October 23, 2014 | 1743 users online

Body Scrubs - 100 Percent Pure - Vanilla Bean Buttercream Scrub

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2014 1:04:00 AM More reviews by QOH

The smell is very very pleasant. And it's all natural!
The sugarcane grain is so tiny and it melts during the scrubbing process.
The base is organic oil so please expect it to be VERY oily.
After washing away the scrub, it will still leave the skin super oily. But smell soooooo divine. I don't need any more moisturizer after scrubbing! And the next morning my legs and arms look so good and smell soooo nice.

Love it and will repurchase.

The only downpoint is it will leave your bathroom slippery.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2014 6:41:00 PM More reviews by Nancygia

Sorry, but I don't agree that this is all that. It is very oily, which makes it not only potentially a hazard in the bath or shower, but isn't good for pre-shaving since the oil keeps the hair from being fully prepped for a close shave. It also isn't good for anyone who, like me, gets body acne easily. I'm all for pampering scrubs (though this one doesn't even smell particularly good) but this one misses the mark.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2013 11:05:00 PM More reviews by Lapiz

All of those 5 star reviews you've read on this product, hailing it as the best scrub in existence, the holy grail to end all quests for the perfect scrubs? Yeah they're all true.

This stuff is unbelievable. Seriously-- you're not going to believe how amazing it is until you try it for yourself. I got a $5 coupon for Ulta and picked this up after the reviews here and it's been my best beauty investment of this year.

I use this as a dry scrub before the shower. But make sure you're standing in the shower when you use it because they will be a lot of fall out! I tried it on wet skin, but it's just not as effective and I get way more mileage on dry skin. After a thorough scrub with only a bit of a couple small scoops, I shower like always and finish with incredibly soft and moisturized skin. I don't even need to finish up with body lotion after this treatment because it is that moisturizing.

It leaves the shower floor rather oily, but nothing a wipe down with Windex doesn't fix.

Try it for yourself! Your skin will love you. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2011 5:21:00 PM More reviews by Noboho

Hands down, best scrub I've ever used. All vanilla lovers must try this. It's a total indulgence. I bought the mini 6 oz. jar to try it first (even though I knew I'd love it) as it is pretty pricy. The cost is so worth it. It smells incredible. It's like the best gourmand vanilla scent. It smells so buttercreamy with a hint of maple syrup (I actually really like that.) It's a sugar scrub and it does a nice job exfoliating my skin. It scrubs well and then it just melts into your skin! The heat from the shower warms up the smell even more. It leaves your skin soft when you're done because the oils just sink right into your skin. This is the first and only product I've ever used that's allowed me the luxury of not having to put body cream on after I shower. Can't wait to keep repurchasing for as long as they make it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2011 11:47:00 PM More reviews by Mommy818

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

THIS SMELLS LIKE FROSTING!! If you love super sweet over the top cupcake/sugary frosting you will LOVE this. It is hydrating plus it's a hard core scrub. It leaves your skin super soft but not overly oily like some scrubs. This is just a beautiful product/formula/scent.....everything. I cannot say one bad thing about this!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2010 6:01:00 PM More reviews by BobMoose

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The coconut scent and this vanilla smell the same to me. Neither of which smell like coconut or vanilla. I am typically a huge fan of vanilla scents but to me, the smell is very strong and it gets old real fast. I do like the ingredients and performance, though. Also, I don't need to moisturize after using as it leaves oil on my skin. I may repurchase in a different scent if I don't find another natural brand that I like better.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2009 1:51:00 PM More reviews by seasplash

I really, really hate to be the bearer of bad news given the glorious reviews, but I don't really care for this scrub. I had a gift card to Ulta so I decided to give it a try after running out of The Body Shop's Coconut scrub, which I normally use. First, the scent is completely overwhelming to me. I like vanilla bean scents, but this was just too much -- definitely more on the sugary buttercream part. I just didn't feel fresh after using it. Second, I didn't enjoy the oily residue it left behind. I mean, don't get me wrong, I love using oils on my skin, but the ones that sink in fairly quickly. This just sat on my skin for hours after the shower. I also hated how slippery it made my bathtub feel.
And lastly, I really don't think that it performs all that great given it's $22 pricetag. It does a good job exfoliating, but it also felt a little harsh on my skin and it made it itch and burn afterwards (perhaps I'm allergic to something in it?). All in all, it's not a bad product and I can see it working/appealing to a lot of people, especially if you love sweet bakery scents. I unfortunately am not one of them.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2009 6:08:00 PM More reviews by erin_s_1708

After reading all of the reviews for this product, I had to run out and get it. I am so glad that I did! Wow! First of all, the smell is amazing. I literally couldn't stop stiffing the tub. In addition to the smell, it really works well at smoothing and exfoliating the body. My skin felt so silky affterward. I am definitely going to check out the other products in this line. My only gripe is taht it is a bit expensive for a scrub, but it is worth it to me since it works and doesn't contain harsh chemicals.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2009 6:44:00 PM More reviews by keltime

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i am so happy with this scrub! i have a mild case of keratosis pilaris (rough bumpy skin in certain areas) and this gets rid of it completely. i've been using it once a week so far, and my skin feels so smooth and supple. i will definitely be buying this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2009 5:56:00 PM More reviews by zowye2002

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got the sample version. It leaves the skin soft and way over moisturize leaving a bit greasy forcing me to wash the area afterward. It works great after shaving or waxing or after a day at the beach. Smells good just make sure to have it on the fridge if you don't want the ants dancing around the container. I will suggest this for people with very dry skin.