August 20, 2014 | 2070 users online

Conditioner - Ojon - Ultra Hydrating conditioner

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2013 1:08:00 PM More reviews by violetmist

I have been hopping around a lot trying new products with some success and some failure. I pulled this out of my archives and I was very pleased with the results. Why I moved on I'll never know. It delivered a LOT of moisture but didn't weigh my hair down. I have fine, colour-treated hair, lots of it and it is wavy so it needs work to tame it. My hair was incredibly shiny too and that hasn't been the case with my recent experimentations. It was as shiny as it is with a glossing serum (but without the silicones). It is a rather thick product and yes it is difficult to get out of the bottle but so what. I find that you need an ample amount of it and when your hair is wet it will not feel slick and coated like some conditioners which give you a false read on whether it is moisturizing your hair. I would recommend for the people who said it was drying that they need to use more. I believe they would be very pleased with the results. I'm going back to Ojon products 100%. I'll experiment with makeup but not with my hair - it isn't worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2013 2:54:00 AM More reviews by cossci21

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Have tried many conditioners, I have thick, dry, unruly hair and dandruff and found that this conditioner is the only one that hydrates my hair as well as manages my dandruff.
The ingredients used are excellent, the smell is interesting, I prefer sweet smelling conditioners but this smell leaves your hair smelling fresh and clean.
My husband tried this conditioner as well and loved it as his dandruff cleared after a few washes an hair was much shinier!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2013 3:48:00 PM More reviews by PaleBrunette

I received a sample and I used it during a long soak in the tub.
It did a fine job of hydrating my long fine hair, but it did not detangle well. Great herbal fragrance. Will not repurchase because I need the detangling that other conditioners provide.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/10/2013 8:55:00 PM More reviews by marshiemallow14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I found that the conditioner was hard to get out of the bottle. Loved the smell, and it felt great to apply, and left my hair feeling good but it was such a chore to get out of the bottle.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/13/2012 12:53:00 PM More reviews by DianaMarie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I bought this at a big sale at a local upscale salon - I have yet to use a worse conditioner. I have coarse, wavy colored hair and this made my hair look frizzy and feel like straw. I couldn't wait to get back in the shower! The smell didn't agree with me at all - I read here that someone compared it to the old Flex line - that is EXACTLY what I thought when I smelled it! And I hadn't smelled Flex for well over 25 years! I couldn't stand the smell of Flex and I can't stand the smell of this conditioner either. I never had a conditioner work so poorly.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/28/2011 1:47:00 PM More reviews by Leslie2877

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Two things I love about this conditioner: the texture with the shea butter and the scent. That's it. I have other conditioners that are way cheaper, way more hydrating, and way more effective than this one. I tend to use a lot of conditioner as well, so it doesn't last as long. I probably won't buy this again.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/16/2011 5:57:00 PM More reviews by cherrycolacherry

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

A much-hyped product that did not deliver. I have fine, curly hair that is on the dry side and this left my hair feeling like straw. I'll stick to Deva from now on. Very disappointing.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/14/2011 1:56:00 PM More reviews by idressyou

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

The only thing saving this from the lowest rating is the scent. Extremely sub-par and overhyped/overpriced product. Did absolutely nothing to hydrate or condition my hair. I equate the results I got to Dollar Tree conditioner. $9+ for a travel sized, 2 oz. bottle that I needed 3/4 of to get my hair barely covered. The flip caps on the bottles are terrible. I cut my shower-softened thumb when I tried to flip it up. I had to use a wash cloth to get it open. Thank God Sephora has an awesome return policy, because this is definitely going back.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2010 6:29:00 PM More reviews by MsLove

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I purchased the travel size of this, along with the corresponding shampoo. I really like the Ultra Hydrating shampoo. But this conditioner was very average. It is somewhat thick, and there is a silicone in it (amodimethicone) which requires a sulfate shampoo to remove.

I shampooed with the Ojon Ultra Hydrating Shampoo, rinsed, and applied this to ends and lengths of hair. I found that it doesn't detangle or soak in immediately - but if you wait about 5 minutes it does make your hair softer. You have to give it time. I wouldn't rate it as a super fabulous detangler, but it does drench hair with rich oils. After the shower, my hair felt soft and didn't dry out very quickly.

While there are good nourishing oils in the ingredients list, for the price tag $26 per 8 oz bottle of conditioner, I personally would prefer to invest that directly in the Ojon Oil treatment and use my regular moisturizing conditioner (Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose, Kenra Moisturizing, Trader Joe's Nourish, Nature's Gate Aloe Vera, etc.). You can follow up with the Ojon Restorative Treatment and get better results than using the conditioner.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2010 6:34:00 AM More reviews by simi531

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Thanks for reminding me that I forgot to review this! This is not hydrating enough at all and reminds me of just another regular conditioner. It may work better for those with fine hair b/c it just is not moisturizing enough for me. Overall though, I really do not think that it is worth the price tag. The shampoo still contains SLS, etc. and the conditioner has many of the basic conditioner ingredients. Just thought this would be more of a great natural line, but the the ingredients are not that special, minus a couple of oils thrown in here or there.