MAC Veluxe Pearl - Twinks

4.6

I have been using this for years, as a way to deepen my crease. The first one I bought seemed smoother, more pigmented. Unfortunately, it ended up landing on the floor and shattering in millions of pieces... Although I had already hit pan on it, it broke my heart and sent me straight back to the MAC store! I repurchased it, and interestingly the new shadow I got seems stiffer. The colour also seems a tad more red-toned. I don't really mind, as I love a good-quality sheer eyeshadow. They blend like a dream and are hard to overdo. That's exactly the way I feel about this one. It layers beautifully, you can get a deeper colour that way. I can also use it with a wet brush if I ever feel like getting more pigment out of it.

A lot of people complain about the pigmentation with this product, but I had no problems. I use it with All That Glitters for an every day look and it's heaven. The texture is so soft. I for one don't like products that are too heavily pigmented but it's not so little pigmented that you have to put on a good few coats before you can see it. It's just perfect. One of my favourite MAC eyeshadows.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I agree with the other reviewers that the pigment for this shadow is lacking and there's a reason why I don't reach for it all that often.
I need to use it with other shadows (All That Glitters and Texture come to mind) and it would be decent for a neutral eye look.
It does lean towards the red but not as much as Mulch.
There are better MAC shadows than this one.

Twinks is a reddened plum brown with a HINT of bronze. The colour is beautiful because it changes in the light! It is very multidimensional! I will not repurchase Twinks though because of the following reasons. Firstly, the pigmentation and texture was quite poor. I don't know if I just got a dud, but i literally had to DIG my brushes into it to get decent payoff! It was a time-consuming colour to apply, and the shadow seemed to 'lock up' in the pan. I feel that for a high end product, that shouldn't happen. So I removed a lippie for that.
The second reason I won't repurchase Twinks, is because it didn't work that well with my yellowy skin tone. It pulled a little mauve/taupe on my warm features and looked a little ashy. For reference, Mulch, which is the golden equivalent to this, works perfectly with my colouring.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

LOVE! A medium-dark plummy bronze (similar to Mulch, but more with more purple tones, where Mulch as more golden tones). Gorgeous in the crease with so many colors. So flattering. It's pigmented and blends well. I also love to use it as a liner on my lower lids. Similar to Sable, but darker, less red and maybe a tad more purple (I love both!). The frost finish in Sable causes it to flash a lighter color as you move, but Twinks has just a subtle sheen, so it maintains its rich, dark color.

Was not sure about this color at first but then I fell in love! A beautiful rich brown shade with hints of plum. Has turned out to be a favorite. I use in rotation with Mulch my other fav!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Love Twinks! I have had it in my stash for ages but never seemed to reach for it that often. But recently I used it thinking it was Mac Mulch. I loved it! It's a warm, slightly shimmery brown with hints of purple. I have dark brown almost black eyes and it brings out the warm brown colour in my eyes. I wear it in my crease and slightly above, its a dream to apply and blends with no effort. I've even started wearing it to work which is saying something as I have no extra time in the morning to be faffing with eyeshadow! I like to pair it with Mac Retrospeck on the lid. Im nc30 for reference.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This was my first MAC eyeshadow and was in fact what got me interested in their shadows in the first place. The texture is smooth and very easy to apply despite the subtle shimmer/glitter to it. It's on the warm side, and really compliments my eyes. It's versatile enough where I can use it as a crease color, run it along my lash line, or just wear it alone. Definitely a staple shade for me!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a great shimmery, very sheer light brown shade. I honestly only wear this when I go to the beach with nothing else on my eyes; kinda makes my eyes pop a bit. I don't really feel I can layer it, which is fine. I also feel like it gets that oily, cakey mess some eye shadows get in the pot faster than any other shadow I own. But I do like the color.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

Twinks is really my everyday staple on my moving eyelid. On my NW 55 skin it's very neutral and accentuates my eyes. When I finish this I will definitely repurchase.

Top Rated MAC Products