NARS Amour

4.5

Talc, Cetearyl Isononanoate, Stearoxy Dimethicone, Acetylated, Lanolin Alcohol, Cetyl Acetate, Isopropyl Lanolate, BHA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Triclosan MAY CONTAIN: Mica,CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide) CI 77491 CI 77492 CI 77499 (Iron Oxides) CI 15850 (Red 7 Lake) CI 45380 (Red 22 Lake) CI 45410 (Red 28 Lake) CI 12085 (Red 36 Lake) CI 12085 (Red 36) CI 19140 (Yellow 5 Lake) CI 77007 (Ultramarines) CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Greens) CI 77289 (Chromium Hydroxide Green) CI 77000 (Aluminum Powder) CI 15850 (Red 7)

on 3/13/2015 9:14:00 PM

I typically gravitate towards plums and shimmery blushes, but I opted for Amour on my wedding day. Amour is a matte medium toned "peachy pink" and given that NARS blushes are famously pigmented, I think this would work on a wide range of skin tones. I believe I am a MAC C4 and this quite flattering on my warm-leaning skin tone. I neglected to thoroughly blend this blush on my wedding day, so it ended up looking quite garish, but on most days, it blends beautifully and is probably more natural looking than my usual preferred plummy check hues.

I don't think Amour is terribly unique, but NARS blush formulation is one of my favorites - the longevity is great and it applies smoothly and evenly.

The packaging sucks. Now that I've had my NARS blushes for several years, the rubberized texture on the compacts have broken down, resulting in that tacky "attracts all kinds of dust and fingerprints" appearance and feel. For $30 a blush, I would expect better packaging.

on 3/12/2015 10:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This a great blush. It's very pigmented and has a smooth texture. The color brightens up my face. I have Dolce Vita as well, which I also love.

I really do like this blush. Extremely pigmented with a smooth texture. It is soft and finely milled. Essentially, a very little goes a long way. I have used it as an all over blush, depending on the look I am going for, but I primarily use this with a very light hand just in the the very center of the apple of my cheek to add a pop of color along with my other, softer hued, blushes. Just sort of brightens me up a bit, which I do need. My skin is a dry NC25 - NC30, so I am very particular about my blushes. I really do not care for cream or gel blushes, so finely milled, very pigmented blushes are the best way for me to achieve the non-pancake look face.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a gorgeous blush. It's a pinky-mauve color. I saw it on a friend and had to get my own... Once I did I was hooked! NARS does a great job at making very pigmented blush. You only need a small swipe of it and the color pops. Love it!

on 1/22/2015 12:26:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've used Amour Nars blush for about three years. I hit pot last month and thought I'd try something new, but I came back to this because it's the perfect pink on my fair-medium skin. It lasts and lasts and lasts and is perfectly pigmented. Doesn't break me out. It also doesn't mix with my foundation at the end of the day and end up looking like a greasy blotch of color. It stays pretty well.

on 11/30/2014 9:39:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This blush is very nice but is a lot more pigmented than I'm used to. I am used to blending (and it does blend nicely) but this shade was a just a little too dark for my skin tone. Since it's so expensive and it wasn't perfect for me, I returned it (Thank you Sephora!).

on 11/1/2014 4:01:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I initially went into the store with another blush in mind, but the sales associate suggested I try Amour. Once she'd brushed some on I knew I had to get this one instead. This blush helps me look more awake and evens out my natural flush. I will say, though, that it's best to be precise with placement because while Amour is blendable the pigmentation is concentrated enough that fixing mistakes can be time consuming.

Pros:
* extremely natural color, like a true cheek flush (matte)
* very pigmented
* long-wearing

Cons:
* easy to over-do it; you need a gentle hand

on 10/16/2014 8:16:00 AM

My new HG blush! Very pigmented. Gives a rosey glow. Very flattering on medium skin tones

on 7/29/2014 2:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Amour is a beautiful color for slightly more medium-darker skin tones because it is a deeper matte pink. This will look good on lighter skin tones if applied very lightly and blended well but I think the color will be too strong as it is super pigmented.

Since I am tanner, this color works very well on me and has a natural look to it (I did pinch my skin and the reddish color was the same as the blush lol). I love using this blush especially when I'm in a rush and have no time to put on much makeup because it adds a natural color and dimension to my face making me not seem like a zombie.

on 2/14/2014 11:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is my first NARS blush suggested to me by girls here on the board and I am sold. This is a perfect flushed shade. I am NW20 and never would have picked this shade. I steer clear of anything that even remotely looks peach. This tricked me, lol, it looks peachy pink but it's not. It's more of a rose color on me. I think this might pull more peach on warm skin tones. I am cool and it just looked rose.

The pigment, wow. I was not ready for it lol. Be careful! I used too much and had to tone it down. It gave me a real radiant look that I haven't seen with many blushes. No shimmer or anything which I prefer now as I am older. This lasted me all day with no wear. Most blushes last me all day anyway because I am very dry but in summer I do see wear. I don't see being one that will fade on me in summer, it is very pigmented.

I would buy this again, even with this price tag. That says a lot because I will not put money down for something high-end again unless I feel it is truly worth it.

Popular Blush Products