November 26, 2014 | 1693 users online

Fragrances - Christian Dior - Dune EDT

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2014 9:02:00 PM More reviews by schamberae

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Black

Dune for me is really reflect my oriental side. I'm Indonesian, and I really familiar with this kind of scent. Dune exactly smell like traditional scrub called Lulur and it's so delicate, dark, delicious and really oriental. I got compliment from Mum, boyfriend and friend and they said this is the right scent for me..gives the masculine edge, Not that sickening sweet candy-ish fake vanilla.
Thank's Dior, I bought the rejected one (non box) for only $20.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2013 10:28:00 AM More reviews by SorceressOfTheDark

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

The new Dune is a bright, sparkling scent with the mosses crisp and clear, lying low to the skin. But where's the punch of the old Dune? It's supposed to take me away, at least it used to. But the new Dune takes me nowhere, and I waited and waited. The opening is a ghost of what it should be, what it used to be. It lasts for barely an hour and quietly slips away. Shame, shame and more shame.
I realize that many cannot purchase the old formula but if you can, look for it instead of the newest formulation. It will be money well spent.
Unless I want to continue spraying, it's vintage Dune for my selection.
Top Notes: Aldehydes, Peony, Mandarin Orange, Bergamot, Brazilian Rosewood.
Middle Notes: Lily, Jasmine, Ylang-Ylang, Rose, Wallflower.
Base Notes: Sandalwood, Amber, Patchouli, Musk, Benzoin, Vanilla, Oakmoss.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2013 7:58:00 PM More reviews by Cheekychee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I do not wear a perfume unless it touches a nerve in my soul. Dune does something for me when I smell it like tasting ginger, touching silk velvet or listening to that Rolling Stones song " gimme shelter". things that bless and haunt at the same time. Dune is so warm and comforting but those salty notes whisper mystery. The Bible verse for Dune: " these all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them from afar off were assured of them, embraced them and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth. Hebrews 11:13

5 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2013 6:11:00 PM More reviews by ScreamingMonkey

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I am not going to repeat all the accolades you can read below but I could not resist adding a review on one of my favourites. Dune is a one of a kind fragrance based on slightly bitter dark green and herbal accords. It is a fiercely independent and intelligent scent - no crowd pleasing here.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2012 9:49:00 AM More reviews by jinty0555

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Dune is a hypnotic feminine fragrance that captures an image in my mind of warm sands and the sun setting in an exotic place.
Very comforting.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2012 10:05:00 AM More reviews by Nades01

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Grey

warm and comforting. Instant classic.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2012 7:59:00 AM More reviews by Roccoco100

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Dune is exquisite and classy. My favourite scent of all time!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2012 7:40:00 AM More reviews by cocorocha

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I simply adore this scent...it is all a woman who likes floriental/aromatic/salty scents needs...
I especcially appreciate the reviewer who said that this is spooky...yup, it certainly is...it recquires a very special woman to wear it properly because it is a huuuuge powdery ''in your face''- miracle...
old, classic and unbelievable beautiful...very simmilar atmosphere that LB Roma oozes...
love it and have it in my collection...

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2012 11:01:00 AM More reviews by Gigit77

One of my favorites, a grounded amber tone, very warm and comforting and classy.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2012 12:56:00 AM More reviews by elph

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This was one of my favorites in my twenties, when I was just discovering fragrances outside of the drugstore. It's a warm, woody floriental with a bracing oceanic note behind it. There is something haunting about it, but that might be just my own memories of my misspent youth talking. This is one of those fragrances where the EDT and the EDP are none too subtly different from one another, and where I once was content to use both equally, I now definitely favor the softer EDT. Even though Dune is no longer my favorite fragrance, it still has a place in my heart.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No