October 23, 2014 | 909 users online

Gels/Soaps - Philosophy - Sugar Plum Fairy Bath and Shower Gel

rated 2 of 5 on 4/14/2013 11:25:00 PM More reviews by SRO522

This company has fancy packaging and the bubble bath sure has tons of bubbles in addition to extraordinarily inviting scents. What bugs me about this company is all the chemicals they use. I don't like taking a toxic chemical bubble bath no matter how good it smells.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2011 7:00:00 PM More reviews by pikacharma

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

Best way I can describe this stuff: those of you who have been crying for years over Bath & Body Works' refusal to bring back the sugar plum Christmas scent, GO OUT AND GET THIS NOW. If there were a body spray to go along with it, I could die happy, but this is the closest duplicate I've been able to find for the B&BW sugar plum scent. PLUS the Philosophy version is sparkly and the B&BW version wasn't. Upgrade!

Overall, this is a really nice product, even if you haven't spent the last 8 years crying over the loss of the B&BW version. It works great as a shampoo, body wash, and shaving gel. Haven't tried it as a bubble bath yet, so can't comment on that front. It *is* an extremely sweet scent, so if you're into things with mild smells, this probably isn't the best choice for you. That being said, I don't smell anything plastic-like or overtly fake, so I'm not really sure where those comments are coming from. Overall: nice product, gorgeous in the bottle, yummy smell, total win.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2007 7:39:00 PM More reviews by delicatesakura

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I absolutely love the smell of this!! It is fun and reminds me of something I smelled as a kid. I took off 1 lippie because when you use it as a bubble bath the bubbles dont last at all but as a shower get it's great! It also has lasted me forever. Great gift for a girlfriend!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/8/2007 4:44:00 PM More reviews by wendirr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I normally love Philosophy 3-in-1's, but this one disappointed me. It smelled so good in the bottle, but when I used it in the shower, it was very plasticky smelling. It's not terrible, but not great either.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2007 3:28:00 AM More reviews by nemesis41

The description for this scent sounded great- I love fruity scents, so I expected to like this too. When I got it and sniffed it in the bottle, I was highly disappointed. In the bottle it smells plasticky and fake, not sweet and fruity. But, having paid for it, I figured I'd give it a test in the shower anyway. And I'm glad I did, because this is SO much better in use that what it smells in the bottle. When on my shower sponge I get much nicer sugary, fruity notes. I'm so much more pleased with it. I also love that it is sparkly pink.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/7/2007 7:59:00 PM More reviews by tararae

I wasn't as thrilled with his as I had hoped to be. The packaging is super cute and the description sounded fabulous. Truth is, it has too sweet of a scent. My friend compared it to cough syrup. I like it better than she does and it does smell better in the shower than in the bottle. I thought it'd be shimmery on my body and it's not. I had higher hopes since this is a Philosophy product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2006 9:04:00 PM More reviews by uplate6674

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

This is a sparkly pink, intensely sweet shower gel just for Christmas. It smells strongly of the cherriest cherry lollipop in the world and contains silvery microshimmer that washes off in the shower. The bottle is darling, with a childlike drawing of a sugar plum fairy. A wonderful novelty for the holidays.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2006 11:27:00 PM More reviews by SunriseSunset

I really liked this the first few times I used it. However, it's just been sitting in my shower caddy now for about 3 months, still almost full. I just never reach for it. Honestly, the scent is just kinda too sugary and something about it smells kinda, sour. The pink formula is fun, but that's the only good thing about it. Save your money.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2006 7:20:00 PM More reviews by 1975Crumpet

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

When I took the seal off this big beauty my nose nearly exploded, it smells SENSATIONAL. the name and drawing on the bottle suggest a soft, sweet child-like scent but prepare yourself as it's tarty, berry, sherbety sparklers-up-the-nose FANTASTIC!! it smells like a concentrated grape juice with a lashing of sherbet and a handful of fermented sugar, it's THE most delicious Philosophy gel I've ever experienced and I'm a bit of a Philosophy nut. Please don't expect this to smell like plums because it doesn't, nor does it have any creaminess or softness to it, it's potency and cheekiness personified, disguised as a little innocent fairy.
I'm not a lover of pink, girly things but this little minx has a trick up her sleeve. The gel itself is peppered with minute silver particles like fairy dust, don't worry they leave no traces on your skin or in the bath, they are miniscule and add a beautiful luminosity and gorgeousness to the appearance from the outside.
Usual Philosophy results apply with this i.e not the most moisturising product in the world and not the softest most luxurious bubbles by any means but who cares when it smells like this. There are so may cheap and nasty berry-themed products out there and they're all to be AVOIDED but this should be experienced by all. One little thing to note: it's NOT a shampoo and not described as such, it's a bath and body product so keep it away from your barnet, though if you were to whip it on your bonce I'm certain it would do you no harm at all!.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2005 2:17:00 PM More reviews by lebon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My husband got this for me for Christmas, and I absolutely love it! It's overpriced, of course, as are most of Philosophy's products; in addition (like the other 3-1s), I haven't noticed that the bubbles are that much more luxurious than your average bubble bath. So why the high rating? I just adore the packaging -- it's a little hand drawn fairy (looks like a child might've drawn it), and the product itself is this gorgeous pearly-shimmery plum color. It has a tart, fruity smell to it that I also really like. So if you're a sucker for this sort of novelty item (like I am), then I would highly recommend this!