July 29, 2014 | 2091 users online

Cleansers - Olay - Regenerist Daily Regenerating Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2014 1:40:00 AM More reviews by beachytabbyanne

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I started using this to use it up after my mom bought a two-pack of these at a club store, and I realized the more I used it consistently, the better my skin looked and felt. Of course I had this by the sink so I was using it upon waking up, and I was using my regular skincare regimen as well, but I guess recently I haven't had a good cleanser setting by the sink, because once I put this one there and started using it, I washed my face consistently instead of skipping sometimes in the morning, and my skin seems to love this cleanser. I've already repurchased it.

It has a nice scent, and I like that it doesn't have parabens in it, and it isn't harsh, but cleanses really well, especially for in the mornings!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2014 3:35:00 AM More reviews by AhziieSkye

I couldnt find l'oreals youth code foam cleanser anywhere so I ended up buying this. I was a little worried since I have acne-prone skin but from the first wash I was hooked! I LOVE how soft and smooth my face felt (plus my hands afterwards haha). for the first week or two I was getting small pimples. I guess my skin was just adjusting or something but those went away. the smell.. is not something I particularly like but it's not like I'll be smelling my face all day so I can live with it. most face washes will dry out my skin afterwards, but this one didnt. I usually pair it with a moisturizer, but I tried it without for a while and it did not dry my skin. I hate that it doesnt get rid of all my makeup like youth code did, especially with eye makeup. asides from that I love this!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2014 3:08:00 PM More reviews by Jennlw5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Nice cleanser, I remove my eye makeup first then wash my face, it leaves my skin clean with no residue. I would think this cleanser would be good for normal to dry skin and its not abrasive.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/18/2013 7:45:00 PM More reviews by pirinja

It's an alright cleanser if you already have good skin. Unlike a lot of cleansers, it's not very drying, and I rarely have to use moisturizer after I clean with my Regenerist cleanser. It does a good job of keeping skin soft and generally clean.

However, for someone with acne-prone skin like myself, it really wasn't strong enough. It didn't clean out my blocked pores, and it didn't prevent me from getting blackheads all over my nose. It also didn't prevent me from getting new zits. To be fair, it doesn't advertise itself as a cleanser for acne-prone skin, but I think that at the very basic level, a good cleanser should be able to clear out blocked pores. I've tried Neutrogena and Shiseido, and they both clear out my pores almost immediately (although Neutrogena is a bit too harsh for me).

TLDR: Decent cleanser if your skin is already in good shape. Not so good if you need something stronger, or have acne-prone skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2013 1:07:00 PM More reviews by moonshyne777

I use this just in the morning to gently cleanse my serum/cream from the night before. I find it leaves my skin clean and hydrated but not 'stripped' but because it's not so great at removing makeup, I only use this in the am.

At night I opt for gentle, but more effective at removing makeup Aveeno Active Naturals gentle Daily Brightening Scrub which contains more beads in a thinner, more "liquid" as opposed to cream base like this product, hence deeper cleaning. I find that product much better for removing the heavier dirt from the day and makeup.

I would definitely recommend this for morning cleansing or night time only if your not needing to remove makeup. A good cleanser although slightly pricey ($12.49 at Walmart in Canada)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2013 3:31:00 PM More reviews by leahlovesrosie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This cleanser has small exfoliating beads, but they aren't abrasive at all. It's a very gentile cleanser, but I still feel like my skin is getting clean. It smells kind of like apples, but it's very light. I like using it at night. It doesn't leave residue. Overall, it's a very nice, gentile cleanser.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/28/2013 2:14:00 PM More reviews by Rebekah85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I purchased this cleanser in a 3 pack with the deep hydration regenerating cream and the eye lifting serum. On it's own, this product is not expensive at all. It is under 6 bucks at my local drugstore for just the cleanser, not bad!

I love this wash. I have used many difference face washes and scrubs and have never been happy. They either break me out, leave me dry and tight or are completely abrasive to my skin.

This scrub/cream has a gentle smell that I actually enjoy. The exfoliating beads do their job without making you feel like you're taking an SOS pad to your face. I find they remove dead skin while the cream cleanses and moisturizes my face. I cannot attest to how well it removes make up because I always remove mine first with a face wipe. However for those complaining that it doesn't remove your make up, it doesn't claim to do that. Most cleansers on their own, unless specifically formulated to do so, do not remove make up. Try using a wipe or make up remover before hand. I have found that Neutrogenas Calming make up remover wipes in the purple package are amazing and remove ALL my make up, including mascara and waterproof eyeliners, without irritating the skin.

Anyway, this product does as it claims. Even after my first use, my skin looked noticeably different. I had been using Garneirs wash for dull skin and honestly saw no improvements to my face. But this wash has done wonders. Has not caused break outs on my sensitive skin and is a keeper in my eyes. That's saying a lot considering I'm hard to impress in that area.

I will purchase again when I run out and I have recommended this to my friends and family.

Find my other reviews on the deep hydration regenerating cream and the eye lifting serum.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2013 12:21:00 AM More reviews by Tester00

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have oily skin, and this doesn't make me break out! My skin feels very clean and hydrated after using this. I rarely get any pimples after starting to use this product. My pores are a bit smaller, but not that much of a difference. I recommend this to everyone no matter your skin type.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2013 12:34:00 PM More reviews by ladushka

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This cream wash turned out to be a very average exfoliating cleanser. Just like Nivea and other facual scrubs, it contains small polyethylene particles to exfoliate so there is nothing innovative about it. It is relatively mild so it doesn't hurt my skin but it is not soothing either. Bottomline: no polyethylene-containing scrubs for my sensitive skin.

Update:
Yes, it has polyethylene in it, and yes, lauryl sulfate is on the list but it is not a bad cleanser. It exfoliates well, and it is relatively mild. I haven't noticed any side effects so far. Upgrade to 4 stars. I am still looking for organic alternatives.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2013 9:47:00 AM More reviews by saphire82

Very nice, gentle cleanser. I love cream cleansers and since I'm acne prone I'm scared of getting one that will break me out. I don't believe this aggravates my acne. It doesn't remove eye makeup so I don't think it removes face makeup either, so if you really want a good cleanse make sure to take your makeup off first. I like to use this as a freshen up in the morning cleanser. It would be nice if it were fragrance free.