August 23, 2014 | 1862 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Veluxe Pearl - Twinks

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2014 1:13:00 PM More reviews by Asti1234

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love Twinks! I have had it in my stash for ages but never seemed to reach for it that often. But recently I used it thinking it was Mac Mulch. I loved it! It's a warm, slightly shimmery brown with hints of purple. I have dark brown almost black eyes and it brings out the warm brown colour in my eyes. I wear it in my crease and slightly above, its a dream to apply and blends with no effort. I've even started wearing it to work which is saying something as I have no extra time in the morning to be faffing with eyeshadow! I like to pair it with Mac Retrospeck on the lid. Im nc30 for reference.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2013 6:02:00 PM More reviews by realitydust

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This was my first MAC eyeshadow and was in fact what got me interested in their shadows in the first place. The texture is smooth and very easy to apply despite the subtle shimmer/glitter to it. It's on the warm side, and really compliments my eyes. It's versatile enough where I can use it as a crease color, run it along my lash line, or just wear it alone. Definitely a staple shade for me!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2013 5:46:00 PM More reviews by Devildog4025

This is a great shimmery, very sheer light brown shade. I honestly only wear this when I go to the beach with nothing else on my eyes; kinda makes my eyes pop a bit. I don't really feel I can layer it, which is fine. I also feel like it gets that oily, cakey mess some eye shadows get in the pot faster than any other shadow I own. But I do like the color.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2013 7:04:00 AM More reviews by Kosha

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Twinks is really my everyday staple on my moving eyelid. On my NW 55 skin it's very neutral and accentuates my eyes. When I finish this I will definitely repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2013 5:00:00 PM More reviews by clearady

Pigmentation is greatly lacking with this. Most MAC shadows are highly pigmented -- not this though. Tried it on at the MAC store, and it did nothing for my light brown eyes. Had to layer it quite a few times. Would not buy.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/29/2013 5:00:00 AM More reviews by rubie93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Beautiful color but the pigmentation was lacking. I had to load up my brush with a ton of shadow before it would even show up on my eyelid. I was a bit disappointed, I expected more from MAC.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2013 9:57:00 PM More reviews by sarahmarie86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Twinks looks like a gorgeous color in the pan, but it has a horrible texture... I don't know what the fine people at MAC were smoking when they decided that Twinks is a veluxe pearl, because it isn't even close. This eyeshadow is super dry and sheer... I thought it would make a really cool crease shade, but the only way I can make it work is to DIG into it with a 239 and really pack it on the lid... and even when I do that I still don't love the color. I gave the first one I had to my mother because she really wanted it, then I bought a second thinking that one was a dud. It wasn't, they were both crap. if you scrap off a good amount of it, it gets a little better... but you shouldn't have to do that when buying a "high end" eyeshadow.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/20/2013 5:11:00 PM More reviews by Pinkqt

I bought this eyeshadow when I read all the amazing reviews but to be honest, it's not worth the hype. Twinks is a beautiful burgundy, brown shade with maroon/red shimmers and it would look beautiful in the crease or the lid if it wasn't so sheer. You really have to get in there with your 239 or a similar brush and pack it on. I don't think I'd buy this again unless they change the formula and make it smoother

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2013 2:09:00 PM More reviews by almond_leaves

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Black

Twinks is a red/plum brown warm shade.

Twinks is another color I bought hoping it would bring out the blue in my lenses, which it didn't.

The pigmentation is not so good, need to pack it on. Blends easily. Medium lasting power. I use it as a lid or crease color.

I'm not very happy with this one, but again it's not so horrible. I just don't find myself going for it a lot. Actually of all my 18 eyeshadows by MAC, this is the one I least go for. I prefer my MAC pigment in Gold Stroke, which is similar to Twinks only so much better in terms of everything :)

Won't repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/17/2012 10:23:00 AM More reviews by TexasTracy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I had been looking for a plum colored e/s and after reading the rave reviews I decided to give Twinks a try. This color did not work for me at all. I was surprised that given it was a Veluxe Pearl, I was still fighting with the application . It was grabbing and was not smooth. Coupled with the fact that the color looked muddy on me (dirty, greyish-plum), I ended up trying to blend it with several different colors (All that glitters and Naked lunch) before I left the house to make it look presentable. I don't have that kind of time. For reference, I'm a C3/NC20/NC25.