April 20, 2014 | 959 users online

Cleansers - Clinique - Liquid Facial Soap - Oily skin

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2014 4:37:00 AM More reviews by summerglow123

After using other face wash products a few months, I really noticed the difference when got back to this product. My face just LOVES IT!!

I'm acne-prone oily skin, that is also at the same time a bit dry => really hard to handle.

I use this product with Purity foaming cleansing wash or Sephora makeup removing emulsion, using the Purity or Sephora-product first to remove makeup, then washing with Clinique Liquid facial soap... And the results speak for themselves!

However I would advise all with acne-prone skin to ALWAYS double cleanse, using make up remover and then face wash. My skin has been soooo much better with less acne after I started with double cleanse..

The price is not too bad, considering that it also lasts a long time. It lathers nicely so you don't need a lot of product. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2014 2:59:00 AM More reviews by Bjm90

This is one of the best facial cleansers I've ever used! First of all, it says "oily skin formula". Hence, this cleanser is for oily skin. I probably wouldn't recommend it for dry skin, but who knows! Anyway, it did not leave my skin feeling so dry it was rough, like most do. It takes the excess oil from my face and leaves it feeling soft and clean.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/8/2013 5:00:00 AM More reviews by EmilyRaymond

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this product because my skin totally dried out from my anti acne biore cleanser when the cold weather came. I have dry combination skin that was so dry it was flaking and burning. Not good! So I bought this cleanser and toner from clinique and let me tell you this it was a disaster. It broke me out like CRAZY on my forehead within a few days and I know your skin is supposed to "purge" when you start a new cleanser, but this was unbelievable! I had a huge, hard, fire truck red zit right smack in the middle of my forehead and I'm not a hugely acne prone girl. I usually get tiny blemishes, if any. That huge nasty zit was accompanied by 3 or 4 smaller zits and my face looked an absolute disaster. It was worse than the biore purge. For a "mild" cleanser, I don't think there should've been such a crazy reaction. Then, I started getting zits and whiteheads around my mouth and cheeks which I NEVER get and I knew it was time for clinique to go back to the counter. For 50$, I would have expected something a lot better. Oh - and did I mention it didn't even help with my drying problem?!?! After returning it, I went to a Vichy specialist and she told me that clinique is chalk full of harsh chemicals and plant bases so beware of these products because they are clearly not for everyone!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/18/2013 6:05:00 PM More reviews by Emily1994

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is just soap. Nothing fancy. I used this after getting rid of my acne when I was about 15 and had been prescribed a course of antibiotics. I never used to bother with high-end cleansers because I thought, I've got acne, how great can my skin look potentially? Not that fantastic, so I may as well just get a basic cleanser. When the spots cleared up, I was excited to try new products and improve the look of my skin. So I jumped right in with this after using ProNexin religiously but finding it too expensive. But this just doesn't do anything. It feels a little refreshing, but you can see how 'gentle' it is immediately. My skin is very oily, and 20 minutes after washing my skin feels tacky. It just doesn't strip my skin of oil, which is my desire. I know it's better to keep it moisturised but I find it so uncomfortable because my skin is literally probably one the oiliest you can get, that I just want all traces of oil gone. I always feel really grimy after using this, like it's not really done much. And then I still get spots with it. If you're acne prone I really do think you're better going for a scrub, which removes all the dead cells and leaves your skin squeaky clean. I know scrubs and soaps are different but to be honest, when I can get a decent scrub that prevents spots and cleans for £2, I'm not gonna choose to purchase the Clinique and an extra scrub. I really expected amazing results when spending so much on soap, but needless to say I'm now 19 and still have half of the bottle left.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/26/2013 2:00:00 AM More reviews by scooterj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

clearly this is a matter of preference and opinion (NOT a fact).... you should not HAVE TO use a "make up remover" first and a cleanser second. you can if you prefer, but washing your face SHOULD remove your make up. i also quit buying into "initial purging is a good thing" bs back in high school. i may have a reaction to a change in cleansers but a cleanser making me breakout into a bunch of zits is, for me, a sign to quit using that product. this product was quite underwhelming and wont be repurchased.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2013 1:07:00 AM More reviews by productjunkie82

So, I have to say a few things after reading some of the reviews on here. #1 - If you aren't removing your makeup prior to washing with this soap, you are not washing your face! It's like taking a shower with a swimsuit on, k? #2 - This is for #3 and #4 skins so if you aren't at the minimum a combination oily skin type then this will be too drying. #3 - This is great to use on its own but is intended for use with the entire Clinique 3-Step. You will get the best results for your oily skin using the entire 3-step. Alone you will probably not notice a great deal of difference. That would be like showering without rinsing and drying. All of that being said, yes the smell can be a little powerful (I didn't think so) but that is the menthol ingredients. Those are in there to help with the oiliness. If you find it too drying (and you're using the other two parts of the 3-step system) either switch down to the mild soap or to the dramatically different lotion - instead of gel. Breakouts might happen BECAUSE you are purging your pores. This is a good thing and usually will not last more than two weeks! This 3-step system has been a miracle for me and my skin. Use it!!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/22/2013 2:09:00 PM More reviews by TheAmyNicole

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Like any clinique product this was reasonably priced and came in stylish minimalist packaging. However, the product itself left much to desire. The revolting menthol scent and "cool" feel makes my skin crawl. I broke out after using this for a mere evening. It's very drying and left my skin with a dull look to it. I do not recommend this.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2013 9:54:00 PM More reviews by alexis789

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tend to switch up cleansers quite often, but I always seem to go back to this one! My skin feels so clean and soft after using it, and it cleared up my skin quite a bit. I switch between the oily skin version in the summer, since my skin is greasier, and the mild version in the winter (the oily skin one is a bit too drying). The only con is the packaging, when I use it in the shower, water leaks into it and after a while the cleanser becomes too watery, so I always have to remove it from the shower. Other than that, this is my all time favourite cleanser!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2013 4:16:00 PM More reviews by Missers

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have only been using this product for a week but so far I really like it. It foams but not too much I do have to wash my face twice with this to get all my make up off, but I only use an amount the size of a dime so it will still last for a long time. I like the tingling it gives my face and my face just feels super clean with no residue left behind. Will update if things improve or get worse.
Edit: I will be returning this system as it has not done anything except make my skin soft which I can get with any other descent skin care.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/9/2013 8:27:00 AM More reviews by julia0987

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Never again. It's overly drying! The problem with clinique is that it prides itself on being fragrance free but contains ingredients that are harsh and irritatating to skin - PEGS, disodium, SLS as the second ingredients after water.
Sigh, and they charge $50AUD for this stuff