Clinique Liquid Facial Soap - Oily skin

3.6

Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Lauramidopropyl Betaine, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultane, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Cocoyl Sarcosinate, Tea Cocoyl Glutamate, Butylene Glycol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Serenoa Serrulata (Saw Pelmetto) Fruit Extract, PEG-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Sucrose, Menthol, Hexylene Glycol Polyquaternium-7, Laureth-2, Caprylyl Glycol, Sodium Sulfate, EDTA, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Benzoate, Phenoxyethanol

on 5/8/2015 8:34:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Used to have this when my skincare knowledge was still nil. It cleansed my face without drying or giving a squeaky feel, but over time tightness developed on certain areas of the face. Nothing too bothersome, though. I don't remember it clogging my pores, but it didn't do anything on my acne-prone skin either -- not that it's supposed to. It can take off average makeup, ones that are probably not waterproof.

Overall it does a nice job of cleansing. But nothing too special. If you're looking to replace your regular drugstore cleanser, willing to shell out a little more money, this would be your guy. Don't expect this to heal your zits or clear your face, though. This is a cleanser is all.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

I used this all during my 20's but ventured off to new things. I figured I go back to it to see if I still like it. I do. This is a great cleanser for anyone that is oily and reactive to ingredients. Very rarely do I find a cleanser that doesn't actually promote breakouts. This cleanser's performance reminds me a lot of Philosophy Purity Made Simple however it isn't as drying and it doesn't cause breakouts. Clinique's mild liquid soap for combo/oily skin really gets every trace of makeup off my face without stinging or irritation. I don't even need a pre makeup remover before this. I do wear a lot of makeup but non-waterproof (a few concealers, foundation, bronzer, at least four eye shadows, liner, two mascaras, blush etc.). This surprisingly takes it all off. I like to wash my face with my eyes open to check to see if all of the grub is coming off and I can do that with this cleanser because it doesn't burn the eyes if you get too close to them. I also find that I don't need a toner with this cleanser. I only wash once at night and I don't find this particularly drying. It could possibly be drying if you were to wash 2x/day. There is a very mild "soap" scent which is nice as well. This doesn't contain any skin benefits such as AHA's or antioxidants. This is just a good solid basic cleanser for people with combination to oily skin.

on 1/21/2015 11:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I've been using this product for almost 2 years now and I love it! It's fragrance free, dye free, and also very gentle and perfect for sensitive skin. I've been on the search for the perfect face wash and i've found it! It amazes me that it only has a 3.5 rating when it should be more. It also is only $17 at sephora which isn't bad compared to Boscia or Dior or something. This is amazing and if you dont like it, it can be returned at sephora.... even if its empty!

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I've had very oily skin for the past year or so, which has been a drastic change from what has always been quite dry skin. With that being said, I have began modifying my skincare routine in an effort to cater to my new skin problem areas. I had purchased several bottles of this product a few years ago in the Mild version and liked it a lot. This time around I went for the Oily version along with purchasing the toner and moisturizer-also formulated for oily skin. I felt when using the entire line in addition to my Clarisonic, I achieved the best results. I felt the Clarisonic made a huge difference in the amount of oil that would inevitably appear on my face, particularly my forehead, throughout the day. I have always used a separate makeup remover before cleansing, so this is a non-issue for me, but if it is for you, be aware of what the other reviews read about this!
What I've always appreciated about this cleanser is that it is fragrance-free, simple, plain old facial wash. This is probably why those with sensitive, especially acne prone skin, find these products so effective. Despite its simplicity, Clinique somehow manages to take a basic product and make it feel (it develops into a nice, foamy lather) and look (attractive, sea-foam green bottle that feels kind of wrong to throw away) very luxurious. There is a 5 oz tube available for purchase for $14, and the bottle with the pump (which dispenses the perfect amount of product) is $17. If you feel as though this product is drying, try using the Mild version, which is for combination and dry skin. I deducted a lippie since $17 is a little steep for a face wash, and considering I purchased the toner and moisturizer from this line I was sort of expecting more of a drastic change in the oily disaster my skin has become.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Overall I think this is good for treating and preventing acne when used twice daily. When I skipped days or did not use it twice a day, I noticed acne flare ups, especially on days when I wore foundation. It leaves the skin soft and not tight. I would give it five lippies but it does not get makeup off easily, you'll need a separate makeup remover for that. For the price, it should be able to do it all. I've had drugstore facial cleansers that do get makeup off, like the Neutrogina orange facial cleanser.
The price is around $15-20 depending on where you go. Someone gave me the tube I used because they did not have oily skin and thought it might work for me. It did work and I was pleased with it, the tube is almost gone now. However, because of the price, I most likely will not repurchase. If I use another cleanser and notice I am not as happy with it as I was with this one, I will repurchase then. But I'd like to try something cheaper.
The packaging for the one I got is in a clear, green tube. It's pretty standard, nothing special about it. Now that I'm getting to the last bit of it, I find it annoying that I can't really squeeze out the remaining product because of the tube shape and stiffness. Because of that, I only gave it 4 lippies.
I stated that I would not buy this product again simply because of the price. However, I may decide to come back to it if I am not pleased with other products in the future. The price may be worth it.
_________________________________________________________________________
EDIT:
I used up the entire squeeze tube of this product. It worked well until the last drop. It didn't lose its effectiveness when my skin got used to it as many products do. It kept break outs at bay when I used it twice a day; morning and night. I don't plan on repurchasing simply because I'm interested in CeraVe's line now. Overall I recommend it.

on 12/21/2014 7:16:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I love the way it cleans all the dirt,oil from the face.it is truely clarifying.it feels squeaky clean and cooling effect in it makes skin refreshed.but after you wash it away , it feels a little bit drying.i always use moisturising after cleansing so thats not a problem.the light green bottle looks elegant on my sink and its pump very useful.one pump is enough to get a good lather and clean entire face.altough a little goes a long way it's not worth the money you pay for it , there are a lot of drugstore gels out there exacltly performs the same.ingredient list not impressive ,there are harsh chemicals in it.won't repurchase.

on 11/22/2014 11:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I love this refreshing, gentle, thorough cleanser. It perks up my ski, and I always feel comforted after I wash my face.

I like this cleanser. This helps keep my oily combination skin in check. I love the cooling effect of it. I use this with St. Ives exfoliating cleanser. I don't know if I would repurchase though. It is kind of expensive. I could get the same result with a drugstore cleanser. But, I feel like Clinque cleansers have better ingredients. Anyway, don't get it in your mouth though, most clinque cleansers taste like boogers.

on 8/13/2014 5:47:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This cleanser has a clinical, clean scent which I didn't mind. It comes in this elegant, frosty green bottle. It broke my skin out like mad after several weeks of use, despite the fact that I was sticking to a healthy diet and did not wear makeup at all. I'm not sure why I was reacting so badly to the product. I ended up on Roaccutane. It was depressing.

on 8/4/2014 8:45:00 PM

My favorite cleanser! I use this in conjunction with the Clinique moisture surge moisturizing gel and then finish with Epiduo on pimples. I really like the packaging-very easy to use, it lathers nicely and keeps my skin clear. Clinique is the best!