November 24, 2014 | 1963 users online

Gels/Soaps - Philosophy - Candy Cane 3-in-1

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2014 7:49:00 PM More reviews by Saspants

I really like this product and hate that it has been discontinued and replaced with "Peppermint Stick" for sale during the holiday season. While you would think the difference is non-existent, for some reason PS has a more sugary smell to me. This small difference makes a whole lot of difference for my use.

I suffer from severe migraine headaches, and this product works wonders for easing the pain and helping me to relax. In the past my headaches have gotten so severe that I ended up in the ER hooked up to an IV. I have learned to look for the triggers that indicate a migraine is forthcoming and then try to manage the symptoms to reduce their severity.

When I start seeing halos or floaters in my vision, I know the clock is ticking. I try to get home to my sanctuary and start a steaming shower and use this gel in the shower. The peppermint oil clears my sinuses, allowing more oxygen into my system and the hot water improves circulation allowing blood flow to pull away from the throbbing in my head. Afterwards I take my medication and lay down with an ice pack on my face and the migraine will subside in 4-6 hours.

Philosophy also made a sugar scrub in this scent and it was wonderful as well. Both are products that I hoarded for medicinal use all year round. I did buy some PS this past winter and while it smelled nice, it just didn't have the same effect on my migraines. I wound up giving away all the bottles that I purchased and have since started using Dr. Brommer's Peppermint Castille Soap since it is stronger. Works on my migraines but dries out my skin.

Philosophy please bring back Candy Cane!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2014 5:31:00 PM More reviews by AmazingBella

This smelled very nice and refreshing. This was my first time using a philosophy 3-in-1 product. It was so creamy and you don't need much to start up a lather. I personally would only use it as a shower gel. I tried using it as a bubble bath and it took a lot of product for me to get any type of bubbles.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2013 10:17:00 AM More reviews by FakeLashes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I like this but I don't love it, first it's expensive in Europe but I buy these occasionally as a special treat because I do love the Philosophy's 3-in-1 products. I'm a mint lover so I had to get this, I got it at christmas and saved it to use in the warmer months, because it's a refreshing scent. But I do wished it would smell more like vanilla/cherry mixed with peppermint because then it would be more of a candy cane scent. My bottle smelled like straight up toothpaste and sometimes I even felt like I was showering with toothpaste! It does give a cooling feeling/sensation so keep it away from your private area (it even says so on the bottle). I do like it but not enough for the price, because the scent was not that "special" for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2013 5:30:00 PM More reviews by ryanhill

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product smells like the real thing. It is thick and creamy and lathers nicely. Another great thing is it gives you that great peppermint tingle cooling and refreshing. I really enjoy using it . HOWEVER the only thing I will warn you about is do not use it on your nether regions. I made the big mistake 0f soakng in a bath with this and got a uti...(should have read the bottle) otherwise love it

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2013 1:11:00 PM More reviews by violetnights

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I look forward to buying this every year, they change the packaging every year too which is fun. Some philosophy shower gels make me itchy or just smell too sweet for my preference, but I don't have these problems with Candy Cane. The scent is true to name and it does not linger after you rinse off. Call me cheesy but the holidays are a special time of year and using this is a nice way to put yourself in the spirit on an otherwise cold and dreary morning. I really like this product because you can use a little bit just to get the job done, or you can pour a lot onto a loofah and really treat yourself to a nice lather without having to worry that your skin and body will be stripped of moisture or that you will smell like a candy cane all day. I will repurchase again and again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2012 2:07:00 PM More reviews by MsSexyDivine

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

I got a little mini size of this in a set from Sephora last year & this smells just like real candy canes, it really puts me in the holiday spirit. A little of this goes a long way.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2012 4:24:00 AM More reviews by lizzea

I wanted to love this, but unfortunately for me, the scent is way too strong and the formula actually burned me a bit. It is full of questionable ingredients which surprised and disappointed me. Will stick to the body shop or bodycology!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2012 3:19:00 PM More reviews by PrettyBrownEyes2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I saw a bottle of this in one of the guest bathrooms at my Grandma's house so I asked if I could have it. I thought the relatives who had recently visited left it behind.

The smell is great, very therapeutic. That is the best description I would give it. I wish it was sold all year round, and that the price was lower.

I like that the scent doesn't linger on me, it gives just the scent I need while I am enjoying a hot shower.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2011 11:47:00 AM More reviews by tabloid

I don't have a sweet tooth, so I never eat candy canes, but every year I decorate my Christmas tree with them. This really does smell like candy canes and so it puts me in the mood for celebrating the holiday season.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2011 3:19:00 AM More reviews by sarah2202

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

As other reviewers have stated, this is definitely a true candy cane scent. I got a 120 mL bottle in the holiday set - I love travel sized products because I get sick of scents very easily.

I like the creamy lather. It's a pretty average cleanser but it's not too stripping. I enjoy Philosophy products for the wonderful scents, and this one is one of my favourites.