July 28, 2014 | 2160 users online

Cleansers - Clinique - Liquid Facial Soap - Mild

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2014 2:38:00 PM More reviews by vivian308

I do like this soap, it is very very gentle, it's the only soap that after washing my face is not so tight, and I really like that fact, since almost every soap I used make my face very tight after wash..However this one does not remove makeup well, and I have to use the Clinique makeup remover before using this, and it is also a bit costly as well, since u have to buy another makeup remover for this to work. It is a good cleanser if u don't wear much makeup or want a really gentle cleanser for your skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/2/2014 12:05:00 PM More reviews by lichi79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is definitely not mild at all. It is better for oily skins. Caused dry patches on my face that were very hard to get rid off. I used very small amount each time, and I always moisturize after washing my face. I tried many moisturizers and none relieved the dry-tight feeling. Even your hands become dry from this cleanser. It does rinse clean and leaves no residue. (Obviously, it strips) The smell is pleasant and the pump bottle is convenient. I love some Clinique products, but their cleansers are not my cup of tea. There are better cleansers out there at a cheaper cost. I will never repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2014 12:29:00 PM More reviews by alypagz

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have combination skin with with mild acne. I have tried so many products and this is the best cleanser. It keeps my skin clear without harsh irritants.The only one I will use. No clogged pores.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2014 1:21:00 PM More reviews by Sjez

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great no-fuss nighttime facial cleanser. It removes eye makeup pretty well, doesn't sting if it gets in your eyes, and isn't too drying. The formulation is easy to work with and the bottle dispenses the perfect amount of product. The packaging is great with a very clean and streamlined look and the dispenser locks easily and lasted me the lifetime of the product. You also get a quite a lot of cleanser for the price, and the bottle lasted me about a year with nightly use. It's not my HG, so I probably won't repurchase, but for people with sensitive skin, I think this Clinique does a great job making gentle products that work, and the Liquid Facial Soap is definitely one of those. If I were to repurchase, however, I would probably go with the extra mild formulation for my dry skin because I found this to be the teensiest bit drying. I did not use this as part of the 3-step system and have pretty good skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2014 3:08:00 AM More reviews by porcelianine

I've been using this cleanser for 2 years now. It's my perfect one step make up remover. It even removes waterfroof mascara. I love it because compared to other ones it does not dry my skin out that much. I have quite a dry skin. I had other cleansers that have been more moisturising but were very poor in removing the dirt and make up. Despite the price it seems to be a good blance of effectiveness and moisture for my skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/28/2014 8:53:00 AM More reviews by Luuuna

I have heard rave reviews about Clinique skincare and decided to get the mild facial cleanser. Btw, this cleanser does not remove makeup.

Initially it was okay,it cleaned my face just like any other facial cleanser. However, after 2 weeks of using this product,day and night, i noticed my skin getting slightly dry but i thought nothing of it and continued using it. A few more weeks later,3 to be exact, my skin started to feel really dry and tight after every wash. I feel like this cleanser sucks all the moisture from my skin which is just horrible!

Only after trying this product, i chanced upon blogs and reviews about Clinique being harsh on the skin. I guess i should have research thoroughly on a product first before purchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2014 4:10:00 AM More reviews by mushroom8118

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This is my travel cleanser. I've been a loyal user of Clinique liquid soap mild since 2007 when I first started working and had to travel from time to time. Having to travel to new places and dealing with all kinds of weather and condition like meetings in air-conditioned room, going on the ground to sites under scorching sun, humid condition, etc I strive for a strong but mild enough all-in-one cleanser that will leave my skin clean and refreshed at the end of the day. I like this cleanser a lot! I think itís awesome as a basic all-in-one cleanser and does not burnt my pocket. It removes oil, sweat, grime, dirt even makeup very well, but it does require a large amount of product for full heavy makeup cleansing. It doesn't lather much but it rinses clean and I am left with clean, refreshed, and perfectly hydrated skin. The price is fair and it lasts me quite a long time. The packaging is nice, fits perfect in my travel cosmetic pouch and the pump lock is travel friendly :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2014 8:04:00 AM More reviews by Nobodys_angel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

When I first moved to London, my skin took quite a beating. I guess its the pollution and the quality of the water. My skin was rough, patchy and I had loads of blackheads on my nose. I went to superdrug and on a whim bought the grapefruit scrub by Neutrogena, thinking that it would sort the issues out. I thought wrong....on top of the dullness of my skin due to above mentioned reasons, I started to break out in small irritation bumps all over my face. It looked like I had a red awful rash all over. I was quite startled as my skin is usually very resilient and rarely responds adversely.
I then decided that it was time to get pricier stuff and Clinique came to mind because it worked well for me in the past. I marched on to boots and got myself the 3 step system...this cleanser, the toner and the moisturiser...lordy it was the best decision I ever made. My skin cleared up within a week...no more rash, no more roughness, no more patches, no more blackheads....just smooth and clear...and the longer I used it, the more clarity I noticed. Its really brilliant if you have skin that needs a clearing up but then I would avoid it if your skin tends to be over-reactive or sensitive. I know its a little pricey but you really only need a tiny bit so It lasts for ages.
So, let me urge you to take the plunge if you have a dull complexion, with clogged up pores and blackheads...get a sample and test it out.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/29/2014 7:52:00 AM More reviews by lucidjane

After many years of tackling awful acne prone skin, I finally got on top of it. I buy Clinique almost powder foundation as it is the only one that looks natural. The Clinique staff member gave me a little bottle of this to try. I ran out of my usual cleanser so gave it a go for a few days.

Now my acne has returned and even worse, I have blackheads. Everywhere. In every damn pore. It's so unfair! It has to be this product, as its the only new thing I've introduced into my skin care routine.

Very disappointed, will need to shell out on microdermabrasion to fix it. Blackheads are caused by excess oil and sebum, which is caused by products that strip the skin. If you have tricky skin...don't use this. And while I'm at it, the clinique dramatically different moisturiser gave me little red bumps all over after one application. It's pretty poor from a company that lauds itself as skin experts. Do yourself a favour and only use Cetaphil! It's cheap and effective.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2014 5:43:00 AM More reviews by deuxbisous

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

There is something so appealing about the Clinique image - all sterile and orderly. The Clinique ladies are a bit like nurses, ready to tend to your skincare needs. And yet, there is something of Nurse Ratched about them sometimes... there is a 'you need a good scrub with a proper soap!' sort of attitude, at least in my experience. Which is how I got bullied into buying this liquid facial soap, when I was pleading that surely I needed the extra mild one (which no doubt in itself would have been too harsh). I gave in, bought it, with the rest of the recommended three-step system, which I had last tried at least 20 years ago (and it didn't work for me then either), because then I got the pretty bag that the products went into(! ? why?). This stripped my skin 'real quick-like' as our Geordie plumber would say. My general opinion of Clinique skincare is that it's for people with robust skin.