October 25, 2014 | 1795 users online

Lipstick - Clinique - Butter Shine Lipstick - Raspberry Rush

rated 1 of 5 on 4/17/2014 7:05:00 AM More reviews by dierregi

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I buy many make up products from Clinique because they are decently priced and usually good quality. They do not have a huge range in terms of colours, but usually can provide neutrals and basic.

Since I used chubby sticks and lipsticks from the Long Lasting line, I decided to give Butter Shine a try. Sadly, this product does actually feel buttery... That is, greasy.

Even if I always use lip liners, it has a tendency to bleed, does not feel like moisturiser but merely greasy and the shine has a "cheap" effect. Finally, when the temperature started to raise (not tropical summer, but merely warm weather), the lipstick actually started to melt, exactly like butter. Will definitely not repurchase. Never ever.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2011 4:50:00 PM More reviews by sarahdams

This was my first time trying a Color Surge Butter Shine lip stick. It a very creamy and buttery lip stick, and when applied it almost looks like a gloss. This is a mid tone berry color with a hint of shimmer. The staying power is good. It comes off, like other lipsticks, with drinking and eating.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2009 2:12:00 PM More reviews by Chickeys

I love the ButterShines (my first was Berry Blush) -- they are moisturizing, have beautiful colors, and are packaged impeccably...so when I finally ran out of Berry Blush (down to the nub! The only lipstick I've ever finished!), I scoped out new colors at Sephora and finally picked this one. I thought it was too pink at first, but it's lovely -- the berry aspect of the color is a perfect complement to the pink tones. Has a subtle hint of shimmer too, nothing garish or sparkly. Applies like a dream, staying power is fine (have to reapply after eating, no surprise), and doesn't dry my lips out. Clinique has NAILED the lipstick/gloss hybrid, and its name is ButterShine! Lovely silver bamboo packaging, reasonably price at $14. Get one of these and see for yourself, girls!!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/18/2009 8:54:00 AM More reviews by nancy2choo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My first butter shine lipstick. Been looking for a lipstick that would math my Mac sheertone Blush "Hushabye" to complete my fall/winter look. Finally found it. It gave berry colour on my lip, not too pink. Easy to put on. The colour shows through, which is great because my lips have lot of colour in it. Go well with my dark hair and dark eyes.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/16/2009 1:43:00 PM More reviews by Integra97

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this color (just reordered it after using up my first tube) and love the texture of the ButterShines. This shade is a beautiful raspberry sorbet color, not too subtle, not screaming pink either. It is perfect for when I want color, but not too much color. And I love the glossy appearance the ButterShines have when first applied. Unfortunately that disappears as soon as you eat, drink, or touch anything to your lips. That is the downside with these - they last maybe two hours, tops, before you need to reapply. Which is a pain. But I guess it is impossible to get something with a creamy moist texture like these have, and also staying power. You can have staying power along with lipstick that dries out your lips, or you can have creamy moist lipstick like this that needs constant maintenance. Willing to deal with it at least on days that aren't too busy because this is such a great look.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2009 10:44:00 AM More reviews by mikemikemike

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this lipstick in pink goddess in store after I tried it on there. At home I figured out, that that color is so invisible on me, that it didn't make any sense for me. First I thought about giving it to my mother in law, since she likes the NARS blush in Orgasm. That lipstick is the perfect match for that! It's a very sheer peachy-pink with a golden touch.
At the end I exchanged the lipstick to the Rasberry Rush - color.
And- for going out at night you really get a rasberry-pink! For daytime you can pat it on to get a more natural look. Perfect for me!
The buttershine really feels like butter on the lips. After all, I like the feel of theNeutrogena Moistureshine better on my lips. That feels more like a fresh liptreatment, which I like!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2009 10:18:00 PM More reviews by evakser

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Wonderful lipstick, medium pink berry color, actually darker than I expected, but it's really nice. Very smooth, moisturizing, lasts longer than I expected, too. Feels great on. Very happy with this color and this lipstick. Goes on like butta! I did try Berry Blush, and didn't like it as much as Raspberry Rush. I'll have to try other colors. Nice looking packaging, and great product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2008 12:17:00 PM More reviews by pmnixa

My buttershine obsession continues with Raspberry Rush. This color is not one I would choose for myself but the Clinique lady suggested it so I tried it and it's gorgeous. It's a pinky red. Looks very nice against dark hair and eyes. Clinique sticks this in the "Violet" category but to me it's not purple in any way. If you like this Berry Blush is similar in tone but lighter/more natural. The buttershines are perfect - they are creamy and don't try out my lips (like MAC's lustres), and they last a relatively long time.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2007 12:26:00 PM More reviews by Windupdolly

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This was my first Butter Shine Lipstick, and I really like it. This color can be a bit dramatic if you apply a lot, but I think subtle effects can easily be achieved as well, and either way it leaves the lips looking soft and dewy. I wear NW15-20 or BB Warm ivory, and I think this berry shade is quite flattering. The only problems I have with it are that the staying power isn't the longest (as others have mentioned) though I don't mind to much as the texture is great, and the tube which doesn't seem to retract unless I literally push on the lipstick with my finger.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2007 4:57:00 AM More reviews by littlelamb

A medium rosey-plummy colour with a little shimmer - applies sheer and comfortable and looks like a gloss. Great packaging but this l/s doesn't last too long on my lips. I prefer Fresh Watermelon to this colour, but will be repurchasing this in other colours!