January 31, 2015 | 2139 users online

Shampoo - Mane 'n Tail - Shampoo

rated 3 of 5 on 1/25/2015 6:53:00 PM More reviews by chocoNIKKI

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had high hopes for this shampoo, because I've read on numerous blogs that this was supposed to make your hair appear healthier as well as grow thicker etc. While none of this happened for me, it was a fairly good shampoo regardless in terms of cleaning etc. Nothing special but at least it didn't cause my scalp to flake, and it smelled fairly nice.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2015 8:07:00 PM More reviews by karadownthehill

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this shampoo! It really cleans out my hair! I only need to use a small amount on my armpit-length hair in order to clean it. I use it after doing an oil treatment, and it cleans all of the oil out of my hair beautifully! I do coconut oil treatments about 2-3 times a week, (sounds like a bit much, I know, but my hair loves it!) I massage it throughly into my scalp for about 1-2 minutes every time I shower, and all of the coconut oil is out of my hair just like that! I used to always get oil residue left behind with other shampoos!

Since using the shampoo and conditioner, my hair has been much more manageable. The only issues I have is that it may be leaving build-up in my hair. I have very hard water though, so I'm not too sure that it is the mane n tail causing the gunky-ness. I clarify every two weeks anyway.

My hair has also been getting a lot thicker since I started using it. I am also taking biotin right now, so that also helps, but I do think that mane n tail contributed to making my hair thicker. I don't know if it has made my hair grow faster, but it definitely makes my brittle, curly hair stronger. Although I still get split ends, they definitely don't get as bad as when I first started using it.

I will update this review if I notice anything else about this shampoo!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2015 5:47:00 PM More reviews by princessmeowmeow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

PROS:
- My hair already grows fast (an inch a month) but with this shampoo, my hair grew 2 inches in a month :D
- Relatively expensive in my area ($12 CDN) but I hear that it's a steal compared to other shampoos that claim to increase hair growth.
- Doesn't dry out my hair and leaves it moisturized too!

CONS:
- No smell :( So I use a nice-smelling conditioner!
- The bottle is heavy and I feel like I'm lifting weights when I use it, haha!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2015 1:08:00 PM More reviews by annamx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This shampoo is amazing!! I use the conditioner along with it and it makes my hair feel and look so nice.

I bought this because I heard it made your hair grow faster, but I've only used it twice so I'm not too sure about that yet, but I can say that even if it doesn't make my hair grow, it's still amazing. I have really curly/frizzy hair, and as soon as i used this foundation I could see a difference straight away. My hair was very tame, more wavy than curly, and there's no frizz at all. It makes my hair so soft and shiny, which is a huge plus as my hair is quite damaged from putting highlights in my hair over summer. It wasn't only me who noticed the difference, everyone I met the day after my first use were complimenting me on my hair and asking what I'd done different. Overall, this product is amazing, well worth it.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/18/2015 4:26:00 PM More reviews by mimislamb

This shampoo is gross. A coworker recommended it because she said it would help my hair grow fast after I cut it. Not only did it NOT help my hair grow any faster, but it doesn't smell good...and then it hit me: Why am I using shampoo intended for horses??? Sorry but there's too many good human shampoos out there to be using this junk.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/13/2015 7:55:00 AM More reviews by amirahzulkefli

I read many reviews on this and its either you LOVE it or HATE it.

I HATE IT. It made my hair so dry. My hair is already dry and damaged. Looking at how hyped this product is, about promoting healthy and long hair, I gave it a try. It didnt even clean my hair well. It just made my hair felt dry and frizzy.

I dont recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2015 3:21:00 PM More reviews by Prinny88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

What can I say? Horse shampoo, everyone I've told so far has looked at me like I'm mental, but it works!
I was reading loads of stuff online about how to strengthen hair and this popped up on one of the sites, considering most thickening and/or strengthening products cost an arm an a leg I was doubly surprised to see this featured, so I had a look on amazon and for 7 for both the shampoo and conditioner I thought why not?

So after using this for about 4 weeks now I can say it's a really good shampoo, cleanses the hair without being harsh, no nasty smell (it's pretty neutral actually) doesn't strip it or make it dry at all, would defo buy again.

*TIP make sure you always do 2 washes to get all the dirt out and massage the scalp with medium pressure but not too hard as it will over-stimulate the oil glands and you'll have to wash it again all the sooner (try using flat fingers rather than finger tips to massage)
Xx

rated 1 of 5 on 1/8/2015 7:22:00 PM More reviews by natalie275

HATE THIS STUFF!!! I bought it at Sally's Beauty Supply in a big bottle as well as the conditioner. The shampoo made my hair sooooo greasy and it smelt weird. Over time, it gave me so much build-up and my head was bleeding. Be careful if you try this product!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/8/2015 3:23:00 AM More reviews by biniya123

Don't know why but my hair would fall out after using it, I stopped used another shampoo not as much hair fell out and went back to the tail n mane shampoo and the same thing happened more hair would start to fall out, but I think its because I have a weakened my scalp from over coloring my hair, my sister who never has dyed her hair it hasn't affected her with hair fallout

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2015 2:24:00 AM More reviews by inezhor

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love it! It's great and does its job well as a shampoo.
Nice, clean and healthy feel to my hair.
I bought the conditioner too. I'll go back to this after I'm done playing around with other brands such as Shisedo/ Rene Furterer/ Loreal Sulfate-free.