Dior Dune EDT

3.6

on 2/11/2015 1:21:00 AM

Dune is a truly magnificent perfume on the right person - I am not that person. I have been trying Dune every five years or so, ever since it came out, always hoping that as my body chemistry changed, that it would become magnificent on me. We're simply not meant to be.

On me Dune smells like beautifully preserved old clothes that have been locked away in an attic for years with a pomander tucked in the chest to protect against insects. It is musty, dull, dry and faded. When I wear Dune I feel so old. The mustiness of it on my skin is unlike any other fragrance I've tried, and I've tried hundreds in my lifetime.

On the right person Dune is warm, sensuous and sexy without hitting you over the head. I'm friends with someone for whom Dune is the right person. I hate her.

on 1/21/2015 1:55:00 PM

Vintage dune edt is dark delicious oriental, BUT NOT gourmand sweet, powdery, cloying. Dry, but not camphorous overdose of cedar or oud. Nor is it acrid, like some overdose of vetiver. Not fusty or musty, even to those who unlike me are not fans of vintage. WoW.

It's the back bone that I wish some of the serge lutens fragrances could have.

Agree with Shazzer1976's comment that Dune references desert, not beach.

I don't get a lot of calone here, but I have not worn anything with a marine note in many years, so my nose is out of practice I with those types of fragrance notes.

I had to try Dune because I read this is Kate Middleton's signature scent. I believe what I tested was an EDT. On my body chemistry, this smells anything but young, beautiful, royal! It's a strange "old lady" smell. The bottle, however, is quite lovely.

Most of Dior's range smells way better than this! J'adore, Hypnotic Poision, the Miss Dior range, are all so much better than Dune (at least on my skin).

on 1/23/2014 9:02:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

Dune for me is really reflect my oriental side. I'm Indonesian, and I really familiar with this kind of scent. Dune exactly smell like traditional scrub called Lulur and it's so delicate, dark, delicious and really oriental. I got compliment from Mum, boyfriend and friend and they said this is the right scent for me..gives the masculine edge, Not that sickening sweet candy-ish fake vanilla.
Thank's Dior, I bought the rejected one (non box) for only $20.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

The new Dune is a bright, sparkling scent with the mosses crisp and clear, lying low to the skin. But where's the punch of the old Dune? It's supposed to take me away, at least it used to. But the new Dune takes me nowhere, and I waited and waited. The opening is a ghost of what it should be, what it used to be. It lasts for barely an hour and quietly slips away. Shame, shame and more shame.
I realize that many cannot purchase the old formula but if you can, look for it instead of the newest formulation. It will be money well spent.
Unless I want to continue spraying, it's vintage Dune for my selection.
Top Notes: Aldehydes, Peony, Mandarin Orange, Bergamot, Brazilian Rosewood.
Middle Notes: Lily, Jasmine, Ylang-Ylang, Rose, Wallflower.
Base Notes: Sandalwood, Amber, Patchouli, Musk, Benzoin, Vanilla, Oakmoss.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I am not going to repeat all the accolades you can read below but I could not resist adding a review on one of my favourites. Dune is a one of a kind fragrance based on slightly bitter dark green and herbal accords. It is a fiercely independent and intelligent scent - no crowd pleasing here.

on 12/15/2012 9:49:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Dune is a hypnotic feminine fragrance that captures an image in my mind of warm sands and the sun setting in an exotic place.
Very comforting.

on 12/6/2012 10:05:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

warm and comforting. Instant classic.

on 12/5/2012 7:59:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

Dune is exquisite and classy. My favourite scent of all time!

on 9/4/2012 7:40:00 AM

I simply adore this scent...it is all a woman who likes floriental/aromatic/salty scents needs...
I especcially appreciate the reviewer who said that this is spooky...yup, it certainly is...it recquires a very special woman to wear it properly because it is a huuuuge powdery ''in your face''- miracle...
old, classic and unbelievable beautiful...very simmilar atmosphere that LB Roma oozes...
love it and have it in my collection...

Popular Fragrances