January 28, 2015 | 2040 users online

Cleansers - Clinique - Liquid Facial Soap - Oily skin

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2015 11:20:00 PM More reviews by beautyybabee

I've been using this product for almost 2 years now and I love it! It's fragrance free, dye free, and also very gentle and perfect for sensitive skin. I've been on the search for the perfect face wash and i've found it! It amazes me that it only has a 3.5 rating when it should be more. It also is only $17 at sephora which isn't bad compared to Boscia or Dior or something. This is amazing and if you dont like it, it can be returned at sephora.... even if its empty!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2015 8:27:00 AM More reviews by HollyWould123

I've had very oily skin for the past year or so, which has been a drastic change from what has always been quite dry skin. With that being said, I have began modifying my skincare routine in an effort to cater to my new skin problem areas. I had purchased several bottles of this product a few years ago in the Mild version and liked it a lot. This time around I went for the Oily version along with purchasing the toner and moisturizer-also formulated for oily skin. I felt when using the entire line in addition to my Clarisonic, I achieved the best results. I felt the Clarisonic made a huge difference in the amount of oil that would inevitably appear on my face, particularly my forehead, throughout the day. I have always used a separate makeup remover before cleansing, so this is a non-issue for me, but if it is for you, be aware of what the other reviews read about this!
What I've always appreciated about this cleanser is that it is fragrance-free, simple, plain old facial wash. This is probably why those with sensitive, especially acne prone skin, find these products so effective. Despite its simplicity, Clinique somehow manages to take a basic product and make it feel (it develops into a nice, foamy lather) and look (attractive, sea-foam green bottle that feels kind of wrong to throw away) very luxurious. There is a 5 oz tube available for purchase for $14, and the bottle with the pump (which dispenses the perfect amount of product) is $17. If you feel as though this product is drying, try using the Mild version, which is for combination and dry skin. I deducted a lippie since $17 is a little steep for a face wash, and considering I purchased the toner and moisturizer from this line I was sort of expecting more of a drastic change in the oily disaster my skin has become.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2015 2:05:00 AM More reviews by HappyUnicornSmile

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Overall I think this is good for treating and preventing acne when used twice daily. When I skipped days or did not use it twice a day, I noticed acne flare ups, especially on days when I wore foundation. It leaves the skin soft and not tight. I would give it five lippies but it does not get makeup off easily, you'll need a separate makeup remover for that. For the price, it should be able to do it all. I've had drugstore facial cleansers that do get makeup off, like the Neutrogina orange facial cleanser.
The price is around $15-20 depending on where you go. Someone gave me the tube I used because they did not have oily skin and thought it might work for me. It did work and I was pleased with it, the tube is almost gone now. However, because of the price, I most likely will not repurchase. If I use another cleanser and notice I am not as happy with it as I was with this one, I will repurchase then. But I'd like to try something cheaper.
The packaging for the one I got is in a clear, green tube. It's pretty standard, nothing special about it. Now that I'm getting to the last bit of it, I find it annoying that I can't really squeeze out the remaining product because of the tube shape and stiffness. Because of that, I only gave it 4 lippies.
I stated that I would not buy this product again simply because of the price. However, I may decide to come back to it if I am not pleased with other products in the future. The price may be worth it.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/21/2014 7:16:00 AM More reviews by missnovella

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love the way it cleans all the dirt,oil from the face.it is truely clarifying.it feels squeaky clean and cooling effect in it makes skin refreshed.but after you wash it away , it feels a little bit drying.i always use moisturising after cleansing so thats not a problem.the light green bottle looks elegant on my sink and its pump very useful.one pump is enough to get a good lather and clean entire face.altough a little goes a long way it's not worth the money you pay for it , there are a lot of drugstore gels out there exacltly performs the same.ingredient list not impressive ,there are harsh chemicals in it.won't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2014 11:12:00 PM More reviews by Tovah

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I love this refreshing, gentle, thorough cleanser. It perks up my ski, and I always feel comforted after I wash my face.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/1/2014 7:44:00 PM More reviews by elitegymnasticsxo

I like this cleanser. This helps keep my oily combination skin in check. I love the cooling effect of it. I use this with St. Ives exfoliating cleanser. I don't know if I would repurchase though. It is kind of expensive. I could get the same result with a drugstore cleanser. But, I feel like Clinque cleansers have better ingredients. Anyway, don't get it in your mouth though, most clinque cleansers taste like boogers.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/13/2014 5:47:00 AM More reviews by glalalamour

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This cleanser has a clinical, clean scent which I didn't mind. It comes in this elegant, frosty green bottle. It broke my skin out like mad after several weeks of use, despite the fact that I was sticking to a healthy diet and did not wear makeup at all. I'm not sure why I was reacting so badly to the product. I ended up on Roaccutane. It was depressing.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2014 8:45:00 PM More reviews by MacAddict0

My favorite cleanser! I use this in conjunction with the Clinique moisture surge moisturizing gel and then finish with Epiduo on pimples. I really like the packaging-very easy to use, it lathers nicely and keeps my skin clear. Clinique is the best!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2014 7:46:00 AM More reviews by tigirlyly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I wanted to try the Clinique 3-step system for a while. I had a 2 week trip and Sephora sells a nicely sized kit. This cleanser was in the Oily skin kit.

Overall it is a very nice and gentle cleanser. Does not overly strip skin. Lathers nicely. Did not irritate my skin. Did not cause acne for me. No offensive odor. Rinses easily without any film left behind. I used it with my Clarisonic Mia on my trip and my Clarisonic Plus when at home.

I did like it, however I'm a Purity gal. However I like it enough to repurchase the entire kit for vacation trips. I prefer my Purity.

Update: I noticed a patch of eczema on my brow area to 1 eye only while using this cleanser. Didn't think much, but when I stopped using this cleanser, and returned to my Purity, it went away. I guess I may have been allergic to this cleansr.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2014 11:48:00 PM More reviews by yjanney

This is not a bad cleanser, it's just not that great for the price. There's no offensive odor, the lather is thin but OK, and I prefer cleansing gels for my oily, acne-prone skin with dry patches. It seemed to work just as well as Cetaphil for normal to oily skin, and that's cheaper so I'll stick with that.