July 28, 2014 | 1065 users online

Lipstick - Clinique - Butter Shine Lipstick - Delovely

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2013 11:04:00 AM More reviews by magicloop2009

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

It rocks, it makes me my lips soft and smooth, it is great I have one of these and a few more in the silvery bamboo tubes, and one in a green tube, but the silver are the new ones, but the delovely is - lovely like it said, and lasts for about two or more plus hours, and it shows a pink-silvery colour on me, I have plum a differenet grape, think bronze and pink beach (my favorite), Syaying power I say on a scale from on to ten it would be a four, but a five on a differnt lipstick, and a ten on High Impact lipstick -very high stayingpower

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2012 4:22:00 PM More reviews by stls

I received Delovely as a gift. Mine is in the green case...
The color looks very brown but on the lips it's sheer and shiny with a silvery sheen. No smell or taste. I like the texture although some might find it greasy.
But it wears off quickly and it does not do anything special for my face.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2012 2:59:00 PM More reviews by Snowing

This has been my favorite lipstick over the years. I have a large collection but this is one of the few that I have had to repurchase a few times now.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2012 7:41:00 PM More reviews by PiMehMeh

After testing out several of the colors I bought Delovely and have been using it at least once a week since then. Given that Delovely is a nude shade, it's a little difficult to say that it has serious color payoff; at best, it's pretty sheer, but all of the colors from their Butter Shine Lipsticks are more saturated than their Almost Lipsticks (practically a lip balm). Butter Shine Lipsticks seem to take one coat for sheer color and shine, and two for true color. No more than two though, because the shine may be too much unless you blot off the shine first.
Delovely did work at evening out my lip tone and moisturized them very well for about 4 hours before the shine began to fade. Not bad, compared to the Revlon Colorburst Lip Butters, which lost their shine in two hours and flaked if I didn't use a lip balm underneath.. kind of defeated the purpose of being a moisturizing lipstick! If it weren't for the flaking and over-drying, I would have loved Revlon's too because the pigmentation of their lip butters is actually better than Clinique's.
But Clinique's Butter Shine Lipstick did not require pre-moisturizing and never flaked, and the lasting power was at least twice that of Revlon's. It's also about twice the price, but I wanted moisturizing color and this does it better than Revlon's, and the metal bamboo-shaped casing is adorable and secure. Note that because the casing is metal and the formula is a soft gloss stick, this doesn't bode well in makeup bags on a hot day because it may melt faster than lipsticks in plastic casings.
While this may not be a great option for those who need a lip color on the go or need the strong pigmentation of a true lipstick, it definitely moisturizes for hours with a wearable color before reapplication might be needed again. The color lasts longer than the shine, so even if the shine fades and you have to reapply for added moisture, the nice thing is you're building up color with the second application. This is a winner for me as far as my needs for dry lips and color evening goes, so I would definitely repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/4/2012 8:39:00 AM More reviews by farmy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I purchased this from the Clinique counter a couple of years ago and yes I still have it. When I spoke to the SA I told her I was looking for a nude lipstick. I remember swatching a couple of colours and this was the one that stood out the most.

Pros: So creamy and the colour while sheer is actually quite nice on.

Cons: It's brown. Lets not dance around the topic. It's a brown lipstick.

While it's sheer this counteracts the fact that it's brown. I find this hue is quite nice on me (surprised) however it's not often that I have a call for brown lipstick.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/15/2012 10:19:00 AM More reviews by juliet1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

After reading the reviews I wanted to love this, but I'm just not sure it looks all that great on me. The lipstick certainly has a lovely texture and feels very moisturising, but the colour is just not what I expected at all. I expected this to be a light, sparking nude, but on my lips it just looks too dark, brown and quite muddy, not very flattering at all. I am Scottish and have a pretty typical celtic complexion - dark hair, fair skin, green eyes and pigmented lips. I know that lots of girls with similar complexions complain about lipsticks often looking 'muddy' on their pigmented lips and I'm afraid this is one of those for me. Clinique's website, by the way, has the worst colour swatches in the world. On the site Delovely is shown as a kind of really pale champagne beige - I don't think this would look like that on anyone, regardless of skintone or lip pigmentation. The bamboo shaped silver bullet is gorgeous though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2011 6:42:00 PM More reviews by amarock

This review has been a long time coming... since I've owned this lipstick when the Butter Shine line launched. I purchased this colour, Delovely, along with Raspberry Rush at that time and they are both still my top 10 lipsticks ever. Delovely probably is in the top 3 range. The colour is so easy to wear for a neutral lip that makes my lips look alive and fresh. The Butter Shine formula is really comfortable to wear and provides just enough moisture so it doesn't dry out my lips, but isn't so slippery that it causes colour transfer or that slimy feeling. I'm super impressed at the perfect blend of rich colour pay-off and wearability of this lipstick. The silver bamboo look tube is a real improvement on the old Clinique plastic light sage tube - I definitely recommend this and would repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2010 1:09:00 PM More reviews by tygress

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is one of the few lipsticks that I've purchased more than once. Beautiful MLBB pink-brown nude on me. Leaves my lips soft and feels super-light, almost like a gloss. The only beef I have is that it doesn't last that long, but with the soft, light consistency of it the short wear time is not that much of a bother for me. Would purchase this again and again, and I love the silver bamboo tube!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/30/2010 1:05:00 AM More reviews by pinchopeach

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

i like the color, but dries out my lips

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2010 11:29:00 PM More reviews by MaryEllen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

Although I'm a sucker for moisturizing lipsticks (Chantecaille Lip Chic and Lipstick Queen being at the top of my hit list), I find the Butter Shine lipsticks to be, well, too butter-like--greasy and almost slimy-feeling, with the atttendant bleeding and short wear time. And Delovely, which I bought to wear as a neutral when I wear bright red clothing, was another dud nude on me. It's an odd shade--sort of beige, but there's something else in the mix that just sucks the color from my face. This went back and I will not repurchase.