Mane 'n Tail Shampoo

3.7

Water, Sodium Lauryl Sulphate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cocamide DEA, Glycol Distearate, Fragrance, Hydrolyzed Protein, Sodium Chloride, Citric Acid, DMDM Hydantoin.

on 3/28/2015 7:57:00 PM

My hair has become longer and thicker very slowly. Not sure if its this alone or a mixture of giving my hair a break from dye/heat alongside using the mane n tail shampoo & conditioner. Either way I will continue to use this as its very affordable and hopefully i will continue to see results!

on 3/18/2015 11:19:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this shampoo from the equine section at work lol and also purchased the conditioner. I used them both for a while habitually and then kind of off and on and now I don't even know where they disappeared to.

Basically this is a decent shampoo and conditioner. You get A LOT of product as the bottles are huge and the scent is bleh. It doesn't smell pretty or feminine but it smells like cleanly.

I would NOT recommend this to someone who colors/processes/heat styles their hair. This is like a duo best suited for virginal/unblemished hair. Nowadays everything is free of this or double that. If you do any of the aforementioned you should buy the hair products that are geared for those needs; protein rich, moisture-rich, sulfate-free, etc.

OH and this stuff will not make your hair grow faster/longer. The only means of helping that process along are things like water, vitamins, proper diet, blah blah, heat protectant, blah blah, abstaining from all hair alterations (color/styling, etc)

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I used to use this when I was in high school and cut my hair once super short. I have in between wavy and curly hair. Gets oily within 2-3 days. I think it works best for hair that isn't color treated or too damaged from the beginning. for 8 years I have been rotating shampoos and conditioners like crazy and haven't found any other product that leaves my hair like this one. recently had to come back to it. I also love the smell. My hair feels super clean and becomes very soft and shiny when it's dry. I use both shampoo and conditioner. No idea why I even stopped using this in the first place.

on 3/10/2015 10:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

I remember using this shampoo when I was growing up and loving it. I saw that the shampoo was on sale at my local drugstore, I picked up a bottle as I needed a shampoo and was getting bored with the current brand I was using. I was actually very excited to see if the results from the past would again be seen this time around.

They weren't. The shampoo was fine, just fine. It cleansed my hair and smelled good. But I didn't notice a difference. I guess I was hoping to be blown away or at least love the shampoo as I had when I was younger, but it didn't happened. A plus side is that you get A LOT of product for the price you pay. So much so, that I couldn't finish it and had to retire it.

Good but not great.

on 3/9/2015 4:14:00 PM

I purchased this product because it was on sale for buy one get one free. I remembered my mom said she used it to help my hair grow when it was lost due to perming. I am now 2 years natural. I have a curly wavy texture to my hair. A year ago I went in for a trim and the lady cut my hair instead and I have since than been trying to grow it back, in which it was down my back past my bra strap. When she cut it it became neck length. Nothing worked for growing my hair until I found the Mane And Tail Shampoo and Conditioner. I noticed tremendous growth. My hair is still growing as I use the products. My hair produces a lot of oil so I wash every 2-3 days. I don't really like the feel of my hair after using the shampoo or the conditioner so I use another conditioner that makes it soft and has easy slip. Overall I will be buying this product again. I understood that it probably wouldn't help my hair grow because everyone is different but the product did not dissappoint me. The smell is not bad it smells like medicine to me.

on 2/28/2015 11:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

For reference, I have virgin Asian hair. I don't use any styling products and rarely use heat. I didn't notice any difference in hair health, growth, or shine after switching to this shampoo. I used it in conjunction with the Mane 'N Tail conditioner at first, but also started rotating other conditioners (Dove, random samples) when I found the matching pair didn't work as well I would want. However, it is a reasonably priced low-fragrance no-frills shampoo which suits my needs. It goes on sale frequently at Sally's too.

Overall, it's a regular shampoo. I may repurchase again if nothing new catches my eye.

I didn't notice any significant change in hair growth or shine when I switched to this shampoo. Not particularly great, but not bad either. It was just regular shampoo to me.

on 2/20/2015 1:08:00 PM

I washed my hair with this shampoo last night for the first time and it's awesome!

I don't know how much it was, as I wasn't the one that bought it, so I can't comment on the price, but the quality of the shampoo is great. It smells great when you wash and there is no smell after you dry it. My hair is silky and manegeable, and I got about 5 compliments at work today.
I started using biotin because I was losing my hair due to a medication I was on, but it made me very sleepy and super tired all day. A friend got this shampoo for me and I can't wait to see if it will really help with growth also, so no more biotin for me!
I highly recommend this

on 2/10/2015 12:28:00 AM

This is a very good shampoo, especially if you have oily hair! I have pretty medium-thick, LONG, wavy hair and when I use this it makes it even MORE volumized! It does tend to get a little drying, so I'd recommend having another shampoo (possibly sulfate free or a cleansing shampoo) to get rid of any build up. I have really oily, color-treated hair that I can only go about a day inbetween washes, but I noticed that I can go an extra day or 2 without washing my hair if I use this.
Your hair may seem a bit "waxy" or "stiff" after you get out of the shower, but when your hair dries it is so soft and beautiful! Plus, the conditioner is my most favorite of all time! The only downside is that it's not as "thick" and creamy like most conditioners. It's actually very light and slightly "watery". Both the shampoo and conditioner don't really have that "flowery" or "fruity" smell. It's just a plain out shampoo smell I guess lol
Btw you can find this in the pet shampoo isle or Sally's! Haha, strange right? But it's so worth the try! I definitely recommend!

I am trying to grow out my hair, and I did not notice a difference. BTW, I gave it a chance and waited till the whole bottle was finished

Popular Shampoos