October 21, 2014 | 1978 users online

Styling Products - TRESemme - Volume and Lift Mousse

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2014 1:31:00 AM More reviews by Gossers

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Thanks to the other reviews, I tried this out and it's the best thing that's ever happened to my hair. My hair is straight and thick, so I've always had a problem with it looking dull, flat, and volume-less. I've tried those bigsexyhair products before, but it always felt sticky and heavy. What I love about this mousse is that not only does it give my hair tons and tons of volume, I can run my fingers though it without feeling any sort of reside or greasiness. If you're like me and you use it everyday, I'd recommend clarifying your hair weekly just to prevent any potential build up.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2012 1:43:00 AM More reviews by bbarry75

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

this stuff works. I separated my hair in to section, put product on the roots only and blew dry. all day volume

update: makes me breakout(like every styling product I have ever used).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2012 2:47:00 AM More reviews by galai_curryqueen9830

HOLY CRAP...I don't know why I never used this product until now!
Ever since a couple of weeks ago, I've always been sceptical about volumizing mousses or cremes that you'd put in your scalp. However, once my hairdresser styled my hair and gave me HEIGHTS of volume, I began searching for a cheaper alternative (She used Bumble & Bumble) to a volumizing creme/mousse.

I purchased this at a local grocery for under $10. I tried it last night after I washed my hair and it does an amazing job!! Not as great of a job as the volumizing creme by B&B, but this also doesn't come at the price of B&B products.

I followed the directions. Applied a generous amount (I have a TON of hair) onto damp hair, focusing on the roots. I then blow-dried my hair as usual, and once my hair was 90% dry, I began drying my top layers opposite of how they usually sit on my head to get extra volume. As I was blow-drying the hair that had the volumizing mousse, I could feel the product expanding as my fingers got a tiny-bit sticky, and I could feel that my hair had some grip/texture in it. When I finished stying it, I was amazed! I had amazing volume that I normally would not get through regular blow-drying! On top of that, the volume stayed!!

The product itself is a very emolient mousse, not too thick but definitely has some texture to it. It smells OK - the smells wears off after a while. What impressed me so much was that it gave me the volume that I thought I would never achieve from just blow-drying and this product!! In addition, because there is a slight stickiness to this product, I feel like it will definitely hold the style/volume!

I feel like the only downside to this product would be the product collecting in the roots if you don't shower it thoroughly but other than that, I definitely feel this is worth your money! A bang for your buck! I have coarse, asian, stick straight hair with long layers and if I was able to achieve such amazing volume, then imagine what it could do to finer, shorter-layered hair!!
I definitely think this is a MUST if I'm going out. I would shampoo, use this, blow dry, set it with velcro rollers, back comb, and curl to get the most voluminous hair ever!

I will definitely purchase this again, and this will definitely become my cheap HG volumizing product!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2011 6:36:00 PM More reviews by MermaidTears

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This mousse is so good for volume. It gave me serious va va voom hair, I was so surprised the first time I used it. It smells good and doesnt make my hair look dull the next day. I've tried a million volumizing products and would say this is the best mousse. On the bottle it tells you to use 3 full pumps and even though it sounds like a lot it really does work best when you use more.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/27/2011 12:47:00 AM More reviews by littlemissdaisies

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this mousse. It leaves my hair bouncy and soft. It smells good and doesn't make my hair feel greasy or oily like alot of other products. I would definitely repurchase this because it makes my hair look really good.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2011 9:09:00 AM More reviews by hersheykiss2087

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is the BEST volumizing product that I have EVER used! Seriously! I did my hair in the evening and when I woke up the next morning it was STILL voluminous! How is that even possible? Normally when you wake up your hair is flat and smooshed to your head... but not with this product!! A product that actually does what it says it will? Who knew?!

It's not sticky or heavy and it smells great. Plus, the fact that it's affordable is a huge plus for me! I also love the fact that it's heat activated.

You have to try this product!!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/4/2010 1:22:00 PM More reviews by dollief

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Does absolutely nothing for my fine, straight hair. Waste of $3.97. Going back to John Frieda.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2010 1:19:00 AM More reviews by artsyjill

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this mousse. I bought this a while back and tried it once but for some reason didnt think it really worked for me. I went back to it when i was moving around things in my bathroom cabinet and I was shocked! I LOVE this product! I dont know what I did wrong when i had tried it before but now if I go a day without noticing it, my hair looks limp and boring without the great volume i get with this product.

I put this on damp hair after showering. I squirt out two maybe egg sized or smaller pumps of product and with my hair flipped over I work this through my hair from root to tip. I do brush the product through at this stage and while blow drying with my hair flipped over. I found this helps to distribute the product and have smoothness when blowdrying is finished. I feel that this gives great movement to my hair without greasiness, oiliness or stiffness.

I will definitely repurchase this product!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/20/2010 9:38:00 PM More reviews by tourmalinequeen

This product is being greatly overrated here. I'm in my 50s, have lived with fine, stick straight hair all my life, tried hundreds of 'volumizing' mousses and this is one is nothing to rave about. Very, very average. Only thing at all worth mentioning is the cheaper price.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2010 12:35:00 PM More reviews by girlbotxx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This stuff really works...My hair has been thinning, and I have somewhat noticeable spots where you can see my scalp ( crappy part about having dark hair). I wanted something to beef up my hair a little bit until I can make it to a doctor/dermatologist.This stuff really gave me back some self-esteem about my hair! It is so cheap, I can't believe it. If you put it on when your hair is wet, and then blow dry your hair upside down, you can even flat-iron it and it keeps the same crazy volume! Seriously lifted the roots. Lifesaver to anyone with thinning hair!