August 21, 2014 | 1489 users online

Polishes - Sally Hansen - Hard as Nails with Nylon nail polish

rated 3 of 5 on 12/2/2012 5:30:00 PM More reviews by BlueTutu

I have this in clear. I apply 2-3 coats on its own, I have never used it with another nail varnish. It does make my nails feel harder when initially applied. However it starts to peel off my nails after a day or two. When it peels it can sometimes take some of the top layer of my nail with it. I can't feel this or anything but it leaves my nails feeling rough and in worse condition than before I applied it. Not the worst but I won't be repurchasing.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/20/2012 11:34:00 AM More reviews by kes1234

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Waste of money. This does not stick to my nails.
I wear nail polish all the time and have no problems but this stuff chips (or sometimes peels off) within a few hours even when used over or under other polishes.
It has never lasted long enough for me to know whether or not it makes my nails stronger. Very unimpressed, would not buy again.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/9/2012 9:41:00 AM More reviews by missmelanierose

Make sure to check your ingredients with this one. The basic "Hard as Nails with Nylon" contains DBT (dibutyl phthalate), which is known to cause birth defects. This ingredient was removed in the "advanced" formula.

I used to love this nail polish, but it's not worth hurting myself over.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2011 10:49:00 PM More reviews by HuyenChau7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have this polish in "Kiss Me Creme", and I must say, this is absolutely brilliant!!! I love love love love (times 10000000) this polish! The color is such a true deep red, and it's quite opaque! Very impressed! I coat is usually sufficient, but just to be sure the color is as true as can be, I put on a second coat. Although, I never really notice a difference in color when I put a second coat on....it just makes the nail thicker :/

Anyway, this polish is fantastic! And I find out of all my polishes, this is the best I have ever used for konad stamping nail art!!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/18/2011 3:12:00 PM More reviews by kaberly

Alright- I bought this at Target for relatively cheap in Sheer Vanilla. So I apply one coat- very sheer, like the name. I apply the second coat- beautiful, absolutely beautiful milky color.

But- after it dries (probably 1 hour later...) I poke it with my other fingernail, and there it is. A dent.

This nail polish is gunky- gooey, clunky, etc. I have also tried Sheer Strawberry- the results were the same; gooey, gluelike, clunky. Except the color was more pink.

Will not buy, and will be talking absolute trash about this.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2011 11:09:00 PM More reviews by danceinthedark4ever

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this nail polish! I'm wearing the colour 'Applause' right now, it is a medium metallic purple. Gorgeous colour. I'm a self-professed nail polish addict, and this colour is just fantastic! It looks great with my skin tone and it's not too flashy, but not boring at all! I got this nail polish a long long time ago in Walmart, so I forget the price but I'm gonna give it a 3 for price since Sally Hansen isn't expensive (most aren't). This is a great polish (must be like the millionth time I've said that :P )! I would buy it again, but I probably won't run out until very far in the future (I still have quite a bit left).

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2011 9:38:00 PM More reviews by kristine26

very nice product. I use the "clear" all the time to keep my nail more soft so it protect them and make them more "elastic" lets say and it doesnt break! I have natural long nail. The only thing is that it get off easy like after a bath or some cleaning. So i need to apply very ofter (each 2-3 days). but since its clear color its okay. I never use acetone btw. Its the only products who works for me!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/26/2010 4:22:00 AM More reviews by Sianreya

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Hmm, I bought this in clear.

Not amazed, definitely don't buy if you think it will harden your nails.

After more than one coat this polish becomes quite tacky and does chip off after about 3 days.

A really matte finish, no shine which was also dissapointing

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2010 9:33:00 PM More reviews by dmchee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the worst nail polish I've ever used. It takes forever to dry. In fact, It never fully dries. First off, it was rather runny, so I had to apply 3-4 layers. Two hours after applying the final coat, the top of one of my nails lightly brushed against my arm and the polish was ruined and I had to re-do that nail. Several hours later, I went to bed and when I woke up, my nails had tiny scratches. Three DAYS later, I went to the beach and the sun most have softened the polish because the sand and fuzz from my sweater stuck to the polish and wouldn't come off. I didn't have nail polish remover with me because I was on vacation, so I had to walk around with crap stuck to my nail polish. Into the garbage you go!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2010 1:29:00 PM More reviews by athenasius

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I'd buy this again in a heartbeat, in fact I already have. This is a terrific polish and shade. I bought #17 called Demure Beige in a hurry on vacation for a simple shimmery nude.

What I got was a long wearing, almost chip free slightly shimmery rose gold beigey nude polish that doesn't stain my nails even without a base coat, and lasts forever.

It doesn't dry well when you use a second coat but you won't have to. This has one coat coverage, even without a base coat. How EASY! Don't bother with base or top coat or second coat, one swipe and you are done.

I have very flaky nails that chip and peel and flake easily, when they aren't tearing off horizontally exposing the quick. This polish protected my nails and I ended up growing them out a lot more than usual.

Most polishes seem to stain, even with a base coat, but not this one.

I've already bought myself a second bottle for use at home, saving the first one to keep as my "travel" polish. This is rapidly becoming my top favourite over OPI and Essie and even Rimmel's latest square bottle. I'm going back for more shades!

AND it ONLY COST ME 2$! At Walmart.

The best part is that it is a dupe of a 20$ Estee Lauder polish that I wanted and didn't get before it was discontinued. It goes on like a rose gold beige, with a fine shimmer to it. I was looking for something exactly like that, but the colour in the bottle is more pinky beige so I'd never even noticed it at the store in the past, thinking it was a bit ugly even.

You have to try this to see. Even if you hate it, it's only 2$!