MAC Veluxe Pearl - Twinks

4.6

on 3/2/2015 8:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

LOVE! A medium-dark plummy bronze (similar to Mulch, but more with more purple tones, where Mulch as more golden tones). Gorgeous in the crease with so many colors. So flattering. It's pigmented and blends well. I also love to use it as a liner on my lower lids. Similar to Sable, but darker, less red and maybe a tad more purple (I love both!). The frost finish in Sable causes it to flash a lighter color as you move, but Twinks has just a subtle sheen, so it maintains its rich, dark color.

on 1/4/2015 6:15:00 AM

Was not sure about this color at first but then I fell in love! A beautiful rich brown shade with hints of plum. Has turned out to be a favorite. I use in rotation with Mulch my other fav!

on 1/31/2014 1:13:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Love Twinks! I have had it in my stash for ages but never seemed to reach for it that often. But recently I used it thinking it was Mac Mulch. I loved it! It's a warm, slightly shimmery brown with hints of purple. I have dark brown almost black eyes and it brings out the warm brown colour in my eyes. I wear it in my crease and slightly above, its a dream to apply and blends with no effort. I've even started wearing it to work which is saying something as I have no extra time in the morning to be faffing with eyeshadow! I like to pair it with Mac Retrospeck on the lid. Im nc30 for reference.

on 7/14/2013 6:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This was my first MAC eyeshadow and was in fact what got me interested in their shadows in the first place. The texture is smooth and very easy to apply despite the subtle shimmer/glitter to it. It's on the warm side, and really compliments my eyes. It's versatile enough where I can use it as a crease color, run it along my lash line, or just wear it alone. Definitely a staple shade for me!

on 7/14/2013 5:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a great shimmery, very sheer light brown shade. I honestly only wear this when I go to the beach with nothing else on my eyes; kinda makes my eyes pop a bit. I don't really feel I can layer it, which is fine. I also feel like it gets that oily, cakey mess some eye shadows get in the pot faster than any other shadow I own. But I do like the color.

on 7/13/2013 7:04:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

Twinks is really my everyday staple on my moving eyelid. On my NW 55 skin it's very neutral and accentuates my eyes. When I finish this I will definitely repurchase.

on 7/7/2013 5:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Pigmentation is greatly lacking with this. Most MAC shadows are highly pigmented -- not this though. Tried it on at the MAC store, and it did nothing for my light brown eyes. Had to layer it quite a few times. Would not buy.

on 6/29/2013 5:00:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Cool

Beautiful color but the pigmentation was lacking. I had to load up my brush with a ton of shadow before it would even show up on my eyelid. I was a bit disappointed, I expected more from MAC.

Twinks looks like a gorgeous color in the pan, but it has a horrible texture... I don't know what the fine people at MAC were smoking when they decided that Twinks is a veluxe pearl, because it isn't even close. This eyeshadow is super dry and sheer... I thought it would make a really cool crease shade, but the only way I can make it work is to DIG into it with a 239 and really pack it on the lid... and even when I do that I still don't love the color. I gave the first one I had to my mother because she really wanted it, then I bought a second thinking that one was a dud. It wasn't, they were both crap. if you scrap off a good amount of it, it gets a little better... but you shouldn't have to do that when buying a "high end" eyeshadow.

on 2/20/2013 5:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this eyeshadow when I read all the amazing reviews but to be honest, it's not worth the hype. Twinks is a beautiful burgundy, brown shade with maroon/red shimmers and it would look beautiful in the crease or the lid if it wasn't so sheer. You really have to get in there with your 239 or a similar brush and pack it on. I don't think I'd buy this again unless they change the formula and make it smoother

Top Rated MAC Products