I would advise to stay away from both :/

on 1/12/2015 11:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a fantastic moisturizer

I have tried several others (cetaphil cream, lotion, SPF, aveeno, neutrogena, clinique, lancome, all kinds of others) and this one is

-non-irritating
-soothing
-moisturizing

I feel a bit concerned to read people find this breaks them out

I agree that certain products do break people out, but when I had acne for many years, I broke out anyways. The only thing that stopped breakouts was 2 courses of accutane. What I am trying to say is that its important to identify the underlying cause of breakouts rather than attribute them to a single product, especially one like this. I feel that this lower than deserved rating has a lot to do with ratings due to perceived breakouts. This seems unfair.

In any case, this is an HG moisturizer for me and I have no intention of changing soon