April 20, 2014 | 1670 users online

Treatments - The Body Shop - Peppermint Cooling Foot Rescue Treatment

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2014 8:04:00 AM More reviews by TennilleES

I've changed my mind about this product as my heels are starting to feel smooth!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2013 1:31:00 AM More reviews by Disintigratedwoman

The texture of this product is divine. So rich and moisturizing. The scent of peppermint is quite strong, but I really like it. I've used it once so far - I put some on before going to bed, put some socks on, and woke up to very soft feet. I won't be using this all the time though, for it's a pretty expensive product ($22 Canadian) so I'm going to try to make it last. Really great product though!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2013 6:08:00 AM More reviews by PixxiDust

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have dry cracked feet and am always on the search for that miracle cream to solve all my feet issues. And I have tried loads of products.

Combined with my 2 x a month pedicure routine, I apply this cream every night and it's really helping. It's the best cream I have ever used - my feet are very soft and have a really nice glow from being truly moisturized, not greasy.

This is a cream so it's rich, but it only takes a little while to sink in, and you put it on at night anyway so no big deal. The peppermint is not overpowering in smell or feeling; it's just nice and fresh.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/8/2013 5:25:00 AM More reviews by dri5hti

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Pros:
Hydrates very dry/cracked heels
Makes feet smell like peppermint
Adds a nice glow to dry feet

Cons:
Can get greasy
Smell might be overpowering indoors

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2013 6:33:00 PM More reviews by ashleyanders

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

Claims - True or False?
1) Softens and revives rought, tired feet: Mostly true
2) Cools skin: Mostly true
2) Deodorizes feet: Undetermined

Packaging:
Comes in a small tub with a screw-off lid. I generally like TBS body butter packaging, so I do like this product's packaging. Easy to unscrew the lid, screws back on easily, good for travel, a cute design, ingredients are listed on the bottom.

Formula:
A light whipped pink butter, feels cool to the skin when applied and has a slight cooling sensation due to the peppermint, but this effect is very minor. I'd supplement with extra peppermint essential oil if looking for a more soothing minty tingle (otherwise, a larger quantity needs to be applied to really feel it, which can be overkill and a waste of product). The smell is fantastic, a nice menthol that is not too strong but still obvious. Slightly greasy and a bit heavy but on par with their lighter body butters; ideal for night wear.

Performance:
I like this product, not love. It's not moisturizing enough to really make a lasting change in my skin unless I use it often, although a proper exfoliation of my feet to soften callouses might allow for better results. It does feel nice on sore feet but the tingle isn't strong enough for my liking. I can't tell if it helps with foot odour because this usually isn't a problem with me unless wearing shoes without socks (deodorant on feet when wearing such shoes helps). It's a fun experience though of applying it at night, especially after giving oneself a nice foot spa experience. Usually absorbs over night but some can still be left over in the morning. Does make my feet greasy and slippery so I try to make sure I pair it with socks if I'm going to walk around with it on.

Bang for your Buck:
This is a 100ml tub and the website lists it at about $18. I don't know how much it costs as my mom usually buys it when there are overall sales; this is the only time I'd personally buy it. If used daily it will run out quickly, but if used just a few times a week or just when feet need something extra, it will last longer.

Final Consensus:
Not amazing but I do like it enough that I would repurchase, as I enjoy using it. If I find another product that provides the same type of results or better and for a better price I would definitely replace this with that instead, but it's a nice treat to use on sore feet or when pampering your feet.
* Overall Rating: 3.5/5
* Price: 3/5
* Packaging Quality: 4/5
* Repurchase: Yes

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2013 12:28:00 PM More reviews by yummizu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Apply it on clean feet before going to bed every night and you will have baby soft feet next morning. It's that good! The peppermint aldo cools your feet, making you feel refreshed. Simply great product.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2012 4:59:00 AM More reviews by sha2702

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

do you believe in magic ??? i do after using this foot lotion !!!
it really soften my feet instantly...only using it once and i can feel the difference..but if you want to use it, apply it on night before sleep because the lotion apparently need time to absorb and if you apply it on the morning or before you go to work, you should be careful because it'll be slippery..
about the smell, i don't know if people don't like the smell, but its not a problem for me.. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2011 9:03:00 PM More reviews by wawapanda

Love this product! It makes my feet baby softly instantly and the tingling sensation is a major plus. I have dry feet most of the time so I use it every night. I don't know about the lasting effect, but just for the immediately effect I will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2011 10:42:00 PM More reviews by Sanzibar

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

As a moisturizer, this is ok but not the greatest. It is a wonderful foot treatment though! Walking the dogs nightly in this weather means wearing heavy boots while I trudge through the snow and over the ice. By the time we get home, my feet are sore & tired. After applying this peppermint foot cream, my feet feel refreshed and relaxed. I would buy it again for that reason alone.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2010 12:41:00 AM More reviews by Mooberry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is so refreshing, and i think thats saying alot since it goes on your feet =p I love how long it lasts i put it on once a day and my feet are good even when i work an 9 hour shift. It's replaced my bi-weekly pedicure :)