October 24, 2014 | 976 users online

Blush - Clinique - Blushing Blush Powder Blush - Smoldering Plum

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2014 7:15:00 PM More reviews by SuzanneDee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

My pan didn't seem like it wanted to share its blush with me. No matter how much I swirled my brush across it, there never seemed to be enough on the bristles. I finally took a toothpick and scraped at it angrily to get it to loosen up.
And when it did, it delivered the most wonderful flush to my dark-skinned cheeks (I match NC 40-42 in Mac). If you've tried, you'll know how hard it is to make deep skin tones appear flushed. Most pretty pinks simply vanish. Not Smoldering Plum, however. And it didn't look powdery or grey either.
But for goodness sake, I cannot be mauling a strip of blush every time I want some colour on my cheeks. What's gives, Clinique? Clearly not your blush pan.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2014 10:38:00 AM More reviews by dddoxie

I don't think Clinque blushes get enough love around here these days. This is an amazing product; finely milled, not powdery at all, blends beautifully and looks very natural. In the pan it looks like it would be on the shimmery side, but once applied to the cheeks, it gives a subtle, sophisticated sheen to your cheeks.

Even though this is a plum shade, it's not intimidating in the least. You could easily wear this as an everyday blush or deepen it up for an intense look.

The only reason I didn't rate this a 5 is because it's not very long-lasting on my skin. I have combo/oily skin and not very many blushes last more than a couple hours, sot his one is on-par with the majority of blushes I own as far as longevity is concerned. But don't let that deter you from purchasing it. I'll be adding a few more shades to my collection very soon.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2014 2:32:00 PM More reviews by petra1973

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i love this blush, i bought a sample, not sure if it suited me, but it is so pretty on my skin
im fair, not the pallest but fair, im fresh ivory in clinique anti blemish solutions and ivory 6 in the stay matte.
i have pink undertones, and this blush works perfect for me

rated 3 of 5 on 12/15/2013 1:02:00 AM More reviews by libbier

the colour in the package looks pretty but for me the colour does not really show on my face even when i have applied it over and over again with my shisiedo blush brush. however, the colour comes off better with the little brush it comes with which is quite surprising. i guess the plum colour does not quite compliment my golden medium skin in the summer so i tend to use this in the winter when im a bit lighter. from experience, i must say this blush does look nice with a full glam look (like with full coverage matte foundation, dark eye makeup and plum or dark lips).

i will definately repurchase the blushing blush powder but in a different colour :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2013 9:04:00 PM More reviews by breadbuttajam

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this for nearly 10 years and it is really pretty
suble shimmer
pinky plum colour
makes you look naturaly rosy.
doesn't last too long on me but that is just my skin as I am dry on my cheeks and am sensitive so cannot use primers and fixing sprays..but I don't mind, ill just add more on, only takes a few seconds.
never broke me out.

packaging is gorgeous,
I love Clinique blushers they are beautiful.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2013 1:18:00 AM More reviews by lichi79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I met this blush color when they had a GWP. When I tried it, it was the color I was looking for, so I bought it. It is a true plum, with very mild glitter which is not seen once on the face. I wanted a color that I could use when I didn't want a full face of makeup, no contouring and then a separate blush. Kind of like an all over powder for fair skin. It is a very pigmented, blendable blush, that lasts a long time. Also, Clinique products are very hypo-allergenic for my sensitive skin. The absolute best of this blush is the package. It has a big mirror and a very good brush (if you compare to other brushes in compacts). I would reccommend, but I heard this color is discontinued. BUT Clinique has superb blushes that are very underrated.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/8/2013 7:27:00 AM More reviews by Ljmarsh

Lovely texture doesn't feel heavy on the skin and the colour works really well with my skin tone. Doesn't look shiny or glossy which makes it look nice and doesn't give the skin shine.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2013 12:38:00 PM More reviews by jealouspony

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I first received this blush as a sample and have since then purchased the full sized product. It's the perfect colour for fall and winter and the shimmer in it isn't overwhelming.

I think it goes well with my pale complexion and even though I'm more warm toned and this is cool toned, it still goes well together.

It's easy to work with and the colour is quite buildable. It lasts a good 6-8 hours for me as well, which is important.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2013 4:00:00 PM More reviews by Emabo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I LOVE IT. I don't think I've ever bought a blush that goes so nicely with my skin and other characteristics. It goes on and stays on very well. Te shimmer of it is beautiful.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2012 7:34:00 PM More reviews by AmazingBella

This is the perfect fall/winter shade for me. I tend to get pretty pale during this time and this color just looks gorgeous. I got it as a sample and never really reached for it. One day i saw it and decided to give it a go. I've been using it every single day since then. It seems very shimmery but i don't think it seems that shimmery after you apply it to your cheeks.