November 26, 2014 | 1764 users online

Cleansers - Clinique - Liquid Facial Soap - Oily skin

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2014 11:12:00 PM More reviews by Tovah

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I love this refreshing, gentle, thorough cleanser. It perks up my ski, and I always feel comforted after I wash my face.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/1/2014 7:44:00 PM More reviews by elitegymnasticsxo

I like this cleanser. This helps keep my oily combination skin in check. I love the cooling effect of it. I use this with St. Ives exfoliating cleanser. I don't know if I would repurchase though. It is kind of expensive. I could get the same result with a drugstore cleanser. But, I feel like Clinque cleansers have better ingredients. Anyway, don't get it in your mouth though, most clinque cleansers taste like boogers.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/13/2014 5:47:00 AM More reviews by glalalamour

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This cleanser has a clinical, clean scent which I didn't mind. It comes in this elegant, frosty green bottle. It broke my skin out like mad after several weeks of use, despite the fact that I was sticking to a healthy diet and did not wear makeup at all. I'm not sure why I was reacting so badly to the product. I ended up on Roaccutane. It was depressing.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2014 8:45:00 PM More reviews by MacAddict0

My favorite cleanser! I use this in conjunction with the Clinique moisture surge moisturizing gel and then finish with Epiduo on pimples. I really like the packaging-very easy to use, it lathers nicely and keeps my skin clear. Clinique is the best!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2014 7:46:00 AM More reviews by tigirlyly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I wanted to try the Clinique 3-step system for a while. I had a 2 week trip and Sephora sells a nicely sized kit. This cleanser was in the Oily skin kit.

Overall it is a very nice and gentle cleanser. Does not overly strip skin. Lathers nicely. Did not irritate my skin. Did not cause acne for me. No offensive odor. Rinses easily without any film left behind. I used it with my Clarisonic Mia on my trip and my Clarisonic Plus when at home.

I did like it, however I'm a Purity gal. However I like it enough to repurchase the entire kit for vacation trips. I prefer my Purity.

Update: I noticed a patch of eczema on my brow area to 1 eye only while using this cleanser. Didn't think much, but when I stopped using this cleanser, and returned to my Purity, it went away. I guess I may have been allergic to this cleansr.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2014 11:48:00 PM More reviews by yjanney

This is not a bad cleanser, it's just not that great for the price. There's no offensive odor, the lather is thin but OK, and I prefer cleansing gels for my oily, acne-prone skin with dry patches. It seemed to work just as well as Cetaphil for normal to oily skin, and that's cheaper so I'll stick with that.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2014 4:37:00 AM More reviews by summerglow123

After using other face wash products a few months, I really noticed the difference when got back to this product. My face just LOVES IT!!

I'm acne-prone oily skin, that is also at the same time a bit dry => really hard to handle.

I use this product with Purity foaming cleansing wash or Sephora makeup removing emulsion, using the Purity or Sephora-product first to remove makeup, then washing with Clinique Liquid facial soap... And the results speak for themselves!

However I would advise all with acne-prone skin to ALWAYS double cleanse, using make up remover and then face wash. My skin has been soooo much better with less acne after I started with double cleanse..

The price is not too bad, considering that it also lasts a long time. It lathers nicely so you don't need a lot of product. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2014 2:59:00 AM More reviews by Bjm90

This is one of the best facial cleansers I've ever used! First of all, it says "oily skin formula". Hence, this cleanser is for oily skin. I probably wouldn't recommend it for dry skin, but who knows! Anyway, it did not leave my skin feeling so dry it was rough, like most do. It takes the excess oil from my face and leaves it feeling soft and clean.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/8/2013 5:00:00 AM More reviews by EmilyRaymond

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this product because my skin totally dried out from my anti acne biore cleanser when the cold weather came. I have dry combination skin that was so dry it was flaking and burning. Not good! So I bought this cleanser and toner from clinique and let me tell you this it was a disaster. It broke me out like CRAZY on my forehead within a few days and I know your skin is supposed to "purge" when you start a new cleanser, but this was unbelievable! I had a huge, hard, fire truck red zit right smack in the middle of my forehead and I'm not a hugely acne prone girl. I usually get tiny blemishes, if any. That huge nasty zit was accompanied by 3 or 4 smaller zits and my face looked an absolute disaster. It was worse than the biore purge. For a "mild" cleanser, I don't think there should've been such a crazy reaction. Then, I started getting zits and whiteheads around my mouth and cheeks which I NEVER get and I knew it was time for clinique to go back to the counter. For 50$, I would have expected something a lot better. Oh - and did I mention it didn't even help with my drying problem?!?! After returning it, I went to a Vichy specialist and she told me that clinique is chalk full of harsh chemicals and plant bases so beware of these products because they are clearly not for everyone!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/18/2013 6:05:00 PM More reviews by Emily1994

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is just soap. Nothing fancy. I used this after getting rid of my acne when I was about 15 and had been prescribed a course of antibiotics. I never used to bother with high-end cleansers because I thought, I've got acne, how great can my skin look potentially? Not that fantastic, so I may as well just get a basic cleanser. When the spots cleared up, I was excited to try new products and improve the look of my skin. So I jumped right in with this after using ProNexin religiously but finding it too expensive. But this just doesn't do anything. It feels a little refreshing, but you can see how 'gentle' it is immediately. My skin is very oily, and 20 minutes after washing my skin feels tacky. It just doesn't strip my skin of oil, which is my desire. I know it's better to keep it moisturised but I find it so uncomfortable because my skin is literally probably one the oiliest you can get, that I just want all traces of oil gone. I always feel really grimy after using this, like it's not really done much. And then I still get spots with it. If you're acne prone I really do think you're better going for a scrub, which removes all the dead cells and leaves your skin squeaky clean. I know scrubs and soaps are different but to be honest, when I can get a decent scrub that prevents spots and cleans for £2, I'm not gonna choose to purchase the Clinique and an extra scrub. I really expected amazing results when spending so much on soap, but needless to say I'm now 19 and still have half of the bottle left.