November 23, 2014 | 2137 users online

Self Tanners - Christian Dior - Dior Bronze Body Self Tanner

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2014 2:31:00 AM More reviews by Laski

This is a good, subtle selftanner. Even though I´m not a pro, it didn´t leave me streaky or too orange. There is a bit of the typical scent, but I still have to find a selftanner which really doesn´t have that. I liked it. The only reason I won´t buy it again is that now I would like to try other high-end selftanners to actually have something to compare it to.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/22/2014 12:59:00 PM More reviews by JenniferColeman

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was really excited to try this product, as I’ve read some good reviews on it. It just didn’t work for me. The color was way too light but I somehow still ended up looking orange. For the money I spent on it, I expected to look tan, but I didn’t. I have a friend that uses this and her tan always looks great, but I guess it just doesn’t work with my skin tone. I guess it smells ok, but the next day it smelled like all self tanners do…gross. My elbows and knees looked more orange than the rest of my body. I wouldn’t say this tan looks natural at all, it was super unflattering! I think this one may be best for people with very fair skin because the color is so light. If this product works for you, you’re lucky you didn’t end up looking like I did. I feel like I wasted my money on this one. I will not be repurchasing.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/20/2012 1:11:00 PM More reviews by Rahsan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This review is for the self tanner natural glow body version. Stay away! It itches like hell (all over my body, not just where I put the bronzer on, and it still keeps itching even the next few days after shower!) and it just gives a light tan, nothing outstanding. I am already dark and I just need some extra help on my legs, but this one is a total disaster. I'd been using Lancaster self-tanners for the last 7 yrs straight & never had any allergic reactions of any kind. Wish I never strayed from Lancaster but the local department store stopped selling it. There goes my money into the waste box.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2012 6:22:00 PM More reviews by Eustace

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the first time I have tried the Dior self-tanner for the body and judging from some of the older comments below, the formula seems to have changed for the better. All I can say, is that I am very impressed with the product.

What I liked about it are all of the things that are important in a self-tanner: realistic color, no streaking or blotching, easy to apply, doesn't stain the palms of your hands (although, obviously you still have to wash your hands after applying), minimal self-tanner odor, and no color transference to clothing (as far as I can see anyway).

What I hadn't expected and what left me pleasantly surprised, was how long-lasting the color is. Just one application leaves my arms and legs with a beautiful tan for 6-7 days! I am quite fair and usually have to do two color applications with most self-tanners to see any real payoff and the color starts fading after 3 days. I haven't tried the Dior yet on my torso or back, so I'm interested to see how well the color lasts there.

Based on my experience with this product, I will definitely repurchase. I does seem expensive but considering you don't use as much product each time, the cost per application might be the same as a more moderately-priced brand.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2011 3:06:00 PM More reviews by jbickerton

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Absolutely LOVE this self tanner. I am fair with red undertones and this creates a very natural-looking tan. I have gotten so many compliments and have been using this for years now. I keep buying it because it delivers a consistent natural-looking tan every time. Thank you Dior!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2011 5:04:00 AM More reviews by signemarie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Can see many reviews are old, so I thought I'd add a new review of this, since I find this self tanner a classic product. To me, this NATURAL version without shimmer is the best body self tanner in the high-end range. It gives a natural, soft tan that doesn't scream 'fake'. I am blonde and pale, self tanners are often too much color in one go, but this one is easily buildable and most importantly, fades nicely as long as you moisturise your skin well. I use my bare hands, right when I'm done they are orange, but a thorough washing does it, I never had the orange color stay in my palms.

I give it a 4 because it's a little expensive, contains alcohol (which does help it dry faster, but can also irritate my skin) and has a strong scent. Not too self-tan-ish, but definetely stronger than most.

I have sensitive skin, this doesn't break me out like Lancome and Clarins did.

Voted no repurchase, only because I found the Green People self tanner which is equally awesome, better for my skin and cheaper (about £18). Will write a review soon.

For an even budget-friendlier alternative I recommend the self tanners by Yves Rocher, really good value for money and nice color. YR is a little stronger in color, but they can easily be dilluted with body lotion and gives the same results as the Dior Bronze, but it does take longer to build up.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/14/2010 12:25:00 PM More reviews by spirtitual

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

The Shimmering Glow left me looking a bit like a freshly dipped copper penny; the color mottled and the smell very unpleasant. It is amazingly fast for turning fingers and palms orange so would only use this if that was my goal. As a self tanner it is expensive and ineffective. Try Clarins Gradual Radiance or the Instant Gel, perhaps even the Dove gradual tanner......avoid this one and save your appearance, it is not attractive.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2010 8:11:00 AM More reviews by rayoflight

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

One of the best self tanners I've tried. Goes on very smoothly, dries almost instantly, results in an even and *very* long lasting color. It has a strong scent to it, but not a typical self-tan smell, all Dior Bronze products have a similar scent. Lasting power is impressive, it lasts 5 days or so with one application, and it fades very nicely, without cracking and blotches. The color is very nice caramel/amber, and *very* intense, at least on my skin, probably because Dior uses a combination of DHA and Erythrulose. I tried both the Natural Glow and Shimmering Glow (the one with golden shimmer in it) versions and I love the Natural version, the Shimmering Glow version is a bit messy when the shimmer starts to rub off everywhere, other than the shiny pigment, I can't see any difference between the two products, you can give the Shimmering Glow version a try when you need something tan-enhancing for one evening, when you want radiant skin like Tiiu Kuik and Carmen Kass in the old J'Adore ads where they swim in liquid gold, because Shimmering Glow self-tanner pretty much makes skin look like that. So, this is a all-round great self-tanner cream/lotion, lasts long, color is perfect, doesn't stink, and is very gentle to the skin despite the high alcohol content in it. I highly recommend this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2009 1:12:00 PM More reviews by empresslilah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

NOTE: This review is for the Natural Glow version, not the Shimmering Glow version.

I'm going to put in a good word for this product since I see that the most recent reviews are quite old and probably not reflective of the formulation change in 2007/2008. This is without question the best self-tanner I've ever used, and the only one I continue to use. It doesn't have an evil scent, it's a nice, light caramel-colored gel/cream that glides on and sinks in easily, it doesn't get splotchy, and it produces a buildable, believable tan on my PPP skin. As with any self-tanner, you should exfoliate regularly to avoid uneven color and dry patches, but this is hands down my HG self-tanner. The Natural Glow Face self-tanner is also excellent, and yes, there is a difference between the Body and Face versions...the Body version has alcohol, the Face version does not.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2009 12:32:00 PM More reviews by Jocky80

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

As same with the face version, got a sample to try.
Glitter, glitter, glitter, I looked like a disco ball....Aslo bad selftanner smell. Lighter than the face verion, but not likin it....