September 23, 2014 | 1821 users online

Lipstick - Clinique - Butter Shine Lipstick - Pink Goddess

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2013 12:40:00 PM More reviews by deliberateangel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I love this lipstick. It's like a rich buttery balm. It's a demi sheer pink color. It's glossy and shiny. It doesn't have great staying power but one wouldn't expect such a formula too. Totally awesome and the packaging is pretty and sturdy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2012 9:59:00 AM More reviews by Sjess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Lovely buttery lipstick! The color matches NARS Orgasm blush, which is the reason why I bought it in the first place. I was nicely surprised by how it feels on my lips. Lastability is mwah, but what would you expect, it is a very soft lipstick. I kind of feel that this is the perfect combination of lipstick and lipgloss! I think I have found my HG lipstick/lipgloss :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2011 10:03:00 PM More reviews by ebidebby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Clinique isn't one of my normal brands, but on a whim, I purchased this lipstick at Sephora. I didn't have any similar colors, and the word "butter" seemed appealing. It was $14 US, and I got the shade Pink Goddess. The container reminded me of bamboo, and it didn't feel cheap, but it didn't really draw me in.

They weren't kidding about the butter - the stick is so soft, I'm afraid I'm going to ruin it. It had no scent, and even though I like scented lipsticks and glosses, it was nice. On my lips, the texture was somewhere between a lipstick and a gloss. After one coat, my lips felt almost oily, but it wasn't a bad feeling.

The color was fairly sheer and very shiny and shimmery, but not garishly so. I liked the ultra smooth and slippery feeling without the stickiness many glosses have. My lips are not especially dry, but this lipstick kept my lips moist and conditioned for at least 4 hours at a time. I haven't had any flaking, but I've read some reviews on Makeup Alley that report some drying. Overall, this lipstick suited me well, and I'd give it a B+. I'd like a bit more color payoff, but the texture is pretty dreamy.

(I copied and pasted this from my blog)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2010 9:46:00 AM More reviews by neveranaddict

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really liked my almost finished "428 Pink Goddess" lipstick from Clinique. I am very fair and usually lipsticks look stronger on me. This lipstick is the perfect shade of pinkish RED though, with a strong glossy shimmery look, but I knew that (bought it at Sephora after testing it). But if you buy this online and you are fairy skin you should know this is will not be a pink for you but rather a red.
The consistency is very moisturizing and looks a very nice flattering and not too cold shade of decent red. Whenever I want that pouty red look I use this lipstick. Anything redder than this will not work for daytime (imo) unless you are going to a fashionistas gala and you can impress everyone with the latest tendencies of strong matte red, I'd say pink goddess is the perfect red for daytime.
I also apply it by smudging it with my fingers (it looks more like a dark shimmery look) with a lip brush (more like a lipstain dark pink look) or normally of the tube.
It's so soft that unless you keep it in a freezer (I always forget abt that) eventually it will lose its shape and it will be hard to apply on lips but you can still use it with brushes and fingers.
I really loved it (now I ran out of it, all of it because I used it to the last bit with a brush), it's very well pigmented and if you are skillfull you can even use it as a blush for cheeks (but on a very light veil unless you want to look like you have a rash), because it's a darker pink but not too dark and just enough muted to work well with the day light and the office neon light too.

CONS: I wouldn't advise buying this lipstick online as the picture of the product does not show it's actual color on skin or on lips. That's my only con about this lipstick, that's why it's a 4 and not a 5.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2010 11:11:00 PM More reviews by bloodyroses

Bought this totally on a whim, since I usually research what I want to buy on MUA and also because I never really gravitate towards Clinique products. And I was very pleasantly surprised, since I never tried it on my lips at the counter until after I paid for it (the testers were just way to gross). It's a warm, deep, rosy pink with shimmer. Wears really nicely on the lips--very moisturizing (EXACTLY what I need on my very dry, reactive lips) but it lasts for quite awhile and won't come off too much while eating, drinking, even smooching! The entire day today, I've been using it as a very pretty lip balm. Makes my lips feel so comfortable. The stick is quite, soft, so you'll have to be careful not to go so hard over your lips, but that such a minor fault. Also, there is no scent in this product, which I love. I am very sensitive to smells. Will be repurchasing and will be looking to buy more colours! Love the packaging, too!

EDIT: I had to take off a lippie because it actually does dry out my lips and gives me flakies, just not as bad as other lipsticks. I will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2009 3:13:00 PM More reviews by Mishcab23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was actually really iffy on this in the store. I'm not huge on dark pinks because sometimes after they wear off a bit they can leave a hot pink stain. I was browsing in the Clinique section at 8 at night, looking like total poo and when I tried it on I wasn't wowed... Until I backed up and really took a look at the color in conjunction with my whole face. It not only was a beautiful color but it complimented my skin tone (Medium olive/yellow undertones).

I will say by far one of the best looking colors on me. It's very close to my natural lip color but with a softer creamy texture. The only thing I do not like is that it's super soft, it would be very easy to smoosh or break if you aren't careful. I would recommend using a lip brush to apply.

The color isn't a true bubblegum pink as the name might lead you to believe! This is a dark "pink". If anyone has ever seen or had a bottle of plum wine that is what this color reminds me of. It's not a red wine/dark burgundy though! Plum wine is a clearer reddish wine, if you've seen the color of it you'd know what I mean. It has a hint of gold lustre in it as well. Not super sparkle! If you didn't already know it, you wouldn't know it was there. It just gives it a little extra.

Would def. recommend to people with olive skin or more yellow undertones. Especially if you also have dark eyes and brown hair.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2009 3:29:00 PM More reviews by celticfaery

I LOVE this lipstick! The color goes on smoothly, has a sort of medium mauvy pink shade that looks wonderful on my skin. not too coral or peachy. almost with a silver undertone. I combine it with lip balm and have pretty good results with it's lasting power. I reach for it more than any other lipstick.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2009 8:30:00 PM More reviews by shelovesyou

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

the color is a bright medium pink. It has a nice shimmer, and is pretty shiny. i personally really like this lipstick, i think it is a great color and provides good moisture. the staying power is ok, it doesnt last forever but i wouldnt take off a lippie for it. it has a good consistency, the name "butter shine" pretty much sums it up....but not in a bad way.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/14/2009 9:19:00 PM More reviews by anhnh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Nice packaging, okay color, goes on smooth. First it does make my lips feel soft but after about 1 hour it dries my lips out.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/3/2009 10:26:00 AM More reviews by mikemikemike

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this lipstick in store after I tried it on there. At home I figured out, that that color is so invisible on me, that it didn't make any sense for me. First I thought about giving it to my mother in law, since she likes the NARS blush in Orgasm. That lipstick is the perfect match for that! It's a very sheer peachy-pink with a golden touch.
At the end I exchanged the lipstick to the Rasberry Rush - color.
And- for going out at night you really get a rasberry-pink! For daytime you can pat it on to get a more natural look. Perfect for me!
The buttershine really feels like butter on the lips. After all, I like the feel of theNeutrogena Moistureshine better on my lips. That feels more like a fresh liptreatment, which I like!