October 24, 2014 | 1735 users online

Hair Treatments - Giovanni - Direct Leave in Conditioner

rated 3 of 5 on 9/26/2014 11:10:00 PM More reviews by frippery

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

This is the first protein leave-in conditioner I've tried. It's super thick and hard to distribute-- I'm having a hard time using it as a leave-in. Maybe I'll try mixing it with water before applying to wet hair.

Right now I rinse it out. I like that it is silicone free, detangles well, and doesn't leave an greasy residue but I not really seeing it do much (no real surprise, as it's not supposed to be rinsed off).

I've tried this as a refresher in dry hair (a little bit mixed with water) and it defines my hair and cuts frizz pretty well but also leaves it a little stringy.

Smells nice (earthy, not too strong) and it's very affordable (I got it for $5.50 at drugstore.com).

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2014 7:54:00 PM More reviews by curlsofgold

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This stuff is AMAZING. I have super curly 3b/3c (mostly) hair. It moisturizes my hair so nicely it takes a sec to absorb but it is great. It helps maintain and detangle my hair. It also defines it like crazy, I don't even need a gel. I deff recommend to any hair type, this lady in the store I was talking to about it had slightly wavy hair and it works for her too! Try it !

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2014 11:40:00 PM More reviews by jrobsf

This is wonderful for my 3b/c, low porosity, fine curly hair. Don't even need gel with it. About a teaspoonful does the trick.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2014 1:18:00 AM More reviews by Ferrishyn

Wow this stuff is amazing! I found this by sheer accident in the clearance section of Ulta. I had doubts about it because I can never find any leave-in that actually works on my very thick, coarse, long, and wavy/curly hair. First time and it was already a huge difference. Shiny, glossy, smooth, not heavy, detangles, and no frizz. I am shocked.

I like this brand overall, the moisturizers, etc., they're all natural and have great ingredients. Somewhat hard to find in stores though. I find them on Vitacost. they're VERY affordable and do what they say and more.

Without blowing my hair out it left it very shiny and no frizz with my waves all glossy and lightweight. When I did a blowout with it, wow. Volume and shine like I never have had before with a leave-in. I highly recommend this stuff if you have the same hair type as me.

I found it on clearance for $1.99 and it normally goes for $7.99. I could kick myself for not grabbing more.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2014 5:24:00 AM More reviews by UrbanObsession

I can honestly say this is the first leave-in conditioner that works for my hair! My frizzy, long 3b hair drinks this product up and I rec for all curly girls n guys.

pros:
Highly Moisturizing
Natural Ingredients
Adds glossy shine
Defrizzes/detangles well
Affordable
Curl Definition

cons:
Difficult to find in stores
Not a fan of the smell- reminds me of wilted flowers:/

Overall, I'm loving this...it could be improved by removing or improving the scent which I find very gross and strong smelling in my hair, imo all Giovanni products I've tried smell like crap which may be due to their use of natural ingredients and plants. I searched high and low for this condish and finally found it on the clearance shelf @ Ulta for $2, if it weren't the last one in stock, I would have gone back for more cuz it's that good! Crossing my fingers it's not on the way to becoming discontinued..sigh..

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2013 9:14:00 PM More reviews by Sunnydelite62901

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I brought this at whole foods after reading a blog about good detangler's, although my hair is not thick or coarse, it tangles terribly, horriable knots and snarls, and mind you I do oil treatments, barely heat style and don't dye it, just recently (about two months ago) I did a ombre hair color and found the tangles were unmanageable after shampooing and I use a tangle teezer and a wide tooth comb, plus a wash out conditioner tired of ripping my hair out upon detangling I found this I still use a Kinky curly detangler from my neck downward and this from the nape of my neck downward I couldn't believe it the comb glided right through with no tugging, pulling or snarls. so if you are looking for a good adult detangler this is awesome!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/29/2013 9:19:00 AM More reviews by duchess67

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought this after hearing rave reviews on YouTube. I paid $9.99 for a bottle. Somehow it made my hair sticky and not soft at all. I absolutely hated it and so I gave it away. Guess it all depends upon one's hair texture.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2013 11:45:00 AM More reviews by KatWKSF

I think this is a pretty nice leave-in conditioner. To my fine, damaged hair, I don't want to use one that is too heavy or oily, or my hair will be completely weighed down. This product feels like it's going to gone on heavy, but it doesn't actually weigh my hair down. Now that I've read other reviews, I noticed everyone mentioning that it has protein in it. My hair does not respond positively to protein long-term, so I won't be using this every day. However, I did use it after doing a deep cleanse on my hair, and it worked great. My hair blow dryed out very smooth & shiny. It has very little fragrance (which I like), and a little goes a long way. I would keep a bottle on hand for when I do my hair deep cleanse.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/27/2013 1:11:00 AM More reviews by melbear

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I didn't like this product from the first time I used it. I felt like it didn't add any moisture and made it feel dryer (obviously from the protein). Now I use it in the shower, after rinsing out my conditioner I put a small amount of this stuff into my hair let it sit for a few minutes, then I do a quick rinse so some of this product stays in my hair. I do prefer using it this way.
I won't be buying this again.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/17/2013 1:27:00 AM More reviews by Abstraction

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I can't say I am all too impressed with this leave-in. I expected, as a leave in, for it to keep my hair moisturized and my ends healthy. I've been using this for about a month or so with no issues to start ... but the past couple of weeks I've noticed a lot of breakage and hair fall. I tried everything to cut back on that with no success. Until earlier tonight I looked into it & discovered this is a protein leave in. Now, this is my fault for not looking into the product more before purchasing ... but as I read the back & from what I'd seen here & there on the web there's mention of "moisture".

I'm not going to purchase this again ... but anyone looking for a protein leave in, here it is! Might be good for others ... just not what I'm looking for.