February 27, 2015 | 931 users online

Cleansers - Olay - Regenerist Daily Regenerating Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2015 6:17:00 PM More reviews by azncrow7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've used about half a tube of this, off and on since I keep this product at my mom's and use it only when I'm visiting. I have dehydrated combo-oily skin depending on the season that's quite sensitive and acne-prone.

It's a creamy white cleanser with small orange/red beads for exfoliating. I don't personally like the beads since they don't exfoliate very well (small amount of beads scattered in a rich base) and they're scratchier than I'd like, but this is a nice cleanser that isn't drying which I appreciate during the colder months. It's not a lathering type of cleanser, but it cleans my skin well enough to prep me for the next steps in my skincare. It leaves my face feeling softer and smoother compared to many other cleansers I've used; this is one of the nicer cream-type cleansers I've tried for my skin. Note that it's NOT for removing makeup nor does it claim to.

It has a bit of an "Olay" fragrance (cosmetic-cleanser type of smell, hard to explain) that is fairly light, but just be aware. The packaging is in a tube, with a small hole that makes it easy to control how much you want to dispense. I personally might not repurchase, only because I feel this is better suited for drier skin types compared to my combo-oily skin. I'm still happy to continue using this when it's colder out, and might repurchase it if I don't find anything better. I'd certainly recommend this for drier skin-types in need for a bit of exfoliation (via beads and salicylic acid). It's a solid cleanser if you want something that doesn't dry you out, just not one that I see myself hastily repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2015 2:59:00 PM More reviews by BohemianBeauty2

As others have said, it does scratch a bit. The cleanser does spread evenly. Rinses well. Like that it comes in a tube. Would like the option of a pump. Over priced for the quality.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2015 1:33:00 AM More reviews by Aima19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this cleanser. My dry and acne prone skin loves this stuff. I was using the noxzema cleanser for acne but it made my skin flaky and dry so once I used this randomly and felt an amazing skin afterwards. I already got another tube of this even though I still have a lot of left. This is the best product for dry skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2015 3:14:00 AM More reviews by ItsAja

I hate the fact this product doesn't get the credit it deserves THIS ISNT FOR MAKEUP REMOVAL so stop rating it as such. This does exactly what it's suppose to do Regenerate your cells keeping rough patches n dark marks off your face. We all should have a simple foaming face wash to rinse away a full face of makeup this product works my skin sucks n I have to work over time to keep pimples away n when I do get them I scar but this keeps new cells turning over all the time so new skin is consistently being brought to the surface! I got this at Walmart for 5.97 anywhere else your paying almost $9

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2014 1:40:00 AM More reviews by beachytabbyanne

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I started using this to use it up after my mom bought a two-pack of these at a club store, and I realized the more I used it consistently, the better my skin looked and felt. Of course I had this by the sink so I was using it upon waking up, and I was using my regular skincare regimen as well, but I guess recently I haven't had a good cleanser setting by the sink, because once I put this one there and started using it, I washed my face consistently instead of skipping sometimes in the morning, and my skin seems to love this cleanser. I've already repurchased it.

It has a nice scent, and I like that it doesn't have parabens in it, and it isn't harsh, but cleanses really well, especially for in the mornings!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2014 3:35:00 AM More reviews by AhziieSkye

I couldnt find l'oreals youth code foam cleanser anywhere so I ended up buying this. I was a little worried since I have acne-prone skin but from the first wash I was hooked! I LOVE how soft and smooth my face felt (plus my hands afterwards haha). for the first week or two I was getting small pimples. I guess my skin was just adjusting or something but those went away. the smell.. is not something I particularly like but it's not like I'll be smelling my face all day so I can live with it. most face washes will dry out my skin afterwards, but this one didnt. I usually pair it with a moisturizer, but I tried it without for a while and it did not dry my skin. I hate that it doesnt get rid of all my makeup like youth code did, especially with eye makeup. asides from that I love this!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2014 3:08:00 PM More reviews by Jennlw5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Nice cleanser, I remove my eye makeup first then wash my face, it leaves my skin clean with no residue. I would think this cleanser would be good for normal to dry skin and its not abrasive.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/18/2013 7:45:00 PM More reviews by pirinja

It's an alright cleanser if you already have good skin. Unlike a lot of cleansers, it's not very drying, and I rarely have to use moisturizer after I clean with my Regenerist cleanser. It does a good job of keeping skin soft and generally clean.

However, for someone with acne-prone skin like myself, it really wasn't strong enough. It didn't clean out my blocked pores, and it didn't prevent me from getting blackheads all over my nose. It also didn't prevent me from getting new zits. To be fair, it doesn't advertise itself as a cleanser for acne-prone skin, but I think that at the very basic level, a good cleanser should be able to clear out blocked pores. I've tried Neutrogena and Shiseido, and they both clear out my pores almost immediately (although Neutrogena is a bit too harsh for me).

TLDR: Decent cleanser if your skin is already in good shape. Not so good if you need something stronger, or have acne-prone skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2013 1:07:00 PM More reviews by moonshyne777

I use this just in the morning to gently cleanse my serum/cream from the night before. I find it leaves my skin clean and hydrated but not 'stripped' but because it's not so great at removing makeup, I only use this in the am.

At night I opt for gentle, but more effective at removing makeup Aveeno Active Naturals gentle Daily Brightening Scrub which contains more beads in a thinner, more "liquid" as opposed to cream base like this product, hence deeper cleaning. I find that product much better for removing the heavier dirt from the day and makeup.

I would definitely recommend this for morning cleansing or night time only if your not needing to remove makeup. A good cleanser although slightly pricey ($12.49 at Walmart in Canada)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2013 3:31:00 PM More reviews by leahlovesrosie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This cleanser has small exfoliating beads, but they aren't abrasive at all. It's a very gentile cleanser, but I still feel like my skin is getting clean. It smells kind of like apples, but it's very light. I like using it at night. It doesn't leave residue. Overall, it's a very nice, gentile cleanser.