December 18, 2014 | 1526 users online

Lip Liners - MAC - Cremestick Liner - Beurre

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2014 3:18:00 PM More reviews by UDMAC

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i was originally looking for MAC whirl to achieve the Kendall Jenner lip look, but every counter was sold out so i ended up with this shade instead. However, I prefer the formulations of the cremestick liners as they're much creamier and long lasting, and it comes in an automatic pencil so it requires no sharpening. Onto the shade- this is a couple shades darker than MAC whirl. Whirl is more of a pink, while Beurre is more of a thick matte neutral mauve leaning on the cooler side. It is similar to MAC lipstick in "creme in your coffee" shade wise, not finish wise. I like using this lipliner on its own or paired with a neutral nude like MAC velvet teddy. For clarification, on my NC 35 skin tone, this is not a natural or MLBB shade.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2014 4:57:00 PM More reviews by taylor123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

MAC's cremestick liners are my favorite lip liners ever. I own 2 other shades but this one seemed to be a great pick for the fall months. It's a beautiful dirty plum shade, it's pretty close to Whirl which is one of their regular pencil lip liners but it's a bit darker and more plum rather than pink. I'm an NW40 and I have quite pigemented lips, this color really shows up well and looks really compliments my skin tone. I often have issues with liners being too nude and not showing up or washing me out but this color is perfect on dark complexions and even lighter ones as well. The consistency of the cremestick liners are to die for, very smooth and creamy, glide across the lips very effortlessly, never had issues with the tip breaking off and i LOVE that theyre retractable and no sharpening is needed. The staying power alone is worth the 16 dollars as well, I can wear this for about 6 hours without even having to check it in the mirror. No fading or bleeding! This color also pairs well with my pink and mauve lipsticks very nicely. Definitely check out this shade or even if it's not your cup of tea, the cremestick liners in general are wonderful products.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2014 10:40:00 AM More reviews by stimwink1

This is a neutral, matte dirty plum color on me. Just like how Mac describes this. I saw one of the You Tube Guru's use this with a look imitating Kylie Jenner. I'm not trying to look like a 17 year old but I loved the natural matte look this gave so I stopped at Mac to pick this up. Absolutely love wearing this on it's own as a color. It stains and lasts throughout the day no problem. If I need a pick me up I keep a low gloss balm handy and it's beautiful. I particularly like this when my eye/cheek color is a little heavier so I can understate the lip but I love this with a soft neutral eye too. One other reviewer said there isn't much product for the price but I'll keep buying this because I just love the look. If you are looking for a close dupe DS brand try NYX in Natural, Plum or mahogany (depending on your skin tone) they give a close same effect. But I'll indulge in this one!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2013 6:16:00 AM More reviews by yoshiii

Love this lipliner! It's a very sexy dark pink. I pair it with MAC Jubilee lipstick, which is a nude lipcolor, but I feel this color blends well with numerous other pink shades since it paired well with the nude color. I was honestly reluctant about nude lipshades, bc nude just looks stark white on my full lips, so I used to avoid nude shades at all costs. However, the MAC sales associate paired the two together to try on me, and Beurre brings out a nice, pretty pink tone from Jubilee.

Great for day (casual or at work) or night.

My only gripe is that there isn't a lot of product for the price, so I don't use this lipliner everyday. But I still love it overall.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2012 10:57:00 PM More reviews by ChocolatCake

I had my doubts about this at first, but I love it! The MAC SA actually recommended another lipliner to pair with Hug Me at first, but I told him I wanted to see Beurre. He brought it out and we mixed it and the result was gorgeous! He was even surprised with the pink-caramel color that was on my lips. The formula is great and glides nicely across the lips. It's rich, creamy, and pigmented. Also very versatile. Thumbs up for Beurre!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2011 11:46:00 AM More reviews by lirial

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Though it's a bit darker than I expected, I really love this neutral liner that pairs well with many shades of lipstick or gloss. My favorite combination is Myself, Beurre, and Boy Bait for a neutral but defined lip.

The twist-up packaging is great, as I hate sharpening pencils.

I bought a backup.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2011 3:27:00 PM More reviews by sophie019

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this lipliner, it lasts it looks natural when you apply it lightly. but this colour is very dark, I thought it would have more of dark pink colour but on my light pink lips it almost looks brown. the sublime culture is probably a better match for me. but love this product a lot!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2011 7:22:00 PM More reviews by dundada

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Black

I have bought about four Beurres in my lifetime! I loved this all of 2009 to 2010! I used it a lot over concealer on my llips and then topped it with Viva Glam V lipstick for an early 60s Mod or Bardot lip look, and it was gorgeously soft!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2011 6:44:00 PM More reviews by mihnea

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

ULTA's Automatic Lip Liner in Plum is a spot-on dupe for MAC's Beurre. A beautiful everyday liner and the staying power is crazy good. Enjoy ;)

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2010 2:19:00 PM More reviews by 3buzyboyz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The perfect nude/pink shade that goes with almost any color of lipstick or gloss.