August 2, 2014 | 1637 users online

Shampoo - Matrix - Volumatherapie

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2014 10:03:00 AM More reviews by JulieTaboulli

Well, I love this shampoo. I have fine, color-treated hair that lacks volume, can get greasy semi-easily, and is dry on the ends. I've been looking for a new line ever since they reformulated Nexxus's Color Ensure line (the original was AWESOME. The new one is awful, don't waste your time). I think this is a suitable replacement.

There is a noticeable difference volume-wise whenever I use this, so I tend to use it on "special days." It styles easily, doesn't result in any buildup, and has a nice light scent that doesn't linger. My favorite part is that it is paraben free (which means no dimethicone). Although this may scare off some people because they don't feel the "slip" they are used to during conditioning, I promise this is better for your hair -- no cones means no buildup which means mega shine. It's a little unsettling for first timers without cones, but the results are so worth it. My hair looks super healthy and happy.

Bottom line: I do love this shampoo. It's a little light, so I sub in my deeper cleaning Paul Mitchell Strength every few days for good measure, but no buildup, nice volume (really!) and smooth, SHINY hair. Thumbs up, I will be repurchasing.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/7/2012 12:17:00 PM More reviews by tigerlily1787

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This shampoo has a very pleasant, light scent and leaves my hair feeling very clean, like a good shampoo should. It doesn't weigh my very fine hair down, but that's about as much as it does volume-wise.The lather is nice, but the problem I have with this is that it clogs the pores along my hairline and forehead, and gives me bacne down the middle of my back where my hair lies while I'm showering. I always rinse with a body wash and face wash after shampooing/conditioning, but I guess my skin really hates this stuff. I wouldn't repurchase for that reason, but overall it's a fairly decent volumizing shampoo, even though I'm sure there are much better for the price.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2009 10:49:00 PM More reviews by xoxAllyxox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I used this for a long time, but it wasn't doing anything for my hair. I switched to TiGi Superstar and finally have some some volume, my hair feels amazing.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2007 7:18:00 PM More reviews by 3buzyboyz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

After the first use, I liked this product but it went downhill from there (quickly). The longer I used this product the flatter and more weighed down my hair became. Within a couple weeks,my fine, thinning hair was a mess and I returned the product. I will NEVER try this product again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2006 7:15:00 AM More reviews by getsinyoureyes

After using this for a couple weeks Iíve concluded that this doesnít give me any volume. And to add insult to injury, this shampoo leaves a weighty film on my hair. When I come out of the shower my hair just feels nasty. I do love the understated and clean scent of this shampoo though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2006 7:22:00 PM More reviews by DKER

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this shampoo. Cone free, not stripping, light scent, no residue. Espcially good with the matching conditioner or the original Conditioning Balm.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/7/2006 1:05:00 PM More reviews by Pattieb

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I found this on sale when it was called bodifying volume shampoo. They have since repackaged it and changed the name. This didn't help. My hair is fine, but I have alot of it. I get it thinned out every five weeks. This shampoo dried out my hair and left me with flyaways galore. I tried using the matching conditioner and that didn't make any difference. I even tried using the Biolage conditioning balm and that didn't phase it. Please don't waste your money. This is yet another line of volumizing shampoos that thinks the concept of stripping your hair is the only way to give it volume.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2006 12:27:00 PM More reviews by sunderance

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

LOVE this. Adds body to my superfine hair. Even after the first use, my hair was full and shiny. I will def. purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2005 1:13:00 AM More reviews by bethany117

This is great...gives my long hair alot of volume and still moisturizes really well, which I've found is hard to find. I've also tried the conditioner and the volumizing spray gel, they both volumize really well also without weighing your hair down. Will certainly continue using. Would definately recommend.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2005 8:05:00 PM More reviews by fallface

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've read about this new shampoo in several magazines, and everyone seemed pretty impressed. I am now too. My layered hair is very light, and soft and oh so shiny! I also have tried the Volumatherapie Bodifying conditiner, and it is a very nice side kick to the shampoo and doesn't weigh my fine hair down. Will definately repurchase.