August 30, 2014 | 1746 users online

Mascara - Kanebo - Styling Mascara curl

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2006 5:11:00 AM More reviews by oxxoxxoxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Bought it more than a year ago, fell in love with it immediately. It withstands showering, swimming, sleeping, raining - anything! And it makes my lashes really lustrous - thick, long, curly - fabulous! It never flakes or smudges..
Then i went with the hype and bought Kanebo 38C mascara (the old version) instead. Used it for 3 months, and after being totally stressed out with ripping my eyelashes off while trying to remove 38C every evening, one morning i grabbed the first mascara from my drawer, where i keep makeup i don't use on a daily basis.

I was MESMERIZED again! GOOOOOOD why i didn't stick with Curl the first time :D
It is so easy to remove when needed..which is VERY important to me as i don't want to loose my eyelashes at 21)..It makes my lashes so pretty. 38c is really liquid and the brush always has so much of the mascara on it that it always makes my lashes stick together. This one separated each one of them and made me look natural and fabulous!!! And I thought no mascara can stay usable after 1,5 years since you've first opened it.
Yes, it's expensive, but IMO worth every penny.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2006 3:34:00 PM More reviews by bairn

This is one of my favorite mascaras. Its biggest promise is to hold a curl, but since I dont use a curler, Im not qualified to comment on that. My eyelashes black, long, discolored at tips have a natural curl and this product really doesnt take it out, but most importantly, it gives a good amount of color and makes a notable difference to their lushness. It stays on from morning to evening, no flaking or smudging. For longer than that, I remove it and re-apply. It's not a fuss-free mascara. If you are fairly new to mascaras or used to drier formulations, its application may prove too frustrating to justify the expensive purchase. If you still cant resist, have a lash-comb ready. The tube is small, with a standard-sized brush. I routinely press it against the opening, as it picks up too much of the product. The latter seems to get better with time, less liquid, and applies more smoothly then. I layer it gently and carefully, sometimes use a lash-comb, but it's worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2005 5:18:00 PM More reviews by marsk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Im so glad that I read the previous review! I bought this because of that, and I tried it the first time tonight. The mascara is so good!!! Its easy to apply, and doesnt clump or clog. My lashes looks full, separated but still natural. Just like I want it! I would must certainly buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2005 1:08:00 PM More reviews by Scout12

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I can't believe I'm the first to review this mascara. It is my all time favourite choice especially for nighttime use. (I use it in black). Gives the glossiest most lenghening look ever! And has the greatest staying power of all mascaras I have ever tried!
Thruth be told, at first I didn't like it at all - since it feels kind of wet when you apply it, so it was left lying for a long time until I decided to give it another go. And boy! Once I got the hang of this mascara. It is just the best! This one cannot smudge! Never flakes and still removes easily with a proper remover. But that's what you need to get it off. It also has the longest life I have ever experienced in a mascara. The first one I had lasted well over 6 months, of daily use no less, (and that after having been left lying on the shelf for about as long a time), and it still perfomed as if it was brand new. I know you are not supposed to keep a mascara for that long. But this one has never given me any trouble whatsoever. It comes in a metal looking container and the lid shuts really tight which probably is the reason for it's longeivity. And the brush is great, truly separating the lashes and giving them their best curl ever!
This mascara really does all the things that I hoped the Shu Uemura mascara would but didn't. Go out there and try it since it seems to be such an undiscovered star!