November 25, 2014 | 1819 users online

Lipstick - NARS - Vera Cruz

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2013 1:16:00 PM More reviews by pr0cessa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I ordered this from the NARS website where it's listed as a "retro" color - perhaps because it was discontinued, then brought back? Either way, I like it, and I do think it's sort of a "90s" color. Remember classics like Revlon's Toast of New York or Clinique Black Honey? This color is reminiscent of those - it's an MLBB color. It's sheer, with very subtle golden sparkle. However it's rather bright, especially when layered on. I like this a lot, but prefer my colors warmer as I have very yellow/olive skin. I much prefer NARS warm reds such as Mindgame, Flamenco & Zanzibar. The description of this color on the website is "sheer cinnamon" but when I think cinnamon, I think brown, and this color is not brown, more of a reddish-plum. This is a nice "safe" color and I'll use it all up, but won't buy again, there are too many other great NARS colors I want to try first (Beautiful Liar, Tzigane)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2009 2:32:00 PM More reviews by midge55

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this lipstick -- I went to the Nars counter yesterday to try on several Nars lipsticks that I had read good reviews about -- I pulled out a few tester lipsticks to try, and out of all I tried I loved this the best! It brightens up my face, is not real shiny and just makes my lips look more pronounced and defined. It is a kind of red brown color on me, not too different than my lips looked when I was younger and they were more pigmented. I was really surprised at how much I love this color - My new favorite!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2009 9:36:00 AM More reviews by Tigrou

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Another beautiful lipstick from NARS. This shade is a pretty plum with a super subtle gold shimmer. It is from the "sheer" category of Nars lipsticks. It goes really well with my dark brown hair and medium beige skin with yellow undertones. You can layer it to add more depth and darken the color. I also think that 2 or more applications improves the staying power of the sheer lipsticks. It looks absolutely gorgeous with a clear lipgloss on top. I would also like to try this with a clear gloss that has gold shimmer in it. In any case, this is a gorgeous color that I would buy again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2008 10:51:00 PM More reviews by asiawall

i really like this color, but it is apparently discontinued. i have fair warm skin, and it suits me very well, a light brownish purple with a tiny bit of shimmer, not drying at all. looks more natural than it sounds. i wear it almost as much as my HG, gypsy. wish they would bring it back.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2007 5:38:00 PM More reviews by moonshadow7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a sheer, neutral, plummy brown-red color that works really well with my olive skin tone. It has a tiny bit subtle gold shimmer that adds some extra dimension to the color and is very pretty. I find Nars lipsticks to be a little drying, so I have to apply lip balm underneath them, but the color is well worth-it. The packaging is chic black rubber and the lipstick never breaks or wobbles in the tube. It's $23 which is really expensive, but it lasts forever so I think it's well worth it. This is a great everyday shade but I would avoid it if you are fair, unless you want a more dramatic lip.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2006 12:25:00 PM More reviews by lunyc

I love this color on my lips - it gives them a natural rosy boost - but it is too drying. I had to pile on the lip balm, but after 4 days, my lips were like sandpaper.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2006 9:29:00 AM More reviews by lfrueh

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

A beautiful lipstick witha velvety finish. It's a red-brown, depending on the light more red or brown. One layer is fairly sheer but gives emphasis and balances dark eyes. Great for a full mouth, wouldn't recommend it for thin lips. I use it with a balm base (well absorbed) or it can sink into lines & look a little too matte. But it's a good, sophisticated non-trashy red!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2006 10:26:00 PM More reviews by Bijou7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I truly love this shade. It's almost in a tie with my all-time fave brown, Clinique Double Fudge! Vera Cruz is a beautiful, medium-toned rosy brown against my NC15, olive skin, one of the few browns that this cool-toned girl can wear. I guess it's the degree of rosiness that comes out when I wear it that makes it so flattering on me, I don't know, but it's got the magic combination! Has a very smooth formula (creamier than Flair), sheer but with a great coverage that can be either built up or barely applied to accent the natural color of your lips. Another gorgeous l/s from Nars...

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2006 9:57:00 PM More reviews by thinkpink710

I was expecting this lipstick to have more brown tones in it. On me, it looks like a sheer plain red with very slight gold shimmer. Nothing too special, the shade is quite generic. Quality of lipstick is very good though.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2006 12:51:00 AM More reviews by burlesquebunny

This is a lovely sheer cinnamon just as described on the Nars site. It gives me a nice healthy color and some shimmer to my lips. It is not drying at all and goes on very smooth.