April 25, 2014 | 923 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Kevyn Aucoin - The Sensual Skin Primer

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2012 3:06:00 PM More reviews by glamstep

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

O-M-G this stuff is ridiculously OVER priced! Its literally half the size of an average mascara in length and atleast a quarter less in diameter too & retails for $42!!!! I can't believe I paid so much for something the size of my pinky :O But anyways, I was getting desperate for finding the IDEAL primer to mix my KA SSE to get the flawless face everyone raves about, so decided why not splurge on the primer that was made to do just that. So this is again a tiny (eau de toilette spray) YES thats the best description; pump which gives a tiny clear drop of primer. Its runny so very thin in application & completely hides my fine lines (not that I have many at this age), does nothing special for my pores, just blurs them like most primers do and certainly does NOTHING different on mixing my SSX. It doesn't make me use less of it nor does it magically melt in to amplify the product. I get the same results as I do with my Smashbox, L'oreal, Maybelline & Revlon primers. So please pass on this & buy the SSX instead if you want to spend the extra on a more valuable multi-use product that will last yrss.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2010 3:29:00 PM More reviews by Avellaneda

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Unfortunately, this product is outstanding. The price is exorbitant but if you are like me and have to wear KA's SSE, this will make it stick. I used the Chanel white primer and it would slide right off my face so I finally broke down and bought this. I'm glad I did as it really works to cover up an unpleasant scar on my chin.

Will grudgingly shell out the money to buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2010 8:33:00 PM More reviews by 1badcat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I actually like this primer under all of my foundations...especially during the chillier months since my skin tends to be on the more dehydrated side. It gives me just that last touch of moisture that I need without it being too much. It dries to a smooth finish and absorbs nicely.

I do notice that my foundations last longer. Normally any blush no matter the brand or texture NEVER lasts through the day and with this primer it does.

I do agree that the price isn't right at all for the small amount you get. The packaging only makes it worse since you don't know when you might run out...eekk! The one thing about the packaging is that it comes in a pump which makes it more sanitary.

I say if you've got the cash give it a try.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/31/2009 3:31:00 PM More reviews by jjkrh

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I had heard wonderful things about this primer. I have the SSE foundation and love it, so naturally I thought I would be thrilled with this primer. And I was for a little while. I will stand by my review and say that this primer is amazing. My makeup lasted ALL day and never separated. It made my makeup look less like makeup and more like flawless skin and that is saying something for me. The primer is more like a lotion than some of the other kinds that are heavy silicone. This primer blends into your skin almost instantly and well I looked airbrushed. But now the bad part. And it just kills me to say it, but I cannot say I will buy this again. Reason: breakouts. At first I thought it was my foundation. But upon deduction it turned out to be this primer. So I will say this...if you are acne prone and do not mind spending A LOT of money on a great primer to use only on special occasions with the possiblity of breaking out...I say go for it. If you are not acne prone and wish to spend a lot of money on a great primer...go for it. Got to give props to Kevyn for the outstanding formulation and got to take them away for the same reason. On to find another primer.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/18/2009 7:50:00 PM More reviews by lwzeman

This product is just not worth the high price tag. I have found others, quite less expensive, that work as well. Sephora Brand Smoothing Primer is an excellent choice at a fraction of the price. Unless you find that the benefits are unsurpassable for you, I would suggest saving your money. I dont't mean to knock the procuct because I love KA products and swear by many....this is just not one of them.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2008 7:36:00 AM More reviews by Kayelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I usually loathe primers and their awful silicone slip. Aucoin's, however, is different, and feels more like a light moisturizer. This is the only primer I've found that really binds foundation to my skin, makes it go on smoothly and beautifully, and keeps it looking fresh for ages. I especially like it paired with SSX, but it seems to work well with all the foundations I've tried. The container is pretty small for the price, but you only need the tiniest amount, and for the result I think it's worth it.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2007 2:07:00 PM More reviews by Jox3347

I've been on the hunt for a good primer which would work on my oily skin. This primer is light and not a heavy silicone feel like Smashbox. Two pumps is all I need to do my whole face. Makeup goes on evenly and smoothly and holds up well throughout the day. I took off one lippie because it's a tiny pump container and there's no way to tell when you are running out.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/24/2007 9:04:00 AM More reviews by INDICAN

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

OK, so I like this product. It's silicon based so it makes my GA LSF glide on even more smoothly, but this is pretty expensive and you don't get much product. I might try Laura Mercier's oil-free primer before I decide to repurchase this one.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/22/2007 11:20:00 AM More reviews by cuttibebe

I have started my search for the perfect primer a month ago, so far I have tried SmashBox, BareEscental, DHC, ShuUmera, and KA. The former 3 are silicone based, I find that BE has less silicone in it than SB and DHC, which works for me, since I hate the feeling of not being able to let my skin breathes. ShuUmera is a mousse form with a slight tint of color, it's a little too moisturizing for me in the summer (I have combo/oily skin). Now, KA is not like any of these, it's not purely silicone based and goes on much like a light lotion almost. It felt good, but didn't feel like it "mattified" my skin, but really moisturized it. I wear LM mineral powder and so far, it's been ok, my nose still gets oily, but my cheeks are less flaky.

it's only my first try with KA, I will see how it goes after a week. Also, the size of the pump is .. well.. the size of a tempon.. so go figure. I got it for 19.99 off of VS sale. You can find them at your local CO Biglow.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2007 2:54:00 AM More reviews by susieq101

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I purchased this product on VictoriasSecret.com on clearance price, so I paid $19.99 plus S&H and tax rather than $42, the actual retail price. I lucked out because this product works quite well, so not only did my makeup go on smoothly and stay fresh-looking throughout the day, I also saved money on an expensive beauty product. To cut this short, the PROS: makeup stays put and rarely will you have to retouch; a little goes a long way; luxury item. The CONS: pretty expensive retail price for very little product (0.33 fl. oz.)