November 22, 2014 | 1845 users online

Lipstick - Clinique - Butter Shine Lipstick - Apple Brandy

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2014 8:47:00 PM More reviews by MelanieSin

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my HG red lipstick. It's just gorgeous!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2013 5:46:00 PM More reviews by ktdetails

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

I didn't know I've been looking for this color the whole time. So, I'm tricky with lipsticks. Cool toned pinks never looked right, Mauves too purple, Peaches and nudes weren't right either. I always thought reds where too dramatic. Many are. This is perfect. A medium sheer color - warmed apple red - glossy at first - and after a couple hours - it looks like it could be my natural lip color -- This is the color I need. Red. Not matte opaque heavy red. Modern wearable red. I will need multiples of this. I wish they made it in a balm stain.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2013 11:14:00 AM More reviews by Rachel1234

I am fair-light skin color, warm-nuetral ...... and on me, Apple Brandy is a really pretty peachy-red color. I have tried so many red lipsticks, and red almost always looks bad on me - I think most reds have too much blue or violet or something. But this color is a really soft, natural warm red. The only other red lipstick I really like is the Clinique Black Honey, and that is more of a deep berry red. Love both Black Honey and Apple Brandy, have bought multiple times before and will continue to buy again! :)

rated 3 of 5 on 11/27/2012 12:01:00 PM More reviews by ShepherdGirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This lipstick has a nice moisturizing feel and sheer coverage, but the color is not what I had hope. I don't understand others' description of it as a red shade. On me, it's definitely a light coral. Definitely no blue undertones. I think of it as a good alternative to Black Honey which is too sheer for my preference. It's a a nice product, but the color is not what I was looking for.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2012 9:49:00 PM More reviews by MRSLE

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I do believe Clinque's Butter Shine in Apple Brandy is my HG lipstick. It's a beautiful sheer, warm red. It goes on beautifully and feels hydrating to my lips. I have gone through a tube and liked it so much that I have about 6 backups! It's the perfect red for fair skin blonde's like me. My only complaint is that I have to reapply often. But it's very forgiving and I don't need a mirror for quick touch ups. For reference I am around NC 15 with blonde hair and green eyes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2011 5:53:00 PM More reviews by ltgee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

bought this yesterday. beautiful berry color tinged with pink/red for brightness. fantastic formula. buttershine formula is soooo soft in its natural state- be careful not to leave it in your car, it will just melt to a puddle! great color payoff.
update: loved it but then halfway through, it was so soft it broke off all the way down. :(

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2011 1:04:00 PM More reviews by daisybanks

One of my all time favourite lipsticks. I've worn this right down to the very last bit in the tube, that's how much I love it. It's a soft sheer pinky red, very wearable, with a soft easy to apply texture. This is a lipstick which accentuates without overwhelming. Perfect day time wear. I'm growing to love a bolder lip as I get older, and am definitely going to buy this one again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2010 11:04:00 PM More reviews by kaxel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is my first Butter Shine - I was looking for a sheer red to replace a BB red that has been discontinued. I loooove the case - so glamorous (silver bamboo) and sturdy. The lipstick feels great going on - moisturizing and creamy. I wish the shape of it was a bit smaller (like the Almost Lipstick, whose size/shape is perfect for quick application). This Butter Shine is a similar shape, but much bigger, so unless you're Angelina Jolie or use a lip brush, it's awkward to apply.

As I expected, being so creamy, this does not last long (maybe 2 hours max). It also tends to "slide" toward the outside of my lips, so as time goes on I develop a ring of darker color on the outside. Not great. As it wore off, it did leave a stain of color.

I have Clinique lipstick in Merlot and love it, but sometimes you don't want that much red. Apple Brandy on me is a sheerer version of Merlot - with a touch of fuschia. A bit brighter than I'd hoped.

While this is nice, I don't think I'd buy this shade again because it's not quite what I was looking for. I was seeking a bit deeper, more natural "berry" tinged red.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2009 5:02:00 AM More reviews by LovelyNo5

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this yesterday. I love it. It's the perfect sheer red that makes my face lighten up instantly. I've always had a hard time finding an everyday lipstick color that compliments my pale skin, brown eyes and silver-streaked dark hair without making me look seriously made up, since I like more of a natural but pretty look. I've tried many different nude shades, but nude just doesn't do anything for me, so I've given up on it. I always felt red was a bit scary, but this is the perfect color for me. It stays on quite well for a Butter Shine and leaves a slight stain of color as it wears off. HG!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/15/2009 3:20:00 PM More reviews by tashionista

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my absolute favourite lip colour. It's a gorgeous sheer red that isn't too "look at me!" just a beautiful colour that looks good for day and night.
I think they may have changed the formula as I recently noticed the yuk chemically taste it used to have is gone.
The only negative is I find it really doesn't last long (But that may be because I wear it so much!)
If anyone could suggest a similar lipstick that is a little bit cheaper i would be grateful...I go through this stuff really fast, it's becoming expensive.
I recently purchased Quo in Bitten but it doesn't quite match up...is a bit too sheer.