December 20, 2014 | 1457 users online

Polishes - Orly - Shine on Crazy Diamond

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2014 2:18:00 AM More reviews by Ferrishyn

This is a very nice halo clear based glitter. I love how this looks over dark colors and colors where I normally just don't like because they are so flat or boring. This will liven it up. this isn;'t completely comparable to Out The Door's Northern Lights. That is a serious halo topper. I would say this is more in the middle.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2013 9:26:00 AM More reviews by tinkerrbelle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Shine on Crazy Diamond is a clear topper with tiny rainbow glitters. I like tiny holo glitters as they look like tiny twinkling stars when layered over dark base colors. And because they are so tiny, removal isn't a problem and they don't scratch up your nails like large glitters.

On the not so good side there isn't very much glitter so you will probably need at least 2 coats as a topper or 6 layers to reach bottle color. Dries fast but needs so much layering that overall drying time is slooooow. Not very shiny and chips really quickly so you will need to wear a good top coat if you're planning on it lasting more than one night.

If you can't easily get Shine on Crazy Diamond here are some dupes for the same effect!

- Fairy Dust by China Glaze. Needs 2 coats. More glitter than Orly. Very thick texture, will need thinning halfway down the bottle a bit like Seche Vite does.

- Electric Lane by Nails Inc. Needs 2 coats. Also more sparkle than Orly.

- Northern Lights. Pricey but pretty.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2011 1:55:00 PM More reviews by TheatricalWinter

Definitely a must-have from Orly. Shine On Crazy Diamond is not for those who want glitter to cover their nails in one coat, of course, but it is great for layering. I love it for creating a "dripping in diamonds" effect: apply 1 coat to all the nail, one more coat to 3/4, one more coat to 1/2, and then one more for the tips. It's gorgeous! And believe me, the shimmer on this glitter is INSANE! Crazy diamond, indeed! Even under sunlight, natural light, indoor light, or night club light, this polish is like applying tiny Swarovski crystals to your nails. It's not a childish glitter, so don't be afraid of how crazy it looks on the bottle. It can be a daily natural glitter or a perfect nightime glitter depending on how many coats you apply. I didn't find it sparse at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2011 9:38:00 AM More reviews by srarana23

I bought this in the .18 fl oz bottle the other day for a feather mani I was working on. I wanted a little bit of chunky glitter to put on just over the feathers. This was perfectly prismatic and was not overly glittery, which I loved. Goes on smooth, dries fast and smooth.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/14/2011 3:16:00 PM More reviews by pololuvr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm not going to lie, when I read the name I said I was getting the polish regardless because it is my all time favorite pink floyd song. Then when I saw it was a glitter I was even more excited. I love the effect of the glitter and the size of the chunks but it's so freakin sparse that I need like 5 coats to get the amount of glitter i want. I guess if you're going for subtle this is okay but I like my glitter loud and proud.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2011 2:25:00 AM More reviews by Audri

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my go to glitter polish for everyday use. This can go over EVERYTHING. The glitter is a little sparse when you apply it, so I normally do approx 2 applications on each finger to get my desired glitter. And finish off with my tc.

The glitter is mostly silver glitters with rainbow effects in the sun. And it def dries clear.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2010 1:14:00 PM More reviews by BrittaBot

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This polish, in the bottle, looks primarily silver, with prismatic, multicolored flecks throughout. It's very pretty, but when applied, the glitter is rather sparse, so if you want a noticeable effect, you'll have to apply a few coats.

I've had the same bottle for a few years, and the formula is still in good shape, as it still applies well and dries quickly. It's not hard to apply a few coats, and it's a cute substitute for plain, clear polish. But if I were to buy a glitter polish again, I'd probably get something with denser glitter, unless other formulas are too crappy to bother with.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/26/2010 9:37:00 PM More reviews by Supergirl0143

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This looks absolutely gorgeous in the bottle. I am a huge fan of glitter and this one has amazing sparkle. However it is so sparse that I am returning it. Its comparable to Pure Ice "Don't You Wish" but with more silver in it. I really wanted to love this, but unfortunately it didnt knock my socks off. Tomorrow will be exchanging it for something else.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/23/2010 8:54:00 PM More reviews by Bradhadair

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

The glitter in this product is beautiful, but unfortunately you only realize that if you peer at it closely, and if you layer it onto dark colours. The main flaws with this polish, like another reviewer has stated, is that:

1. The density of polish in one swipe is quite disappointing

2. it dries with no gloss whatsoever, so your manicure ends up looking like it has a rather matte consistency. If you prefer your fingernails shiny, you definitely need another topcoat with this

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2010 8:46:00 PM More reviews by polishoff

This is my go-to silver glitter topcoat. It's full of tiny glitter that flashes color, and looks especially beautiful over darker polish. I would not recommend it as a solo-polish, because the glitter is too sparse to work that way without a million coats. As is, I would like it to be more glittery, because it takes at least two coats for it to be noticeable as a topcoat. I love the color however and the size of the glitter, so I would rebuy.