December 20, 2014 | 1610 users online

Liquid - American Beauty - Perfectly Even Natural Finish Foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 9/1/2014 2:25:00 PM More reviews by cw2000jul

Over this summer I've been working on clearing up my skin for school. I bought this product last week, and let me say I am extremely dissatisfied with this foundation! I started breaking out all over my forehead and chin area. It was my first breakout in about 2 weeks and all because i started using this product! Don't get me wrong though, I love the coverage and I would keep using it, if only my skin could tolerate it. And now, thanks to American beauty, my skin looks terrible and school starts tomorrow! Luckily I found another foundation called Porefection by Lorac and it works wonderfully without my skin breaking out!(I recommend Porefection if you have skin like mine, oily/combination and you don't want to suffer from breakouts!)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2014 1:45:00 PM More reviews by karennennstiel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This foundation is a must-try for ladies with dry skin or dry patches. I recently re-discovered it after my skin suddenly developed dry patches after menopause. I had just about given up trying to find a foundation that didn't make my dry patches more obvious or look cakey and obvious on the face.

The foundation comes in a pour-top glass bottle and has a rather thin texture. A plus for me was that there was no sunscreen since I am sensitive to chemical sunscreens and prefer to apply a mineral sunscreen with my moisturizer.

I applied it over a moisturizer with SPF and found the coverage to be light to medium but buildable. It blends on well with fingertips or the Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge. It has a natural finish even after a light layer of powder is dusted on. As with most foundations, you will need a consealer for any dark circles, blemishes or discolorations. It has good staying power, especially on normal and/or dry skin types. I doubt most oily skins would be happy with the non-matte finish. It smoothed over my more obvious pores without sinking into them - even without a primer.

I bought the Fair/Cool shade for my fair skin with red undertones. It didn't have the annoying pink undertone, but rather is a neutral tone. As a comparison, my best shade in the L'Oreal True Blend Super Blendable foundation is N1.

This foundation is available only at Kohl's store or Kohls.com for $18.50 USD. It does go on sale from time to time and you can use your Kohl's discounts unlike on the "prestige" brands they carry.

It's interesting that such a nice product is such a well-kept secret. There are hardly any reviews on YouTube.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2014 9:00:00 PM More reviews by JessicaGio

This is actually my first time in years getting back to foundation. I chose this foundation just because I happened to have a coupon for Kohls but also I was drawn by the "warm" or "cool" skin tone options. "Light Warm" was what looked to be the best fit for me and I am really pleased with the coverage and smooth effect of this foundation. A little goes a long way and it holds up very well through out the day and I am really pleased with what a match I was able to get with my skin tone. This is a little pricy but not outrageous and because a little goes such a long way it seems like it will last me for quite some time.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/24/2013 10:32:00 AM More reviews by EmilyJoell

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

If you have oily skin this stuff is not for you. It slides right of your face and doesn't have the best coverage. Do not recommend.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/4/2013 3:44:00 PM More reviews by mfgrape123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product has a yellow tint to it, even in the cool tones. I also found that the foundation itself more sits on top of the skin, enhancing lines, instead of blending seamlessly. It doesn't offer much coverage on its own, but when paired with a matching powder it covers a decent amount of discoloration. Don't try it on zits, though. It just makes them look worse.
I like that it comes in a glass bottle, it looks better than plastic and sort of justifies the price. But I wish it were a pump bottle. That'd make it much more sanitary.
all in all, I think that $19 is too much to pay for a mediocre product in a cute jar.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/5/2013 4:49:00 PM More reviews by beautyofthewest

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I loved this foundation for a while but I just found something better in a drugstore for a lower price. This makeup leaves a natural finish except that is comes off SO easily. It does not last very long and it is difficult to blend because it is so sheer that it is hard to put it in one spot. I recommend flower about face foundation from Walmart. It is comparable to this one except the drugstore one is so much better with a built in primer and leaves a natural finish too.
I am not getting paid to advertise that one but I find it to be similar and longer lasting.

Overally I do not recommend American Beauty foundation because it is not long lasting and too sheer for my acne prone skin.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2013 5:07:00 PM More reviews by ExoticAlbino

This is almost a dead on dupe of Urban Decay's Naked Foundation but for a fraction of the cost. I own both & the texture/finish/wear are extremely similar. Unfortunately, I'm not a fan so this doesn't thrill me.

I have problematic skin that tends to look cakey with make up quickly. This foundation sort of looked like a mask on me. It's "demi satin" finish is supposed to look natural, which I'm sure it does, just not on me.

I like the buildable coverage. But that's pretty much the only nice thing I liked about this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2013 7:10:00 AM More reviews by Sk8rGurl

I love love love this product! I wear a light/cool and it is so light and makes your skin look smooth but doesn't look like you have foundation on, and thats a good thing! The only problem with me on this product is i'm wondering how long it lasts and if i should change my primer to make it lasts longer? Anyways great product!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2013 12:16:00 PM More reviews by shomaq

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Being a make-up artist for about 20 years, I have to say I absolutely love this foundation. Having tried foundations from Chanel Vita Lumiere Aqua to Loreal's True Match...I have to say I keep on going back to this foundation. It's not too heavy, quite light, give a beautiful sheen to the skin. Not greasy or too dewy at all. It feels fabulous. There aren't too many shades but its good enough. The price is quite fair as well. I have to say its a fantastic foundation...definitely something that I use and carry in the makeup box...favorite HG foundation.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2012 2:56:00 PM More reviews by deliberateangel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I bought this at Kohl's and really like it. I think it's light coverage and has a dewy finish. I have the color 5 light-medium dark. It's a little light for me but the next darkest color is way too dark. The colors are pretty limited with this foundation.
It has a very slight perfume smell that dissipates quickly.
It is pretty moisturizing and comes off easily if you touch your face. Other than that it can last 6-8 hours before I need to touch up. This doesn't irritate my sensitive and dry skin and leaves a very nice glow.
I get many compliments when I wear this. I was told my skin looks luminous.